Quick Question re: Super Electra Interest

Thread: Quick Question re: Super Electra Interest

Quick Question re: Super Electra Interest

Hi;

I am about done with the first of my Super Electras, a transport of 267th Sqdn RAF that flew in North Africa. This will be released as a CFS2 model, multi-res, with breaking parts. All I have left to do is a little VC work (of which I am not very fond.) I figure I should be pretty well fed up with it in about a week, so I expect to release it in the timeframe of 10 days.

Now my question is this. I will probably do a few more Super Electras, all as airliners. Is there any interest in having any of these for CFS2, or should I just make them for FS9? Didn't know if anyone would be interested in an airliner in a combat flight sim, as it is not very often that, say, KLM or Northwest Airlines encountered flak or fighters.......

Paul

Hello!

I´m looking forward to the Super Electra!
    As far as I know, some KLM airliners got caught in the Japanese invasion of the East Indies, but I don´t know if they had any Super Electras there. The Dutch airforce had the larger L-18 Lodestar.
    Otherwise, I don´t think there were many airliners involved in combat.

Cheers

skylane

Hi Paul,
    I'm also looking forward to your Super Electra and I absolutely don't mind flying an airliner in CFS2, especially a prewar one. Actually I'd be delighted. Even more so if you were kind enough to spare some time to do one of the ten Super Electras delivered to the Polish LOT airline in 1938-39.

SP-BNE Lockheed 14-H Super Electra 1420 SP-BNE (G-AGAB) Polskie Linie Lotnicze (Lot) 19.03.38 Seized in Romania .39

SP-BNF Lockheed 14-H Super Electra 1421 SP-BNF G-AGBG SE-BTN Polskie Linie Lotnicze (Lot) 25.03.38 Escaped to UK 9.39

SP-BNG Lockheed 14-H Super Electra 1422 SP-BNG Polskie Linie Lotnicze (Lot) 04.04.38 Crashed Stulpica (Romania) 22.7.38

SP-BNH Lockheed 14-H Super Electra 1423 SP-BNH (G-AGAC) YR-BNH Polskie Linie Lotnicze (Lot) 04.04.38 Seized in Romania 1.9.39 Canc .53

SP-BNJ Lockheed 14-H Super Electra 1424 SP-BNJ Polskie Linie Lotnicze (Lot) 11.04.38 Crashed Bucharest 18.8.38

SP-BNK Lockheed 14-H Super Electra 1425 SP-BNK (re-registered SP-LMK) G-AGAV Polskie Linie Lotnicze (Lot) 12.05.38 Escaped to UK 21.9.39 [SP-BNK first?]

SP-BPK Lockheed 14-H2 Super Electra 1492 SP-BPK (G-AGAA) Polskie Linie Lotnicze (Lot) 20.03.39 Seized Romania 2.9.39 Crashed Bucharest 9.39

SP-BPL Lockheed 14-H2 Super Electra 1493 SP-BPL (G-AFZZ) YR-BPL Polskie Linie Lotnicze (Lot) 03.04.39 Seized Romania 6.9.39 Crashed Bucharest 24.7.40

SP-BPM Lockheed 14-H2 Super Electra 1494 SP-BPM Polskie Linie Lotnicze (Lot) 01.05.39 Escaped to UK 9.39 Destroyed in France 6.40

SP-BPN Lockheed 14-H2 Super Electra 1495 SP-BPN Polskie Linie Lotnicze (Lot) 02.05.39 Seized in Estonia .39 Crashed nr Riga 9.40

If I may I would like to suggest SPL-LMK (later SP-BNK) which in 1938 flew from California via South America and the Atlantic to Warsaw. As far as I know this was the first transatlantic delivery of a U.S. commerical aircraft to Europe by air. You'll find some more details here:
    http://www.edcoatescollection.com/ac...pe/SP-LMK.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockhee..._Super_Electra

The other option might be SP-BNF
    http://www.pme.org.pl/index.php?opti...=191&Itemid=42

What do you think?
    Anyway, any Electra will be in my hangar.
    Thanks for all your excellent aircraft.
    Regards
    Wojtek
    I'm afraid that I was very, very drunk.

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

A defiant "yes" from here Oldwheat did something with the "L-12 Netherlands East Indies Airforce at Andir, Java in 1940-41" I belive they where commercial models. Something to thing about

Thank you for your hard work on this project

OK I get a little nut's at times, please go and rummage about on this page I belive you will fined it "very interesting". http://www.adastron.com/lockheed/updates.htm

Skipsan

Paul,

I often use CFS 2 as a flight simulator, so civilian aircraft are sometimes seen on my screen. I wouldn't mind seeing an Electra or two.

I've never figured out the AI in FS 8 or FS 9, so I often use the MB in CFS 2 to program in lots of AI traffic around my airfields in CFS 2.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

About a month ago I made the mistake of tripping over the Cal Classics site and got hopelessly sidetracked converting models and textures of these great prop liners starting with the Boeing 247 up through the Connies.

Why not just fly them in FS9? Because I DON'T WANT TO! I'd be thrilled if you did the Super Electras in CFS2. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :ernae:

Airliners It Is Then....

Okay then, CFS2 airliners it is. I am a CFS2 modeler first and foremost, so that is where my focus is. I've agreed to make an FS9 version, mostly as a courtesy to that community (though I do have FS9 installed and even open it up from time to time.)

Yes, LOT is in my plans, though the first will be KLM. I've already begun to play with the current model to accommodate the belly lettering (I've attached a screenie.) The only obstacle to the LOT aircraft is that it was an "H" model (Hornet engine) and I have not yet completely resolved the issue of where the air intake was for the engine on that version. So far, I have resolved that it was on the inboard side of the nacelle, at and slightly below the wing junction, but so far no clear picture has presented itself. I've also attached a scan of an ad that shows these intakes on an early Lodestar (in its early version the Lodestar was very similar to the Super Electra) but this is the best I've got so far as to the look and shape of the intakes.

And yes, I am a rivet counter, but I also know when "enough is enough", so if I don't get what I want, I will just speculate and move on.

Do you have any details of the LOT aircraft? The only thing I have on them is a book "LOT: History Written in the Skies", which has about three good pictures, but little else (other than a few grainy pictures off the internet.)

For instance, the props on the LOT had interesting striping on them, but I have no idea what color they were.

Sorry, can get wound up, didn't mean to get so wordy. Yup, I'll do a few airliners for CFS2 then. Time for me to go back into my cave.....

Paul

SOH-CM-2017
    Blog Entries
    Of course there is also this usage for the Super Electra=

Rockster234

Lockheed Hudson/Super Electra........ya

Ya..........lockheed SuperElectra.........with camo........ya? ya......ya? ........ya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzlXP0KHB6g

And everytime you say Hudson..............you trigger...........

Captain of the Clouds.............oh no .....not that again.....ya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzlXP0KHB6g

Great youtube for vintage .................in color.......aircraft..........

cheezy love story and propaganda ..........but great color footage of planes of the period.........only movie to feature the Lockheed as main character.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPkFY...4EF7C&index=11

Ya........Lockheed Electra hard top in camo or bare metal.........good

Rockster234

Cool plane.........

I had to go again.........been about 9 month...........

Bare metal like the bottom profile shot of yours above.........you can see where they thought this plane was the future of aviation.................

Very forward thinking for the time.............considering 20 years early it was baling twine and cloth.......

Ok.........shuttin up here boss........all metal hard top

Super Electra in the world

Quote Originally Posted by pstrany View Post
    Hi;

I am about done with the first of my Super Electras, a transport of 267th Sqdn RAF that flew in North Africa. This will be released as a CFS2 model, multi-res, with breaking parts. All I have left to do is a little VC work (of which I am not very fond.) I figure I should be pretty well fed up with it in about a week, so I expect to release it in the timeframe of 10 days.

Now my question is this. I will probably do a few more Super Electras, all as airliners. Is there any interest in having any of these for CFS2, or should I just make them for FS9? Didn't know if anyone would be interested in an airliner in a combat flight sim, as it is not very often that, say, KLM or Northwest Airlines encountered flak or fighters.......

Paul
    super electras in the KNIL, civil Neederland ,Sud African , KI56 in Japan

Saburo Sakai...

restrained his guns at the last moment against a KNILM Super Electra full of civilians. He tought it was a military aircraft.

Now and then I put a FS2002 airliner in an ambush mission just to see her flame. Of course, you have to add a DP file from something else. So . . . why not upload it for those "what if" missions.

Hi Paul,
    It's great news that you have your sights on the LOT aircraft. And by the way, being a moderate rivet counter is a virtue

Yes, LOT is in my plans, though the first will be KLM. I've already begun to play with the current model to accommodate the belly lettering (I've attached a screenie.) The only obstacle to the LOT aircraft is that it was an "H" model (Hornet engine) and I have not yet completely resolved the issue of where the air intake was for the engine on that version. So far, I have resolved that it was on the inboard side of the nacelle, at and slightly below the wing junction, but so far no clear picture has presented itself. I've also attached a scan of an ad that shows these intakes on an early Lodestar (in its early version the Lodestar was very similar to the Super Electra) but this is the best I've got so far as to the look and shape of the intakes.
    None of the photos of the LOT Super Electras I've been able to dig up is likely to resolve the issue of the air intakes on the Hornet engines. The one attached below seems the closest to what you're looking for, but I can't help the impression that you've already posted it (or a very similar one) in one of the Hudson/Super Electra threads here at the sim-outhouse.

Do you have any details of the LOT aircraft? The only thing I have on them is a book "LOT: History Written in the Skies", which has about three good pictures, but little else (other than a few grainy pictures off the internet.)
    If you wish I can send you all the images I've got. Not too many and I'm sure you've seen some of them, but perhaps they will help.

For instance, the props on the LOT had interesting striping on them, but I have no idea what color they were.
    They were red and white which is hardly surprising . By the way it appears that (at least some of) the Polish Super Electras received glazed cockpit roofs (just like the Hudson) some time in the mid-1939 and when the war broke out had red and white stripes painted on wings and vertical stabilizers.

Cheers
    Wojtek
    I'm afraid that I was very, very drunk.

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

Go back to post #4 click on the link and page down to ELECTRA JUNIOR VH-HID - 15 JUN 2008 VH-HIDand you have a head on shot of the engines.

Lots of detail info in pic's there.

Skipsan

Rockster234

I am diggin this lockheed

I am having a great time with this lockheed at Gibraltar.........

I don't have all the addon's .......and still it looks great.......

This model puts my stuff to shame........flaps and all......

ok.........we know

Members who have read this thread: 2