Blog Entries

Hello Hello

Hello

Skipsan

Nobody here but us Tumbleweeds.......

Attachment 21631

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    You rang for the Arctic?

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

CG the Bear's are way too cool :salute::salute::salute:

Good_2_Be how is you new ship coming along

Skipsan

PS: WE need our bananas back

Have not let her run down the slipway yet, bit o fine tuning yet. LOD's and some paint and a DP file. Real world keeps stealing my motivation Attachment 21983

Lookin' good GTB!
    PSULLYKEYS

The only thing necessary for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

Hello again

She is beautiful :ernae::ernae::ernae:
    What program are you using to model the ship? I just down loaded "Free!ship" Deep in my sole I know that I must get in to ship building I personally enjoy the smaller ship like: Army FP/FT Vessels large yard craft and others like APc small coastal transport :mixedsmi: http://www.navsource.org/archives/09/23/23001.htm

Please keep up all your great work's I do enjoy your efforts and artistry

Skipsan

PS Are the Banana's back? Oh I do hope-so

Skipsan,

You have to make up your mind which sim you wanna build for.

Gmax can build for most but is difficult to learn.

FSDS will make models for cfs2 and 3 but will cost you. Its made by Abacus and is quite easy to learn. If it is cfs2 you wanna build for then you will need FSDS2.

Delft ship is available as free trial.

Not sure about Free!ship, you might find that exporting the model can be complicated.

If you have deep pockets, 3Dmax versions 8 or 9, is top of the range, but again difficult to learn.

Beside's all that, you will have to get the plans of the models you make or at least a good bit of data to make a half decent model.

Let us know what you gonna do and the guys here can help you.

regards Collin:ernae:

Gstring users

Skipsan,

this is a typical Gmax user.....

Attachment 22379

Please note the following....

The "what the f", expression.

The busted nose where he has been banging his head against the monitor.

The unshaven and generally unkempt appearance,(the slovenly brute).

The tired eyes from staring at the screen wondering what happened to his texture's.

The hood to cover his baldness.

The empties waiting to be returned and replenished (background left).

The fur lined toilet (background right) and no toilet paper.

Skipsan, this could be you in a few weeks time.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    The hood to cover his baldness.
    Plus he is in Phoenix AZ (at a temp of 75 degrees Fahrenheit) and wearing a light arctic parka. :isadizzy:

.. it appears that severe "G-string brain-damage" has already occurred .. very similar to your affliction Collin! Attachment 22500

.......Attachment 22499

Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries
    Collin I shall try and head/remember your dyer warning of thing to come

However I must give it a go :ernae: It seams no-one is interested in the small workhorse of the fleet Take a Army FT hauling trash from one forward supply base to a forward Army Air
    Unit and along comes 2 Pete's The fight is on FT w/2-twin .50 cal's and 1-single 40mm AA Ether side can win this fight. Pulse when one looks at the Fleet, yes the Big Boy's stand out and are the one's noticed. That being said look around them what is filling in all that space? Aux, support, supply and services craft

Thank you for your support and concern for my health and wellbeing :salute:

Skipsan

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries
    Excuse Me Dirtman! I belive that Toronto OH-CANADA is in the Canada Banana Belt Why not come up to the real Canada; NW Ontario Ca I senses a Freudian slip Dirtman winters-over in AZ [southern US]

Nice try but no banana's Oh you are in the banana belt

Skipsan

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipsan View Post
    Excuse Me Dirtman! I belive that Toronto OH-CANADA is in the Canada Banana Belt Why not come up to the real Canada; NW Ontario Ca I senses a Freudian slip Dirtman winters-over in AZ [southern US]

Skipsan
    Good one. He may be in the Canada Banna Belt but im not. Im in the Canada Freezer. Skipsan good luck with Gmax. I tried to many times and failed, but im learning 3DS Max at the local collage. Just remember I can snow bomb and chill bomb Dirt or the lower 48.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Yo Skip;

No man ... I'm in the Kanadian BEER BELT!

..... Attachment 22706

Yo CG;

Remember: Yellowknife is where we send people ... to get RID of them!

Have a nice winter!

.... Attachment 22707

Dirtman

Ahh Geez

Skipsan

Yo Skip;

OK so yer a little slow on the up-take .... let me explain it to you:

The pic Collin posted is of Good_2_B (from his webcam) .... he lives in Arizona .... he thinks 75F is cold.

Now do you understand Bro?
    I could elaborate farther .... maybe put all the info in a .PDF & email it to ya?

Attachment 22708 Attachment 22708 Attachment 22708

Dirtman

The "what the f", expression. Evening talking to the Dozen

The busted nose where he has been banging his head against the monitor. This is a fine noble nose busted by a 2X4

The unshaven and generally unkempt appearance,(the slovenly brute). The benefit of not working in a office, Slovenly indeed, the ladies like a rugged scruffy look. I think next summer I'm gonna work in a kilt.

The tired eyes from staring at the screen wondering what happened to his texture's. From looking at Collin Attachment 22770

The hood to cover his baldness. Bald, your just jealous of my long locks and full head o hair.

The empties waiting to be returned and replenished (background left). Those are strictly medicinal from mi own still

The fur lined toilet (background right) and no toilet paper. Aye it be mink. but what is toilet paper let alone a toilet?

Skipsan, this could be you in a few weeks time. Seriously takes less than three days and the ladies won't leave you alone Attachment 22773

And I know 70 degree's is cold Attachment 22775

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtman View Post
    .. it appears that severe "G-string brain-damage" has already occurred .. very similar to your affliction Collin!

Oh gawd........"Trollops in the Mist"........

G2B, no more excuses, and for your information toilet paper is what you use instead of the cat.

Sorry about them Skip and CG, but thats what you get when you use Gstring or live to close to Quebec.

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries
    Well Collin I downloaded "DELFT Ship free" so we shall have a go I think

Have a question for you; would your "Crew @ Fox Four" consider taking on this little ditty: http://www.warboats.org/crashboat.htm
    The Med air-crew's really would appreciate it

Skipsan

Well Collin I downloaded "DELFT Ship free" so we shall have a go I think

Have a question for you; would your "Crew @ Fox Four" consider taking on this little ditty: http://www.warboats.org/crashboat.htm
    The Med air-crew's really would appreciate it

Skipsan

I downloaded Delft a couple of years ago....never did any serious work with it, so it got deleted a couple of months back. Now I'm waiting for FSDS4 to come out.

There is already a RAF rescue launch out for cfs2. But, as with most sites, they will give you the plans for profile and plan view but leave out the boring bit the "lines" plan.
    "lines" show the shape of the hull fore and aft which in turn governs the shape of the main deck and the superstructure, see below.

Attachment 22977

To make a good 3D model, you really have to find the plans to a specific date an gather what data you can about the ship at that time. Nowadays, this might involve buying foreign booklets like Profile Morskie or some Japanese publication, (which is great, it means you have to approach the Polish waitresses for translations and let things happen from there).

The crash boat, has a difficult hull because of its 'chine', I would have to look up in my library to see if there were any comparable plans. But between making the new tanker (bitch of a bridge) and the 'Fuhrer' giving me crazy orders in Blitzkrieg Mission Barbarossa (I'm now Oberstleutnant), my time is at a premium.

By all means test a few ship modelling programs, but remember that they have to be able to export to cfs2 and be able to have that file usable by the sim. Once you have this the next stage is your setup in file's, when you have made a part, gun/lifeboat/winch, etc, save the part to a file by itself so that you can recall it for another model at a later date, this saves a lot of time.

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

Roger that Collin :salute: I do not like doing bits and piece's over and over again :isadizzy:

My thought was you could import the plan & profile views plot the points and go from there. Vice doing or trying to locate the lines. Although the FT/FP do have a very nice set of lines for the plans

Thanks for the info Collin

Skipsan

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Talkin smack about the GMAX users again I see.

Good thing I am sooo above such attacks... otherwise I would have to close this thread.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post
    Talkin smack about the GMAX users again I see.

Good thing I am sooo above such attacks... otherwise I would have to close this thread.

Attachment 23025

And to think it started with Hello

Beware the Darkside Skipsan they have biscuits.

Any problems give a yell but I'm sure Lord Collin has you going along pretty well. The man is absolutely Brilliant

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries
    Hello-Hello again Marry Christmas to you and yours :salute: To our British and Canadian contingent Happy Boxing Day and a Joyous Christmas day

Skipsan in Cheese-land

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

Hello-Hello-Hello for the last time this year Wishing all you chaps a very Happy New Year :ernae::ernae:

Skipsan

Members who have read this thread: 0