A December to Remember: Screenshot Competition

Thread: A December to Remember: Screenshot Competition

A December to Remember: Screenshot Competition

December is a popular month for many reasons. While most known for the birth of Christ on 25th December, there was another birth that is far more recent.

On December 17th, 1903, aviation was born over a small field in Kill Devil Hills in North Carolina's Outer Banks. Orville and Wilbur Wright's motorized aircraft took off in the first powered flight in one of the most powerful few seconds of modern history.

Additionally, there is a much more sad date to remember: A date which Franklin Delano Roosevelt said would "live in infamy". On December 7, 1941, the United States suffered a heavy hit to it's naval and land based forces when attacked by 350 Japanese aircraft launched from a carrier task force off of the Hawaiian chain.

As a result, December's screenshot is a chance to remember important moments in aviation history. They can be old shots, modern aircraft, but should have SOME impact on the realm of aviation.

Due to the holidays, the screenshot competition will be running until 17 December, and then the final 5 will be selected for a popular vote, with the winner being announced on 24 December. Screenshots must not be edited or cropped. Winner will receive an F-16D Fighting Falcon pro series courtesy of IRIS Simulations.

So if your interested and are a forum member with fsxblueangels.com feel free to enter a shot. Our last two contest saw the winners get a brand new Track IR for the first one and the second one was a free CaptainSim product of their choice. Special thanks to IRIS Simulations for their continued support. Enter your pics here
    http://fsxproblueangels.com/phpBB3/v...d8c5331798cfae

December 17th, 1903 - Kill Devil Hills, NC

MCDesigns
    Neat idea, cool contest and great shot!

Thanks. I believe if you already have the F-16D from Iris we could get you one of your choice.

Hey, no fair picking on December 7! It's been a mighty fine day for me for nearly 46 years now.

This might be a stupid question, but does the screenshot have to depict an aviation milestone IN december, or does it just have to be an aviation milestone?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOptimist View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but does the screenshot have to depict an aviation milestone IN december, or does it just have to be an aviation milestone?

Not a stupid question at all. Its any historic Aviation scene you can do with in FSX. Maybe Bell X-1, Spirit St Louis etc. Have at it.

Well spotlope I would assume then I can say happy Birthday??????

I thought people liked free payware products.....lol

*Bump for you*

I'm sure you'll get some more entries. I'll enter one nearer the time.

Out of interest do you know what the theme for January will be and/or the sponsor?

I have a very exciting idea for a future screenie and I don't want to use it until there's a prize I really really really need! No offence to IRIS's products of course, I already own a few of them!

I'm not 100% sure yet as to which sponsor will be up for January but I will def keep you posted when I find out for sure.

i can't register on your forum because i can't type in the correct letters and numbers (jeez, i've tried over 10 times . shylok - can you help m e out getting registered on your forum?

Zorg please shoot the admin a email with your user name you want, email addy and he can set a basic password that you can change after loggingin. His email is Jimi@fsxblueangels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shylock View Post
    Zorg please shoot the admin a email with your user name you want, email addy and he can set a basic password that you can change after loggingin. His email is Jimi@fsxblueangels.com
    Thanks, I've sent an email to the admin.

Its seems its a problem with internet explorer. Everytime I log into the forums and make a post it says I have to sign in over and over again. I tried it using Google chrome and had no problems at all.

Members who have read this thread: 0