IRIS christen eagle FDE problems ??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRIS christen eagle FDE problems ??

No longer active

IRIS christen eagle FDE problems ??

Hi folks,

Still not decided if I should go for the Eagle. So I read the new review at flightsim and the senior reviewer mentioned that it was not possible to perform a loop!?! Neither from level flight nor from a shallow dive.
    This sounds really strange to me...

Regards

Bernt

To loop one simply flies straight and level, and assuming sufficient airspeed it is simply a case of pulling back on the stick. One will notice the horizon vanish, only to reappear at the top of ones vision. Continuous pressure on said stick will quickly result in everything turning from blue to green. It is imperative that you do not release pressure on the stick or you and your aircraft will surely meet with an untimely demise! When the sky and ground are once again returned to normal, i.e with the ground beneath the sky at roughly the centre of your vision then you have completed your loop. Fly home for tea and medals.

Okay, so, sarcasm aside, it loops just fine. Just to check I fired up a quick flight, default weights, CTRL+E to start, and was able to loop after a few seconds of level flying once the wheels left the ground. Obviously it's even easier with more airspeed.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

tigisfat
    There are many 'expert' pilots who have failed to get perfectly fine FS products to perform maneuvers they are perfectly capable of. The natural machismo response is to accuse the FDE of being wrong.

The IRIS eagle is one of only two worthwhile aerobatic planes (FDEwise). The other is piglet's freeware Zlin 50l.

If you can handle the drop in fram rates, the IRIS eagle is worth it.

No longer active
    Chris,

>It is imperative that you do not release pressure on the stick

Well, if you don't release some of the pressure near the top it will not be a round loop
    But I don't understand how a 'senior' reviewer can have so little knowledge/ability....

tigisfat,

>If you can handle the drop in fram rates, the IRIS eagle is worth it.

Thanx for the warning. I have slight framerate problems with all my IRIS planes, and I'm surprised that the really basic Eagle also suffers from those!
    So I'll skip that one. Especially for aerobatics a plane with a very high framerate is essential IMHO.

Regards

Bernt

Quote Originally Posted by sg38 View Post
    tigisfat,

>If you can handle the drop in fram rates, the IRIS eagle is worth it.

Thanx for the warning. I have slight framerate problems with all my IRIS planes, and I'm surprised that the really basic Eagle also suffers from those!
    So I'll skip that one. Especially for aerobatics a plane with a very high framerate is essential IMHO.
    i think you misunderstand. the hit isn't that bad. i have it, and i garanteee i have the weakest computer on this forum. i do see a hit compared to default stuff, but not that bad. no other plane i have ever flown does what this one does. if you don't get it, you'll be missing out. it's not like your talking about a big chunk of $$ at risk as is the case with some payware. if you get it and don't like it, you haven't paid much for it, and no matter what, it is still flyable. you just might not see your max frame count with it.

Hi.

I have the CEII, and neither on my machine, the frame rate does'nt drop.
    And about the aerobatics, you can do loop of coarse, also in inverted too with the passenger on board in front of the pilot.

Try it out, it is a good add on for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sg38 View Post
    . . . .So I read the new review at flightsim and the senior reviewer mentioned that it was not possible to perform a loop!?! Neither from level flight nor from a shallow dive.
    This sounds really strange to me...
    Yea, it should sound strange. . . .especially when it sounds like the loop, the most basic of all aerobatic maneuvers, was the only one he couldn't perform, lol. He also mentioned that one of the things he found most bothersome was having to pan and zoom inside the VC (he wanted a 2D panel w/popups). Well, isn't that what aerobatic pilots do, they visually pan and zoom the cockpit for references while performing?

He may be well versed in some areas, but he chose to review an airplane he had no knowledge of and then made observations that showed that lack of understanding.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I just purchased this also. It does not impact my frame rates at all. The problem I am having, is that only once have I heard the "sonic" prop sound that was so prevalant in the promo demo, and that was just for a second or two in tower view. Dropped support an email and also on the forum board. Saw others having the same problem.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

tigisfat
    Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    I just purchased this also. It does not impact my frame rates at all. The problem I am having, is that only once have I heard the "sonic" prop sound that was so prevalant in the promo demo, and that was just for a second or two in tower view. Dropped support an email and also on the forum board. Saw others having the same problem.
    The sound isn't supposed to be on all the time. It's only on at certain angles from the aircraft, like it should be and is in real life. Look up videos shot from the ground of snap rolls or tumbles. You get the same effect.

The IRIS sound effects are just fine, and they add a depth not before seen.

No longer active
    I remember a strange thread where even IRIS admitted that there's a serious sound bug (concerning the supersonic noise I assume) but they won't tell because not all customers notice it....?!?

Regards

Bernt

Check their forum, the guy before me asked the same question and the tread was locked. I asked it and they wanted my purchase info before giving service. Problem is tigisfat, you may know the sonic sound is only availabel from the ground, occasionally, I did not. They advertised it as a big thing. The demo showed this with the sound almost constantly on, so one that (did not know better as you obviously do) would expect the sound to be there when doing manuvers. This sound help set it apart from others, unique. Paid alot for nothing much. The 300 works well, not as advanced, maybe for a "pro" but certainly not for entertainment purposes. If this was only an occasional sound effect it should not have been played up so big in the demo, and said it would only be heard from the ground, of which I very rarely ever use this view. Comes down to what you expect from advertisers, I had heard that Iris always had good sound files. Perhaps this is a bug, or the demo was edited. I just want what was shown or a refund. Simple as that. Not to much to expect
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker

tigisfat
    ..... Problem is tigisfat, you may know the sonic sound is only availabel from the ground, occasionally, I did not. They advertised it as a big thing. The demo showed this with the sound almost constantly on, so one that (did not know better as you obviously do) would expect the sound to be there when doing manuvers. ......
    It's not only on from the ground, it's only on from certain angles, just like in real life. The first 15 seconds of this video illustrate what IRIS achieved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw-rwbnCIQY

I hope this helps you understand a little better.

The error he's talking about is not one anybody in this thread has hit on.

Thank you for the video. It does show the original posters issue, it also shows my view that the sound will manuvering is totally different from what is actually present with the Christen eagle sim plane. This is the sound I was after, this is the sound on their demo. That is all I was wanting.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

Hi,dharris!
    On my system it is the typical "FSX-sound-bug", that other members also experience: when cycling through the views and coming from VC to outside spotview, I have one some planes the idlesound mixed in. The only thing that helps is pushing back the throttle to idle and rev again.
    Same procedure with the Iris Eagle: sonicsond is gone - push back the throttle and rev again + don`t fly with low probrevs...

Cheers, Thilo

tigisfat
    Thank you for the video. It does show the original posters issue,....
    ??? The original poster said they were worried that the IRIS couldn't be looped, which we know isn't true. The OP said nothing about sounds.

it also shows my view that the sound will manuvering is totally different from what is actually present with the Christen eagle sim plane. This is the sound I was after, this is the sound on their demo. That is all I was wanting.
    This sound will not be heard inside a real aerobatic aircraft, and such, it won't be heard inside the IRIS eagle.

Can you link to the demo and explain exactly which part you don't like? I thought I did, but I don't think I understand what you're getting at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_iP6...layer_embedded this is the 4 min video promo that I watched and drew from it that the sounds were prevelant from the outside view when doing aerobatics. You can see at time 2:25 and 3:50 in the video that this is not tower view but shot from altitude. If mine sounded like this form external view, I would think I got a very good deal. Without this, it is only average and would ask for a refund. This video is what I expected to receive, it is not what I have. Thank you for your time in this , and forgive me if I have hijacked an other wise informative post
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

tigisfat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_iP6...layer_embedded this is the 4 min video promo that I watched and drew from it that the sounds were prevelant from the outside view when doing aerobatics. You can see at time 2:25 and 3:50 in the video that this is not tower view but shot from altitude. If mine sounded like this form external view, I would think I got a very good deal. Without this, it is only average and would ask for a refund. This video is what I expected to receive, it is not what I have. Thank you for your time in this , and forgive me if I have hijacked an other wise informative post

I just watched your video, and the IRIS eagle actually sounds better than that on my computer. The effect is inconsistent in that video. It's not when you actually get it.

Ahem... those shots I took of the plane for the demo video actually were recorded in game and unaltered. They were also shot at altitude from the pass view, NOT the Tower View. The sound recording is perfectly fine within the restrictions of FS, and to be honest is a MAJOR first for the simulation. I, even though I have a dog in the fight but did not formally work on the development of this product find it a little strange of the crazy accusations that people are putting out about this plane.

Can't loop? Sound isn't right?

What's next? To be perfectly honest, I think the problem that most people have is "perceived," or rather the placebo effect.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

Having been around the flights sim world since fs4 I have some finese at these things. I am glad that what I saw was the real deal. Unfortunately, that is not what appears on my pc. If it were there would be no problem for me. The sound effects were what sealed the deal for me. The video was well done and was quite enjoyable. NO discredit for you. I just want the same effects for myself after purchasing this. If you are saying I don't know how to configure the game,system or whatever then that is another matter
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

In order for me to get those sounds, you have the aircraft moving about it's axis in relation to the position of the camera. In the film, the easiest way for me to accomplish this was to simply input full aileron deflection and elevator deflection. As the aircraft tumbled about, the audio simply took care of the rest. If it is not doing this for you, then there is a problem.

Strange to see this still causing issues... The IRIS Eagle doesn't need re-configuring.

The supersonic tip sound is audible in normal exterior view 8 degrees either side of the prop disc. You can even edit that in the sound.cfg to a wider angle. It would sound awful, but then hey, you want to hear the supersonic sound from odd angles, then hey, feel free

You can even make it audible from the inside - OK, it would be wrong, but then again... if you want it that way, go ahead.

The sounds in the demo films are pretty good and fairly realistic. Go to youtube and watch the aerobatic videos taken from the ground of a real Eagle - you'll hear the same. No, I shan't post a link - there's enough to be found.

Loop? Anything above 138 Kts straight and level and she'll go over the top quite nicely - even with pax.

Remove the gal and the luggage, defuel to display weight (50% ish fuel) and the darn thing will sit up and beg, roll over, point, speak, fetch... and just about do anything an aerobatic plane should do. Go for the 320 HP version and you'll even get pretty damn good Lomcevoks out of the beast.

All straight out of the box. No tweaking and on an older PC. 60+ FPS in a clean install FSX to SP2, 25 plus with about 200GB of addons (all sliders high to max). If you want to fly aeros, then all you need do is pull back the sliders. In my "full" FSX config with all the sceneries, she'll produce 40+ FPS with the sliders predominantly left and no traffic.

My PC is based on a three and a half y.o. AMD FX62 chip / nVidia 8800 GTS on two monitors (24" and 19")

I expect that next year's sim aerobatic world champs will go to an Iris Eagle. Hell, even I can do great eight pointers in her, just guess what a good peelow will do?
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

Thank you for your input, this may help Iris to troubleshoot the problem. Would like to keep this plane but not paying $35 us for something less than advertised. Thanks again.
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

Hmmm, with 4.3 GHz and those peripherals, you'll be cooking!

I am only on 2.8 GHz and only 4 GB DDR2 800 GHz RAM

If folk are getting less than advertised I will seriously dare you to check your computers and installed software. Sorry, this is one time I must support the claims and say the plane performs as described.
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

My pc specs
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R, Intel Core2Duo 333 MHZ E8600 Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler
    4 GB G-Skill F2-8500CL5, EVGA GTX 260
    Mushkin 580 watt quad rail power supply, RaidMax Smilodon case with 3 fans
    WD Veloraptor drive 150gb for FSX alone. 2 Seagate 160gb and one 320gb drive
    WinXP Pro Sp3
    Win XP 64
    The raptor drive is accesible to both 32 bit sytem and 64 bit system. Only thing on 64 bit system is the operation system. Both fly about the same. Fsx, fex, gex, fsgenisi mesh and landclass. Runs fsx great. locked framesat 50 most sliders full left, except traffic, at 54 percent. Frames depending on scenery type, photo or default runs from 32 to 50, used Nick Needhams setup for fsx and windows.Using Nhancer. Took Ted's advice to get Raptor and 260 gtx video card, excellent advice by the way. I checked another site that sells this and it alluded to a patch in the install location... this form flightsimstore.com........If you are running SP1 or SP2, a patch in your Microsoft Flight Simulator X/IRIS Pro Series folder is required to be run AFTER installing this product. sent this to tech support
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

2T Storage HD

dell dimension 2400
    2.8 ghz p4
    2G ram
    nvidea geforce fx5500 (pci slot)
    on-board sound
    17" monitor
    no tweaks or overclocking

and it's still flyable for me. maybe not as smooth as default, but if i can fly it anyone should be able to.

Members who have read this thread: 0