'Project Opensky' ERJ-135

Thread: 'Project Opensky' ERJ-135

FlyTexas

Cool 'Project Opensky' ERJ-135

I've never been a big fan of the "puddle jumper" jets but this ERJ-135 by 'Project Opensky' is making me rethink my position. A real beauty and free as well! She can be downloaded from Project Opensky's website.

http://www.projectopensky.com/

Brian

Charter Member 2011
    I've had the -145 installed for a while, and it's beautiful.
    Thanks for posting the -135 in AE colours, I've been wanting to shoot some screens at Boston Logan, and this would be just the thing.

Projectopensky makes some very nice tubeliners.

do you use a special sound set with this plane?

145 is nice too and the merge with a legal copy of feelthere panel works well.

Only difficult bit with POSKY embraer and B777 is the installation of the VC but it is well worth the effort.
    I however never managed to get the VC 100% right in the 135 as at the rear of the cockpit I can see the ground...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good hunting lads!

FlyTexas
    Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    do you use a special sound set with this plane?
    I'm using an Aaron Swindle sound set which I found on flightsim.com. The file name is d1erj145.zip.

Brian

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Corsair 14F View Post
    ...Only difficult bit with POSKY embraer and B777 is the installation of the VC but it is well worth the effort.
    I however never managed to get the VC 100% right in the 135 as at the rear of the cockpit I can see the ground...
    Too right, I usually look for a repaint that has the Full Monty of model+updates to FDE, patches for VC, etc etc but am having some difficulty finding one for the -135.

There is a mod to fix the VC I believe:
    Name: erjgrabp.zip Size: 7,349,639 Date: 01-08-2004 Downloads: 6,860
    FS2004 ProjectERJ ERJ Series Panel. Customized version of Bill Grabowski's ERJ panel for FS2004 for use with Project ERJ ERJ-135/140/145/Legacy series planes. This version eliminates the side and rear bitmap views which interfere with the virtual cockpit views. Original panel by Bill Grabowski. For use with the aircraft by Nick Botamer.

EDIT:
    Err...this is too hard. By far.
    To do a POSKY install you need a fresh mind, determination, and lots of time.
    Lacking all three...
    I found a paint for my -145 and just plopped it on :d

I'm sure it is POSKY policy to have those who want to have the VC installed make the effort as a tribute to and acknowledgement of POSKY 's fantastic work.

Besides it gives you the once in a lifetime opportunity to claim that you did it and it works!

The people who upload full packages just spoil the all thing...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good hunting lads!

Charter Member 2011
    I would not argue with that viewpoint, beyond saying that once in a lifetime is enough :d Having done it once with the -145 I am vindicated and so qualify for the Full Monty on all the others!

EDIT: Twice! I also assembled their B772, arguably the most contorted one of all time (was that 6 or 7 bits and pieces in the end?) but also one of the best models in the business - and that's before you get gobsmacked by the VC.

Wink 145

Hi,

I like also the 145 .. great plane.

And a video (12 MB)

http://www.fdbox.com/download.php?uid=YNVQRUAK

Charter Member 2011
    Great approach shot...
    And a great low-level flyby in the clip!

Did I tell you I'm rated on ERJ...for my real job...?

ttfn

Pete

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Did I tell you I'm rated on ERJ...for my real job...
    Nope...but now we know, can you tell us how the OpenSky ERJ rates dynamically?

Members who have read this thread: 0