This Is My Place - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: This Is My Place

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Moms doing well. We've been putting mom on this workout machine that sort of bends her leg slowly and continuously..

Some amazing technologies concerning knee surgeries these days.... The woman next to her at the hospital was walking the next day. Mind you, she had a walker thing she was using, but still.....

Bill

Great news Bill...Thanks ....

Retired SOH Administrator
    22 Hours and trembling

..and getting excited by the hour...

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

harleyman
    YUP

Its Christmas Eve now........

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    It still feels like November 1st.. Hard to believe its already Christmas Eve..

Now to get my shopping done..

:d

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

It really feels like Xmas here we got dumped on last night just over a foot of the white "chit" as Moe would say. I hope that is all for now it might look pretty in pictures but it is a P.I.T.A. for anyone like myself who travels the roads allot, I was out last night and there were cars off the road all over the place, there are always a few who don't get the snow tires on in time for the first blast and they end up in a ditch sooner or later.

Happy Ho...Ho... Holdiays everyone and see you around the XUnvierse tomorrow Mason
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

harleyman
    Tommorrow it is ... I hope I am not to busy to install and play some....

Guess I better add...I think I was good all year for Santa to bring me my wish list present..but we shall see...LOL

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    It really feels like Xmas here we got dumped on last night just over a foot of the white "chit" as Moe would say. I hope that is all for now it might look pretty in pictures but it is a P.I.T.A. for anyone like myself who travels the roads allot, I was out last night and there were cars off the road all over the place, there are always a few who don't get the snow tires on in time for the first blast and they end up in a ditch sooner or later.

Happy Ho...Ho... Holdiays everyone and see you around the XUnvierse tomorrow Mason
    Having a good machine built for that kind of stuff is nice.

Years ago, testing for Range Rover, we took those poor things EVERYWHERE and through EVERYTHING.. It was amazing what they could take. Mind you this was the early body styles before they became more of a street vehicle then an off road vehicle. The old ones, if you can find one in really nice condition, are fairly inexpensive and rugged like you cant believe. Just have to baby that all aluminum block engine. The headliners tend to fall down in wet climates. You can always have an interior shop redo it fairly cheap though, regluing a new cover of that material onto the roof inner panels (which are some sort of board material, pressed into shape).

Just dont get the air suspension.. eeks.. The early models had bugs galore in those.. You can get a spring suspension kit that exchanges the airbags out.

We had a winter test base in Canada that we would send our fleet up to. Was great seeing the wild conditions you need to go through up there. Things like water freezing in your door locks.. We would put heaters in everything in the ice climate models. Door locks included. :d

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Mason,

Wake Up...

It's Christmas!

Merry Christmas

To All!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Chacha View Post
    Mason,

Wake Up...

It's Christmas!

Merry Christmas

To All!

Merry Christmas Chacha, Hannah (with 2 h's) everyone here and the Xuniverse as well.

Chacha I think I just saw Mason in Argon Prime in a shinny new Buster looks like he was heading out on an "Explore" so we may not "Hear" from him for a while yet... and the bugger didn't even wave when he went by...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Merry Christmas Chacha, Hannah (with 2 h's) everyone here and the Xuniverse as well.

Chacha I think I just saw Mason in Argon Prime in a shinny new Buster looks like he was heading out on an "Explore" so we may not "Hear" from him for a while yet... and the bugger didn't even wave when he went by...

hey Mike,

Merry Christmas to you as well! I hope you and your family have a great and beautiful Christmas!

Hannah with 2 hs is fast asleep!

Enjoy your game, Mason

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014

LOLOL....

He blew past me as well.. I think he was too busy looking at his panel trying to figure out how to pull up the landing gear and turn off the windshield wipers. :d

Mason,

Go to the nearest free argon station and get the SETA drive; use J key to activate it. Speeds things up for you. If you have enough money, get the engine tune also. Really makes a difference in speed.

Hundreds of jump gates.... Hundreds... lolololol...

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Having a good machine built for that kind of stuff is nice.

Years ago, testing for Range Rover, we took those poor things EVERYWHERE and through EVERYTHING...

We had a winter test base in Canada that we would send our fleet up to. Was great seeing the wild conditions you need to go through up there. Things like water freezing in your door locks.. We would put heaters in everything in the ice climate models. Door locks included. :d
    Bill
    Bill this was a few years ago but here are a couple of shots of the Trans Labrador Highway on March 31st, 2001 or 2002, it was a bit of a tough winter that year, a Range Rover was just the thing for that season...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

harleyman
    Hi All

Merry Christmas to you all.

I GOT THE GOLD VERSION.......Whatever that means..

may not get installed today..Still dealing with my friend thats loosing her mom, now heavily morphened out, and on a cayather(sp).not looking to good at all.

Am doing a power point slide show with music as a memorial that they needed help on..Will get it finished and burned to DVD then overnighted to them first thing Monday...

so this year all my attention is elsewhere ..Its really sad...Very sad I mean...

Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    Hi All

Merry Christmas to you all.

I GOT THE GOLD VERSION.......Whatever that means..

may not get installed today..Still dealing with my friend thats loosing her mom, now heavily morphened out, and on a cayather(sp).not looking to good at all.

Am doing a power point slide show with music as a memorial that they needed help on..Will get it finished and burned to DVD then overnighted to them first thing Monday...

so this year all my attention is elsewhere ..Its really sad...Very sad I mean...

Gold Version? Cool....

Sorry to hear about your friend's loss...

Now, that you have the much awaited X3, enjoy..... remember to read the instructions on how to play... or better yet, scroll up and read Mike's instructions, it is easier to understand....

Have fun....

Merry Christmas to All!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

harleyman
    OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It has instructions??? I was affraid of that....

Chacha...Wish that Hannah with two hs a Merry Christmas please just from me will ya?

Thanks

Have fun serving food today too..I think thats your plan

Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It has instructions??? I was affraid of that....

Chacha...Wish that Hannah with two hs a Merry Christmas please just from me will ya?

Thanks

Have fun serving food today too..I think thats your plan

Mason,

Yes it has instructions, do not be like me.... I don't read instructions at all... I learn the hard way, mess up... die, and it gets frustrating... I read a little bit and play again and die again..... :isadizzy:

Then I read Mikes simple instructions, it is not hard to learn, peanuts....

Mike explained it step by step.... better than the journal that comes with it.... :ernae:

Hannah with 2 hs said thank you, Mr Mason!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Merry Christmas Gang!

Mason, thats awesome of you to be doing that. This will be a jewel in your crown. You're a good guy. I still feel like she will be healed, that she will make it.

Eli, what are you and 'two H's' doing this morning? Serving food? Where and when? Its a long drive to Florida, but I could drive fast..

Mike, thats some deep snow man!!! Range Rovers arent going to help going over the top of it, lol... Down there with that small car, they would be fine. Theres hardly any of those things left around.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone! Gods blessings... Mason, when you get a chance to install it, please let us know. Ive been waiting for that moment for several weeks now. Your fault, lol.. .

Bill

Sorry to hear your friend's mom isn't doing well Mason. Our thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

Glad you got X3 Gold. But DO read everything you can on X3 and X3TC. It's the only way to go..... just jumping in will be like walking thru a dense fog.... or one of Mike's snow storms. LOL

And Mike.... that snow has only two ways to travel over it, unless you can swim thru it... snowshoes or a ski doo! Never had it that bad on the Cnadian border in NY where we lived.... and don't want it ever see it that way either. It's all yers. Eh!
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

OH GT that was just a little blow, we get stuff like that all the time, here are a couple of shots from the next year, these are in St. John's NL, I arrived the day before this storm hit and stayed for a week. The funny part is as bad as this storm was nothing closed down and very few folks were even late for work, those Newfies just take it in stride and "Get-er-done" truly amazing folks.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yer right Mike... up there they take it in stride as just another winter day.

Down here, things would be shut down til it melted. LOL I've never seen such a bunch of whinea#@s in all my life. Heck, even with 18's of snow on the ground we still went to school... BEFORE the roads were plowed. School would only close only if the buses couldn't get out of the bus garage. Or if visability was less than 100 feet. No joke.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.