Carenado sale at PC Aviator through Dec. 19 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carenado sale at PC Aviator through Dec. 19

cbreeze

Download store

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone was having trouble accessing the download store? I bought the Carenado Seneca yesterday and all went well. I tried several times to access the site tonight but got a http 403 error. I wanted to buy one or two other aircraft. I have never experienced this.

BTW the Seneca is awesome. Well worth the money and perhaps their best yet.

cbreeze

I am getting the same error. I can get into the base site, but not to the sale pages.

I picked out the 172 with floats yesterday....it's great!
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

NoNewMessages
    If you can't hit the Carenado site, Flightsim's FS Pilot Shop is showing the same 30% off sale.

cbreeze
    Thanks everyone. Must be a problem with thier server if I am not the only one having that problem.

Back to the Seneca, I have about 90 hours in the real thing and it sure brings back memories and much, much cheaper to operate. Engine sounds on this model seem to be pretty accurate.

Cbreeze

I made my purchases through PC Aviator, so they are also an option if you can't get through to the Carenado store.

Cheezyflier, I spent some time in the 206 today, and I have to agree with what you said. Great plane, terrible sound. :\ I was almost taken aback at just how poor the sound quality is. I think I'm going to just alias the sound to the default 208 until/unless someone finds a good sound set for it (I searched the usual sites, but didn't come up with anything for the FSX version.) Thank you for the very accurate assessment of it, it's an otherwise very nice plane.
    OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch and Multi Panels, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

Might want to put in the c172 sounds instead of the 208. The 208 is a turboprop, the C206 is a recip.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Might want to put in the c172 sounds instead of the 208. The 208 is a turboprop, the C206 is a recip.
    Thanks, I didn't even give that a consideration. I'll be aliasing it to the 172 then, as I want the sound to at least be in the right ballpark.
    OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch and Multi Panels, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

Blog Entries
    Turbine Sound Studios made the sounds for the C206. You can purchase there products on Simmarket.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

yesterday while googling i came across a forum post from somewhere that gave cfg changes that would give the 206 turbo power. i didn't try it because i like it the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    yesterday while googling i came across a forum post from somewhere that gave cfg changes that would give the 206 turbo power. i didn't try it because i like it the way it is.
    Hmm, that's interesting. Are there any real turbo 206's, or is it just an 'I did it cause it can be done in FSX (or I just wanted it faster)' type of mod?

Anyone else getting a 403 error when trying to access the PC Aviator Download store?

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    AAARRGH..

This is too good to pass up. They make some great planes....

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by RCAF_Gunner View Post
    Anyone else getting a 403 error when trying to access the PC Aviator Download store?
    Just checked it, I got a 403 error as well. Fortunately, the sale prices are available at a few other places already mentioned in this thread, so if you can't get through there, there's at least a few other places to try.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I have the 182 RG for FS9 from a year or two ago, and that thing is AWESOME.....!

I did a couple of repaints for it.

Great soundpack as well.

The stock white plastic panel is horrible, so I made my own fake wood plastic panel. I think there are two versions of panel plastic that come with it. (Cant remember).

Attached is one of the blue and white ones in the package, white panel, stock, and the red stripes with gray interior and wood panel is my own paint scheme for it.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by DB93 View Post
    Just checked it, I got a 403 error as well. Fortunately, the sale prices are available at a few other places already mentioned in this thread, so if you can't get through there, there's at least a few other places to try.
    Thanks for confirming that for me George. At least it's not just me. I was trying to avoid creating another online account. :d

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    The stock white plastic panel is horrible, so I made my own fake wood plastic panel.
    Do you have that uploaded anywhere? I'm interested in it.

Well, thanks to the temptation provided by the sale, I picked up my first Carenado product: the C152 II. Very nice indeed.

Hi, everybody,

one day left, no I´m not payed by Carenado, I love that light and crisp feeling.
    Attachment 23161Attachment 23162Attachment 23163
    Is there any practical way (for computerdummies) to add splashsound to her? To Bills Kodiak would be nice too..

Cheers, Thilo

Sure hope so. This is one I purchased that I've suddenly become addicted to.

Exploring the Queen Charlotte Islands at present.....
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    Hi, everybody,

one day left, no I´m not payed by Carenado, I love that light and crisp feeling.
    Attachment 23161Attachment 23162Attachment 23163
    Is there any practical way (for computerdummies) to add splashsound to her? To Bills Kodiak would be nice too..

Cheers, Thilo
    Hi Thilo,

I don't have the Carenado 172, but I do have Bill's Kodiak. What I did to add the splash sound to the Kodiak is as follows:

1.) Go to your C208B\Sound folder, and backup SOUND.CFG. (We're using this one, since that's what the kodiak is mapped to for sound.)

2.) Open the SOUND.CFG in the C208B\Sound folder using a program like Notepad.

3.) Scroll down to the block of code that reads:
    Code:

[GROUND_ROLL]
    filename=bnroll
    flags=125218
    viewpoint=1
    minimum_volume=6000
    maximum_volume=9600
    minimum_speed=3
    maximum_speed=25
    minimum_rate=0.80
    maximum_rate=0.95
    link=GROUND_ROLL1

[GROUND_ROLL1]
    filename=bnroll2
    flags=135380
    viewpoint=1
    4.) Add the following code immediately under the 'viewpoint=1' entry:
    Code:

link=GROUND_ROLL2

[GROUND_ROLL2]
    filename=waterloop
    flags=8
    minimum_volume=6000
    maximum_volume=9300
    minimum_speed=3
    maximum_speed=55
    minimum_rate=0.95
    maximum_rate=1.10
    5.) Save the SOUND.CFG file, load up the Kodiak, and land or take off in water and you should have the splash sounds now.

The values I used are the ones from the default Beaver, and that's how I accomplished getting splash sounds on the Kodiak. As for the splash sounds for the Carenado, I don't know if they're aliasing the sound from another plane or if it has it's own sound set (for the 172), so I can't help you with that one, unfortunately. However I would expect the principle to be the same.

Good luck, and hope this helps.

-George

Thank you, George,

Your Kodiak splash works great, of course, but no sucess with the C172...
    The soundcfg has 6 ground roll entries?! Then I looked into the C206 soundcfg, she has splashsound, here Carenado works with the fuselagescrape entry - tried same with the C172, but...,Hey, this is nothing that stops me from sleep at night!
    Thanks for the Kodiak!

Cheers, Thilo

I couldn't resist it......

I had to pick up the ski equipped 172 in the last couple of hours of the sale. Been running around the mountains around Fairbanks since....

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    Thank you, George,

Your Kodiak splash works great, of course, but no sucess with the C172...
    The soundcfg has 6 ground roll entries?! Then I looked into the C206 soundcfg, she has splashsound, here Carenado works with the fuselagescrape entry - tried same with the C172, but...,Hey, this is nothing that stops me from sleep at night!
    Thanks for the Kodiak!

Cheers, Thilo
    Thilo, the water splash sound should be tied to a GROUND_ROLL section. If the last GROUND_ROLL is 6 in the Carenado C172, I'd suggest using the same section I pasted above for the Kodiak, but change the numbers so that they're one higher than the highest current GROUND_ROLL section.

So if your last GROUND_ROLL section is GROUND_ROLL6, then at the very end of that section, directly under the last line, paste in the code the following way:
    Code:
    link=GROUND_ROLL7

[GROUND_ROLL7]
    filename=waterloop
    flags=8
    minimum_volume=6000
    maximum_volume=9300
    minimum_speed=3
    maximum_speed=55
    minimum_rate=0.95
    maximum_rate=1.10
    The 'link=GROUND_ROLL7' part needs to be there to activate the GROUND_ROLL7 section. The 'flags=8' is the part that tells the sim that this sound is active in water, and waterloop is the actual name of the file that is played back that contains the water sounds.

Hope that helps you get it working on the C172 from Carenado, and best of luck.

-George

Hi,George,

thank you so much, perfect! And thanks for the explanations.

Cheers, Thilo

Hi Thilo,

No problem, happy to help.

-George

Members who have read this thread: 0