Vanishing texture

Thread: Vanishing texture

Unhappy Vanishing texture

My Just Flight/Aeroplane Heaven Spitfires have lost their tyre textures. I know they used to show correctly. Can anyone suggest what I might have done and how to get them back? Would a reinstall of the addon package be the simplest solution?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    My Just Flight/Aeroplane Heaven Spitfires have lost their tyre textures. I know they used to show correctly. Can anyone suggest what I might have done and how to get them back? Would a reinstall of the addon package be the simplest solution?
    If it came in an installer, a re-install is probably the easiest way.

Otherwise, just browse through the zip file for the texture that's got the tires on it, and copy it into the texture folders.

As for how the original(s) went missing, your guess is as good as mine...

Hi dhasdell, not so long ago I lost all my textures for Piglet's T-33 without apparent reason, they reappeared after a defrag of the disk where FS2004 sits.

Maybe you can try a defrag before reinstallation and see what happen

Saludos

Thanks. I'll try a defrag first, and then a reinstall if necessary. Odd, isn't it?

Anime Adoring Aviator
    I have a few planes that lose part or all of their textures at dusk or at night. Something to do with how night lighting is set up I think. Do not know how it works so I have no idea how to fix it. The Bell 47 by Jean-Mermaz is a good example. At night it becomes completely grey.

Well it can be as simple as that:

The pooters are not perfect and from time to time made small mistakes reading and rewritting information, the only thing you need is that that small mistake is in the wrong place and then the pooter cannot find the file or does not recognize it.

If the computer does not recognize the file, numbers are you need to open it somehow and then close it, normally this is done right and the problem is sorted, if on the other hand you cannot open it, numbers are you'll have to replace it (the file, not the pooter!).

If the computer does not find the file, either it is not there (and you have to replace) or simply it as lost the adress, on defragging, all files in the computer are read and assigned new HD addresses and then the pooter can find them again. :isadizzy:

A bit long, but I hope it helps understanding the mental dwarfs (pooters ) that are our partners in crime.

Saludos

Thank you. I'd come across the night texture thing before and checked that it wasn't that. A defrag didn't help, but I've now reinstalled and it seems to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Alain_F355 View Post
    I have a few planes that lose part or all of their textures at dusk or at night. Something to do with how night lighting is set up I think. Do not know how it works so I have no idea how to fix it. The Bell 47 by Jean-Mermaz is a good example. At night it becomes completely grey.
    If this is what I think, it's an easy fix. I suspect that the model is set up to have night textures, but the paints don't include them.

Night textures can be as simple as a black square in any standard FS9 size. 128x128 pixels is fine. (They only get more complicated if you want to have things like lit windows, not required on an aircraft like the Bell 47.)

For every external texture in the paint folder, make a night texture by naming a black square with the same file name, with _l (that's an L, not a 1) tacked on at the end. (The l stands for "lightmap.")

That will keep your textures from disappearing at night.

Members who have read this thread: 0