X3 Patrol Logs - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: X3 Patrol Logs

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hey all,

Tonight was just going to be exploring, fixing up ships, making sure all freighters were running properly, etc. Tinkered with guns layouts and figured out how to set guns to diff selection centers, etc...

Then decided to explore and look for gates I may have missed. While out in a small fighter, I get this message from a girl in trouble, female alien. I have heard this woman's distress calls many times, but always in the middle of fighting Xenon. This time, nothing was going on, so I interact with her. I am told to go rescue her friends at a certain Xenon Core...

It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite an adventure. I will say no more. I did take some screenshots though as well as some screenshots before I found this adventure mission...

Bill
    That is an awsome mission Bill, I have flown it myself and I believe I posted a couple of shots in one of the threads, the Xenon Hub is pretty amazing and one huge piece of concetruction it is basically a full sector inside a ship, the only way out of the hub is through a jumpgate. I must go back and look I think I posted an after action report on that mission, I know it was a long one and I was not able to complete the final section where I had to tkae the friend to see the ship, I got them there but nothing would happen when I arrived...weird.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    That is an awsome mission Bill, I have flown it myself and I believe I posted a couple of shots in one of the threads, the Xenon Hub is pretty amazing and one huge piece of concetruction it is basically a full sector inside a ship, the only way out of the hub is through a jumpgate. I must go back and look I think I posted an after action report on that mission, I know it was a long one and I was not able to complete the final section where I had to tkae the friend to see the ship, I got them there but nothing would happen when I arrived...weird.
    Hey Mike,

Roger that. I got the friend there, then found I have to go get some computer parts from somewhere and return so the person can get into the system and into the ship structure. It was 2:38AM last night.. Couldnt go on any farther. So maybe tonight, late, I will try to get some chips to the alien waiting for me there. :d

Wild man.. Absolutely wild..

So this must be how you get to the seperated Kha-Ahk sectors. One must enter a game scenario which triggers and unhides a Gate to those sectors (or something). I would have never found that darn hub. That was brilliant. The first thing I thought of was the DisonSphere in Star Trek. Huge thing inside. Having to dogfight Xenon in there was tricky, but never hit the walls one time. :d

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    Dec25_2009_AlfaDelta

<-- walks down the last ilseway tunnel ramp to the South East docking arms and boards Nemesis number zero six. I hit the automated airlock 'seal up' command and the hatches come to life and slam into place, locking servos singing as they push clamps and pins into place.

Down the main corridor, through the central dual level war room, forward to the Bridge, top level to the Helms station. "Number One, everyone aboard?" "Yes sir" he says, smiling and ready to go. He fills me in on the latest updates to the computers and guidence systems which we had modified in the our last return. We had some run-ins with the Xenon quite a bit in the secret, antique Xenon Hub station and I wanted to be able to make hyper jumps back to that same location in case we can find a use for it in the near future.

"Number One, take us out." Number One looks at the helm and camly, like a doctors voice, tells the helmsman; "Helm, engines to zero, maneuvering thrusters online. Docking clamps detach! Down thrusters 20 meters.. Good.. Rotate the ship, down bow 90 degrees, slow flight at 200 KPH". We begin to accelerate, the stars outside the huge solid metal windows rotating as we nose down to pull away from headquarters. Off we go. Accelleration barely perceptible because of the unique gravity induced caccoon of the inertial dampening fields.

Off into the darkness of space we go, into a clearing in our sector where we can make a hyper jump away from the trading lanes where we will leave this side of our known world and enter a totally different, radical and quite alien world and search for our next adventure..........

:d

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

I took out a Q with my Skate after my unleashed dog got vaporized while I was visiting the shipyard.
    If only that Q was going after the shipyard, I might have let it do it's thing.

So I took out the Q by zipping in with missiles unloading then got right under that beast, real close. I used the strafe controls to stay right on that spot where the big guns couldn't reach and kept blasting it until, BOOOOOOOM. It only took me two times.

By all the debris that was around I guess I got there after the cops and their fighters were all taken out. I know I couldn't do that with any fighters around.
    That is my first big ship that I have taken out since I reloaded everything, I'm kind of psyched. :mixedsmi:

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I took out a Q with my Skate after my unleashed dog got vaporized while I was visiting the shipyard.
    If only that Q was going after the shipyard, I might have let it do it's thing.

So I took out the Q by zipping in with missiles unloading then got right under that beast, real close. I used the strafe controls to stay right on that spot where the big guns couldn't reach and kept blasting it until, BOOOOOOOM. It only took me two times.

By all the debris that was around I guess I got there after the cops and their fighters were all taken out. I know I couldn't do that with any fighters around.
    That is my first big ship that I have taken out since I reloaded everything, I'm kind of psyched. :mixedsmi:

Thats awesome Marlin.

Thats a pretty dang difficult ship to take down. I'll have to remember that about strafing. I wonder if one could tie in hot keys to strafing?

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    DEC26_2009_AlfaDelta

Decided to go out and make some money doing side jobs with stations advertising work. Mostly hauling people or hauling small 'expensive' shipments of supplies.

I took number zero six Nemesis and didnt have alot of room.

Found a freighter of mine just sitting at a station.. Must have forgotten him. Got the craft back into service doing Universal Trading.

Then, found I had a Boron Thresher sitting at another station. I was supposed to bring it to a station, but its so huge, it wouldnt dock at the station, so I parked it at the local equipment dock which has extra huge docks and aborted the mission. The ship had stayed in my ownership, but about 12 Argon police ships surrounded it. I thought, what will happen if I command the ship to leave the sector. It had no shields and 2/3rds hull left. They took that baby apart in no time.. grim.. Oh well..

Raised about 11 Million in side jobs funds.. Not bad. :d

Last night, I found out that you can re-enter the atmosphere in the sector Split Fire. Just make sure you save your game before going in for the burn...

Bill

Well, I was able to complete the mission I started in my last log post. I will not post too many details since this is part of the main plot line, but suffice it to say that many Xenon went both Ns and Ls! My fighter rank has been upped to "Professional" and I am now a Terran Senatorial Advisor, or somesuch. In recognition of my services, the Terrans have bequeathed a brand new Rapier. Since it's not fully equipped, I may trade it in on something else...

I let my freighters go idle at various stations while I was engaged in hostile action, so I need to get them back to making some $$$.

This particular part of the plotline took me to Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Pluto. Very neat to see some planets I know...
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    DEC27_09_AlfaDelta

Tonight, I was in a feisty mood. I felt the need to take my fave Nemesis into Xenon territory and kick some boo tay..

Unfortunately, they had the same thoughts about me..

I think I was shot down and blown up and wiped out and disintegrated about 10 or 12 times. It was a rush each and every time though.

It was me against one Q and one J. (The J is the huge hanger ship, fighter cloner).

I did put a small divot in his shields. :d

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Couldnt sleep.. Went out for some more. This time I decided to go around doing odd jobs and people hauling. I found some Xenon fighters attacking a big Capital ship, so I went in to the rescue. Cleaned their clocks.. Did some more hauling, and then found some pirates attacking some shipping.. Cleaned their clocks.. However, on the last one, he literally bailed out. I saw the space suit icon and his ship turned green, lololol... Havent seen that happen before.

I called my Boa to our location, picked it up, and returned it to my HQ station. I'll fix it up later.

Goodness, lolol...

Saved some lives, and made money in between... :d

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    DEC28_09_AD

First run tonight.

Decided to do some commerce runs, looking for personnel transport jobs and small specialty cargo runs. Did quite well. I 'think' I made nearly 10,000,000 tonight in credits, aside from one mistake, I clicked one to many times on a job and I ended up buying blueprints for a ship I already have.. arrgh.. So I had to make another million to counter that loss..

Good fun.

Showing my present funds status; HQ account, and my own personal account. I do not know why a station HQ account is seperate from me, but it is..

Total earnings so far; 322,607,569 credits..

Hmm.. I can finally afford that eyebrow gray hair transplant... No more HUGE gristly, gigantic, monstrous, scraggly, krinkly, brittle eyebrow stickers coming out of my forehead... I'll have young, supple, unstressed, eager, relaxed, happy eyebrows once again!!!

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    DEC29_09AlfaDelta

Traversing the South Central sectors and found myself in a Xenon sector, 347. Located a Q ship, alone from stations and fighters. Ship was attacking freighters going through the sector.

I returned to base to get Nemesis zero six. Activated ships/crews for the other 3 Nemesis ships at HQ and followed pursuit to Xenon sector 347. Attacked the Q.

Grim................

Upon dying about the 7th time, with usually most of the Nemesis ships already having been taken down by said Q ship, I decided a final stand against them with me in a small fighter, and called in the Tokyo, dispatched its onboard wing, and fought with the fighters against the small enemy fighters.

Died again.

Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! Really gets the blood going..

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    JAN01_2010_AlfaDelta

Nothing but running people around and hauling small special freight jobs. made about 12 to 14 million. :d

Took down 3 pirates in the mean time.

I found that some planets where you appear to be in very low orbit, do have the 'atmosphere barrier' in it. To test this, go to Kingdom End, and fly straight at the planet in SETA engine mode. Hit your breaks as soon as you get the 'hitting atmosphere' warning.

Bill

Star Date 764/11/01... [a total restart from scratch]

Got all gussied up with my little hotrod and headed out to CloudBase SW after a call for help. I nailed one Ka and got a medal. LOL Heading back I received another call for help and I'm on my way to see if I can get lucky again. I did buy the Jump Drive and 11 Mosquito missles. Can't hit squat with the missles yet but I'm working on that. Haven't seen any ships yet to claim, not even that elusive Firefly. Tho as soon as I can I'm off to the Boron Sector to look for it.

Live long and prosper.... so say we all. :salute:
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

I had a dream about flying my spaceship into the orbit of some planet last night. Wow very cool.

Lionheart, you WILL score more Qs in the future, I can smell their fear of you. :mixedsmi::mixedsmi:

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Star Date 764/11/01... [a total restart from scratch]

Got all gussied up with my little hotrod and headed out to CloudBase SW after a call for help. I nailed one Ka and got a medal. LOL Heading back I received another call for help and I'm on my way to see if I can get lucky again. I did buy the Jump Drive and 11 Mosquito missles. Can't hit squat with the missles yet but I'm working on that. Haven't seen any ships yet to claim, not even that elusive Firefly. Tho as soon as I can I'm off to the Boron Sector to look for it.

Live long and prosper.... so say we all. :salute:

Hey Gary,

Make sure that when you fire missles, that you have the ship targeted and its in front of you.

I found the Mosquito missles to be useless unless you have brought down their shields sufficiently. Then the missles hit the hull pretty good. But until you get he shields down, they are useless. (Thats what I found). There are some bad butt missles out there, but some are so lethal that they will blow you up if you are anywhere near them. The Hammerhead for instance. its slow, but hillariously powerful. When it goes off, if there are ships surrounding it, it takes them out as well, and you if you are under something like 20 clicks distance.. lol..

Marlin,

Thanks for that. Lets hope so.. I do keep showing up, but man, they just keep hammering me... arrghh..

Bill

Yeah bill, I figured they were kinda useless, but seeing that's all I could buy at the time I figured I'd learn a little trying them out. At least I know how to load them up now and target with them.... practice helps they say. LOL Still have 8 left of the 11 I bought. Might sell them if I can and get something better.

I'm trying to find the group of fighters that called me back to Home of Light to give them a hand, but it seems they've gone off someplace else. And I've no idea where to. I was hoping to get a shot at more Ka to get rated at somethingf better than a Nuisance. LOL So until I find the fighters I've been buying and selling Cloth Rimes to get some credits back. I've got to get the Best Buy and Sell software asap and need the credits for that.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    JAN01_2010_AlfaDelta

This evening, I needed to vent some energy and went into the Xenon sectors.

I ended up finding a band of Xenon raiders going through Getzu Fune', so I was off to attack. Several (5) fighters and one Q heavy cruiser. I was in my Nemesis and after a few passes, found myself drained on shields.. I warped away, and returned when shields were back up. Unfortunately, the Q's shields were back up also. This continues until I ram the Q by mistake.

This occurs about 5 times.

I finally decide to bring in the Tokyo, right when I am at 5% shields.. I warp to the docks at Ceo's Buckzoid, dock, transfer to the Tokyo, and warp back to Getzu Fune'. The Q is sitting there attacking more shipping as its waiting for my inevitable return. I dispatch my 4 fighter 'Blue Wing' after 'all' fighters. I go after the Q in the Tokyo.

Oddly, I have no forward guns.. Only turrets which are pre-programmed. arrgh... I am figuring things out, trying to launch rockets, etc, nothing happening. I engage auto-pilot/attack target, and what happens.. The tokyo drives right through the Q.

silence... grim..

It did blow up the Q, but it destroyed the Tokyo.

So, back I go in time, (scene from Space Quest, end, emergency back in time machine), and I am back into Getzu fune' in the Tokyo again, bearing down on the Q, loading my missles, checking turret assignments, and dispatching the blue squadron wing.

Off they go, all 4 fighters. I bring the Tokyo alongside the Q broadsides and let the turrets have fun. Before I know it, on pass number two, when I am almost upon the Q, she ignites like a star going super nova. My room lights up like a welding shop due to the Apple high output monitor. My eyes dialate. Junior wakes out of his puppie slumber to bear witness to a Q ship going up into adams...

One monster is taken out of the galaxy equasion. One less goon to torment people and more ships will get to their destinations..

I continue at slow attack speed past the blast site.. debris everywhere.. I am in shock. Its done....

I call back the Blue Wing. Only 2 ships left. Grim...

They are secured in the hanger disc section, and I give the command to do a hyper jump to Argon Prime. There, I will load all the small fighters I have been collecting on journeys through fights and bargains. I gather up enough to make 5 ships total in Blue Wing, and start Red Wing and place 4 birds in there. They are boarded onto the Tokyo and I return it to her sleeping births at Ceos Buckzoid.

I get into the battle ridden Nemesis, and hyper jump back to Argon Prime for head quarters. Upon debarkation, I assign the Nemesis to 'repair qeue' and it is put into the shops for repairs. A LOT of damage.. Bairly made it back.

Wheww... Time for a glass of Terran grapes!

Bill

OUTSTANDING! I knew you could do it. :salute:
    Thanks for the detailed description of tactics and whatnot.
    Now I have to go and fly a couple of more missions and see it I can find the best buy/sell software and get a hand full of them.

WTG Bill, you are "takin it to them"! BTW have you ever tried the Heavy Nemesis? I came across one last week just sitting there with no pilot tucked away out of the way so I grabbed it (like I would leave it there...lol) it needed some work and I was in a hurry so I took it to the nearest shipyard and got the basics done. I have had it out for a few quick scouting trips but no battles yet, however it feels like it will be a real ship killer in the right hands.

If you can grab one you may want to super tune it if you plan on flying it like the reg Nemisis, but it does have some extra cargo space so it is worht trying. I kind of like it and I am bginging it along with me for a good shake down.

I have been having some ISP issues the past week so I have spent more time trouble shooting that than anything else, but hopefully I will be back in space tonight...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Well, the Black Swan has been out cruisin the sectors. Made it to Kings End, Boron space, and am traveling to find that Best Buy and Sell software. Well, not just that but to also make new trading alliances.

While in Three Worlds I came upon a firefight between Argon Military and pirates. Funny thing tho the pirates they were firing upon didn't seem like pirates. I got into the fray and targeted [targeting HUD turned red] what I thought was a pirate..... come to find out it was an Argon ship. So turning away for the mess I continued on and docked at an Argon Free Trading Station. Then moved on out to Kindom's End where I am now. Not much to report but the scenery sure is great.

After coming out of the gate and Kindom's End I happenend on what I thiught were to derilics. Moving in closer I found that did have pilots so I could claim either one. First was a Boron Shark and second was a Boron Ray. Beautiful ships that I'd love to have in a fleet of my own someday.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    WTG Bill, you are "takin it to them"! BTW have you ever tried the Heavy Nemesis? I came across one last week just sitting there with no pilot tucked away out of the way so I grabbed it (like I would leave it there...lol) it needed some work and I was in a hurry so I took it to the nearest shipyard and got the basics done. I have had it out for a few quick scouting trips but no battles yet, however it feels like it will be a real ship killer in the right hands.

If you can grab one you may want to super tune it if you plan on flying it like the reg Nemisis, but it does have some extra cargo space so it is worht trying. I kind of like it and I am bginging it along with me for a good shake down.

I have been having some ISP issues the past week so I have spent more time trouble shooting that than anything else, but hopefully I will be back in space tonight...

Thanks Mike,

I will certainly check it out. It looks alot meaner then the original Nemesis. The original is very clean, the heavy looks like a Q hunter, which is what I need right now. :d

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Well, the Black Swan has been out cruisin the sectors. Made it to Kings End, Boron space, and am traveling to find that Best Buy and Sell software. Well, not just that but to also make new trading alliances.

While in Three Worlds I came upon a firefight between Argon Military and pirates. Funny thing tho the pirates they were firing upon didn't seem like pirates. I got into the fray and targeted [targeting HUD turned red] what I thought was a pirate..... come to find out it was an Argon ship. So turning away for the mess I continued on and docked at an Argon Free Trading Station. Then moved on out to Kindom's End where I am now. Not much to report but the scenery sure is great.

After coming out of the gate and Kindom's End I happenend on what I thiught were to derilics. Moving in closer I found that did have pilots so I could claim either one. First was a Boron Shark and second was a Boron Ray. Beautiful ships that I'd love to have in a fleet of my own someday.

They are awesome looking ships.

I took a job to return an abandoned ship once (a few days ago) and it turned out to be a huge Boron ship. I cant remember which one, but it was smimilar to size and shape. I was late and it was already in the sector. What does the station do? They call the feds and the police ships arrive and blast it to smitherines...!!! arrgh.. . If only I could have rescued it.

The thing was so big, it couldnt dock at their station. It needed the big docking arms like a ship yard has. I was taken. Too bad I cant send 'them' a bill, lol..

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    JAN02_2010_AlfaDelta

Well, upon Mikes reports on the Heavy Nemesis, I decided to find one, but didnt, so I cheated and made one via the Cheat/Create Ship route. But to figure in the cost, what I did is have it reverse engineered, and then when its done, I will stock up and produce one and then I can check it out. Something like 2 or 4 hours to disect!!!! arrghh.. Soon.. I didnt test drive it or even look at it. I am saving that till I have that one 'built' by my own group. arrgh.. (reward system).

In the mean time, I collected parts for the shops to build this thing with, and got into some furballs in sectors that had pirate activity.

Really odd.. Ships were pirates ships, but blue, not red, and they were saying that I was in big trouble with 2 races now for attacking them..

No survivors though.. Lots of left over debris like missles and weaponry.. :d

I took out a Khahk ship at one point, flying past it, I launched a missle. It was a 'cluster' unit, attached. Blew them all up at once! Never seen that happen before. Gave me a special feeling... :d

Bill

I love those Boron ships, they are so cool and evil looking they just have mean written all over them. Or in the case of the Skate, flies like a butterfly and stings like a bee.

I can't wait to see pics of your new Heavy Bill.

Well guys, & Chacha... I finally decided it was time to bring my fleet together all in one sector and set-up some orginazition... I have two main sectors I work from and all my ships are heading home, I plan to set-up a Trading group out of Esylum of Light, and a Mission group out of Legends Home. Many of the ships are not jump equipped yet so it will be awhile before they all get back and I expect it will take several hours to get them all equipped and wings set up but it should be fun. I hope to take a "Battle Group" through a few pirate sectors and do some house cleaning as my first mission so stay tuned. I will let everyone know when the campaign begins.

Now to sell off the junkers and fit out the light carriers with good fighters and some proper escorts and I will be off on the "GiGa" Campaign round one!
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]