FCS Lancaster DOWNLOAD - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FCS Lancaster DOWNLOAD

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    wish I was lol, I can only fly her from places like diego garcia where there is no land and endless sea lol, I was dying to take her to germany but looks like I'll have to wait until I get my new system!
    Sorry to hear that Peter. FsX seems to be about always chasing that next step up, lol.:isadizzy:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Yeah thanks Roger, I can still get a good taste of her though and some great shots too, Take a look.....

Just a shame I can't take her to Germany!

Hi All,

A small repaint: Gray exhaust stains on an older aircraft

Paul

Hello ftl818,

You read my mind , very authentic touch ! ......... are ya gonna share ??

If I can make a request,

My father's lancaster B1 had the "radar blind bombing system" on board . You could tell this a/c apart from the rest of the squadrons planes because they painted two yellow bands on the airplanes tail ...... pls pls .

Aircanuck

repaint

Hello Aircanuck,

This can be done but detailed pictures (B&W is OK) are needed!

I can send you the modified dds files.

Paul

Repaint

flt818,

I will dig thru my photos and post an example , cheers for now and thank you.

Aircanuck

Any news of a patch yet? I am still waiting to pick up my CD copy next week and it would rather nice for the patch to be available by the time I get it back here!

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    Any news of a patch yet? I am still waiting to pick up my CD copy next week and it would rather nice for the patch to be available by the time I get it back here!
    Some info here>>>

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=27140
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Lancaster CD is now available for US

Folks -

The Lancaster CD and/or download is now available for US purchase at the following link for $29.90 US.

http://www.pcaviator.com/shop/index.php

Boz

Has anyone also used the Aeroplane Heaven Lanc? How does the FCS offering compare?

I'd like to get this, but the AH version was pretty poor, especially in the VC.

Is this one aircraft model rather than the four that AH uses for different positions?

Also is the VC fully interactive?

Finally if the RealAir spit was a 10, how would you rate this Lanc?

appreciate your feedback

The AH Lanc was an Fs9 model whereas this is FsX Native. There are many screenshots in the thread and that's how the FCS model looks. I rate it very highly and that's all I can say really.
    SYSTEM :

Didn't quite escape.
    I don't do "scores", but I definitely like this pack. Thumbs up from here!

This is excellent, lovely textures, superb model. Bit shuddery on my single core, but not enough to spoil a pleasant flight

Suggestions from the update

After testing the BI and BIII models for some time now I have the following suggestions:

The flight model:
    The attitude of the fuselage during cruise is too nose-high. An increase in cruise lift will solve this. The behaviour at FL240 is underpowered, tweaking the FSX supercharging possibilities will help there.

The exterior model:
    Especially the early (1942, 44 squadron ) BI has a lot of errors:
    the propellor type is wrong: the needle type should be used not the later paddle type. The pitot is not the early longer type, the midupper turret was not yet equipped with the collar (can it be made transparent?), the antennae are wrong.
    But most annoying: viewed from the outside the exhaust anti-flame covers are missing while visible from the inside!? (solved by applying the BIII mdl file). Furthermore the markings appear to be white or very light grey but should be darker grey clearly different from the white in the roundels. Also the exhaust stains look too little and too dark. On most aircraft grey-white stains are visible indeed very strong and extending to the wing surfaces. Even on the present bbmf lancaster!
    All these findings have be identified by looking at wartime photo's.

The internal model:
    The night lighting is way to bright and should be RED! There are strong reflections on outside surfaces. The Lanc is now advertising itself with lights like in a greenhouse: come and shoot me please....

By using a different effect ( fx_vclight_red) a much more subtile effect is possible. The light effect is not emitting a concentrated light bundle but ambient light although lamps are 3D modelled. Therefore the vc light positions are irrelevant, reducing those and replacing them further down and on the central axis solves the outside reflections. Now all instrument are visible in a red glow and from the outside only the pilot is faintly illuminated in red.

Hope this helps with the coming update

Paul

Evidently the real Lanc cruised at altitude with a nose-up attitude. In the real Lanc some degree of flaps would put the nose down. This doesn't work in the model though.
    SYSTEM :

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the comments- I can't make any promises, but I have taken them all into consideration. If I get permission I shall act on all visual notes. Flight dynamics etc aren't handled by myself but I'm sure will be resolved if need be.

With a project of this size there are bound to be issues, especially minor inaccuracies. Minor to one may be major to another- I respect that. However with 10 models to work on, mistakes are inevitable, regardless of testing, knowledge or any other factor. I've studied the Lanc for years and have made two commercial models- still I didn't notice things.. It takes the time after release with more knowledgeable people flying the project to bring previously unseen considerations to light. For that I again thank you.

Weathering is a subjective thing at best and to change the colour is not as simple as it may sound. Furthermore is the issue that to 'just' change the colour, it'd require modifications to 24 maps per scheme; with ten schemes, that's 240 maps just to run the risk of someone else then saying the weathering isn't present enough, or is too light, etc. Texture mistakes are of course exemption and could/ should be resolved.

Best
    Dan.
    Forever lurking.

Good day fellow simmers,

Is there a simple tweak one can make in the cfg files to remove the "white lettering" on the a/c tire's ?

Cheers.
    Aircanuck

Hi Aircanuck,

Simple answer is no I'm afraid.

However I can modify the master, that'll do the trick. I'll get back to you via PM tonight.

Best
    Dan.
    Forever lurking.

update

Hi Dan,

Please don't get me wrong, this lancaster is by far the best ever produced for flightsimming. The attention to detail is simply breathtaking.
    I think that the BI and BIII models have been based on aircraft produced later in the war. This is reflected in the choice of the propellor and the deletion of the fuselage windows (BI). I can very well appreciate the choice not to pursue all possible lancaster varieties, but why then the representation of an early 1942 Augsburg raid lanc?

The modifications to the flightmodel and lighting have already been made, and also same texture modifications have been made (exhaust stains, fully black spinners and propellor blades, dark earth differences on the engine cowlings, differences in the black on the rear and forward fuselage sections and darker grey markings on KM-C. All quite simple done by tuning and adding extra paint layers.

I would be more then happy to share my (for now private) alterations to the model. Next repaint will be LS-C/ME844 summer 1944 with extensive exhaust stains.

Good luck with the update,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Certainly not taking any comments wrong- they are all very helpful and will be acted upon!

Textures- easy enough to modify for one, but for the 240 maps that need editing it'd take a lot of time: time better spent chasing any other issues first.

I am very keen to make the BI and BIII accurate (as well as delete the guns on the MR, etc). I think the little (or subtle, rather) changes will bring a greater product to the table.

:ernae:
    Forever lurking.

Hi chaps,

Tyres without the white Dunlop text are attached.

Either install the FSX textures to the 'texture' directory, or to each folder individually as required.

The FS9 texture should be installed to each folder individually as required.

FSX zip has both main and specular textures. FS9 only has the main texture.

Best
    Dan.
    Forever lurking.

Canadian MR screenshots...

Can someone please post a few RCAF MR screenshots (white top, red and white lightning bolt) from different angles? This baby looks GREAT!

Kent

Dan,

Your constant attention too our requests however large or small is greatly appreciated, nothing wrong with those tires now

Its because of you my friend ( if I may ) I went out and purchased the CH Products Throttle Quadrant to give me that four engine control I've been looking for ........ "wow".

Now how bout a Stirling !!

Cheers
    Aircanuck

Ok Dan,

Just give a shout if you need any help! And Aircanuck: now we are asking (too much?) but that would be great and how about the halifax? It seems that first class simulations is now our only hope for really good WWII RAF aircraft. A2A was good but shifted it's attention to american aircraft only?

Paul

Thanks chaps!

:ernae:
    Forever lurking.

Members who have read this thread: 8