MAAM Sim DC3

Thread: MAAM Sim DC3

MAAM Sim DC3

Been looking at the MAAM Sim DC3. Quick question, is the VC clickable? Or, do I have to fly with pop-ups opened in my second moniter. Was not made clear to me on thier site. But thats just me. And I know we have some MAAM Sim DC3 fans here.

Thank you.
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

vc=extremely clickable. you will enjoy it mate.

What bpfowler said...^
    |

I really enjoy mine. :ernae:

Duckie
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Only DC-3 I touch in this sim!!!!!
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

What they said... great a/c. :ernae:

--WH

Well, to be fair...although the base MAAM R4D-6/DC-3 does not have a clickable VC, the C-47/Dakota expansion packs they released actually do have some clickable switches...mostly lights and avionics. Regardless, you won't find a finer DC-3 set out there. The VC is still astounding, and it's always nice to know your money is going towards supporting our hobby AND supporting the actual museum and aircraft.

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=102513

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=89620

Charter Member 2012
    It's simply the DC-3 for FS. Nothing else comes close.
    Sidney Schwartz
    KPDX

SOH-CM-2020
    I agree with all of the above

Pete.

What else could I say?

The MAAM Goon sure is the 'mother of all Dakotas', and this VC might be its father!
    Don't mind the loosely attached AP and radio section - they are just tinkered in by me...
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Nothing else comes close to the way the MAAM-Sim DC-3/C-47/R4D flies, feels, sounds and purportedly represents the aircraft that's modelled. And then, when you add-in Wild Bill's superb paints, as well as the many others who've done skins for this package of birds, well it all adds-up to a majestic combination.

It's the one aircraft that causes me to suffer withdrawal symptoms if I don't get to fly it at least weekly (and weakly?).
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

I had a friend here last night. He was mentioning that his grandfather flew the Hump, and talked about it all the time. His grandson (my friend) said he'd like to get his grandfather a model of it for Christmas this year. Anyway, when my friend arrived at my house last night, I was flying in ACOF. He sat down next to me and watched. Asking all sorts of questions. That's when he mentioned his grandfather flying the C-47...the Hump back in 1946 (I think) Anyway, he asked if there was a C-47 for the flight simulator. I said....let's find out. I did a search and came upon the MAAM DC-3/C-47. That's when my friends eyes lit up. From there, I was ejected from my keyboard and he took over. He was amazed at what he saw, and read in the realism of the bird that was available to enjoy the way we do. (of course I don't have it)

By the time the evening was over, and he and his wife were getting ready to leave, the C-47 was all he could concentrate on. I think I know what his grandfather will be getting this year for Xmas

OK, I'm back. I'm getting the picture that this one is "must have" add-on. Especially if you like real planes with real engines. I did some more digging on the VC. I'll have to have to have at least the throttle quadrant open on my second monitor. Heck, the pop up are so nice I might run 4 open at a time.
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

This is one of my all time favouries, it is worth getting all three MAAM FS9 aircraft.

If I remeber correcly these were some more patches coming for the MAAM craft. Especially one for the Turkey, or am I mistaken.

Regards MarkL

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I had a friend here last night. He was mentioning that his grandfather flew the Hump . . . .
    Well, there's possibly a bit more to his for his grandfather.

DC-3 Airways (or DCA), to which I belong, flies mainly the DC-3/C-47, as you can figure from the name. Of the many, many flight packages that can be downloaded and flown at DCA, one of the larger, and more developed packages is the one entitled "Flying The Hump". It involves a complete package of maps, flight plans, and navaids as they existed back in the time.

It's one of the biggies, at DCA, and I intend to get flying the varous Hump routes very soon. But first, I have to get past the two Charters that I'm currently flying for DCA.

Good company (the people at DCA); good aircraft (the MAAM-Sim C-47); and excellent route packages. What more could an enterprising v/pilot want?

http://www.dc3airways.com/index.htm
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

This is definately a "must buy" addon, it's simply wonderful!!
    PJ
    www.uk-warbirds.net Historic flying in the UK

Members who have read this thread: 0