X3 Patrol Logs - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: X3 Patrol Logs

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I wish I could figure out how to...........

* Turn on targeting to identify what is in the target viewer (happens at times, and I cannot replicate it).
    This might be a range issue, I noticed that I sometimes can target an object but it is not close enough for my scanner to identify, it's weird tho, if you leave the object targeted it will not give you a full ID until you are very close, if you switch to a different target them back it often gives you a good ID, it may be the scanner logic, or possible it only scans so often like every 10 min and as soon as it picks up a new target???
    * How to realign my ship to heads up (Y axis) so that I can hyper jump to Sectors and not be cattywompis to the Sector (pointing down or up at wierd angles... ).
    I may know an answer for this one, there is a setting in the Game Controls to Automatically Level the ship, so that as soon as you come off Auto ilot or jump a gate the ship levels with the center plane of the sector, it is confusing at first, but I use it and I am liking it.

I finally got back into space tonight, kind of boring, but it was nice to be back at the controls again
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    My company at HQ were invited tonight to attend a 'Thanks Giving' ceremony tomorrow on Argon Prime!

I didnt know they had Thanks Giving here..

So.. I have had 3 freighters assigned to go out to the various Cahooona Meatsteak fascilities surrounding Argon Prime to see if they had surplus Turkey steaks.. They will bring them to the reandevous point and from there, they will be disperssed to either the main reception area or to homeless sections that have no food.

:ernae:

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    NOV29_09

Planting Advanced Sats along the Mid Southern Galaxy. Came accross Kha-Ahk fighters, approximately 7, in Ianunas Zura. Followed pursuit. Recieved much damage, lost shields, emergency warped to HQ in Argon Prime. Repaired the Nemesis, hyper jumped back to Ianunas Zura and finished kicking some Kha-Ahk boootock. Then 2 pirates entered the sector before I could hyper jump back to AP. Engaged the pirates. Took one down quite fast, but the second had a Elite fighter. Dogfight lasted quite a while. I ended up disengaging the last pirate, going after the Dukes Hazard waste vessel that 'also' came through that sector, and converting it to dust, then turned back to the pirate.

Upon coming into range of the second pirate, firing vollies of lasers and electromagnetic rail launched debris at it, he blew up.

I had also taken out a Dukes transport earlier.

2 Dukes,
    2 Pirates
    7 Kha-Ahk

Time to take the Nemesis home for a car wash, detail, oil the leather seats, super clean the windows, change the oil, and load up on some more missles..

:d

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Retired SOH Administrator
    NOV29_09

Planting Advanced Sats along the Mid Southern Galaxy. Came accross Kha-Ahk fighters, approximately 7, in Ianunas Zura. Followed pursuit. Recieved much damage, lost shields, emergency warped to HQ in Argon Prime. Repaired the Nemesis, hyper jumped back to Ianunas Zura and finished kicking some Kha-Ahk boootock. Then 2 pirates entered the sector before I could hyper jump back to AP. Engaged the pirates. Took one down quite fast, but the second had a Elite fighter. Dogfight lasted quite a while. I ended up disengaging the last pirate, going after the Dukes Hazard waste vessel that 'also' came through that sector, and converting it to dust, then turned back to the pirate.

Upon coming into range of the second pirate, firing vollies of lasers and electromagnetic rail launched debris at it, he blew up.

I had also taken out a Dukes transport earlier.

2 Dukes,
    2 Pirates
    7 Kha-Ahk

Time to take the Nemesis home for a car wash, detail, oil the leather seats, super clean the windows, change the oil, and load up on some more missles..

You are three light days ahead on Ianunas Zura?

How was the Thanksgiving Ceremony on Argon Prime?

..And don't forget the Vanilla flavored car perfume that you always have!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    ChaCha.. It was good. Celebrated again today back on the station. :d

NOV26_09
    Earlier this morning I was out looking for passenger runs through the central corridors. Kept having issues in hauling people with my Split Iguanna Vanguard. Its supposed to be half passenger liner. (Fast as well). I did do some runs.. Paid only for a couple.. Even the easy ones!!!! arrghh.. I need to get faster at it.

I tried attacking a Dukes Hazardous Materials ship with the Vanguard. It was embarrassing.. Later, I loaded up more missles, better brand, and some more potent weaponry.. Now he will not be able to laugh at me.

While picking on the Duke ship, a swarm of Kha-Ahk came through the sector.. Man, its getting more frequent. I might start calling on the Tokyo..

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    NOV26_09

Brought back a purchased, beatup freighter yesterday, and its journey was taking too long, so I did my famous shuffle of Jump Drives, using the Elephant to hanger over a small craft that had JD. I switched it to the new Freighter, brought the small craft back to the hanger bay of the Elephant, dispatched back to Argon Prime. I then located some energy cells and hopped back to Argon Prime. Refitted original craft with another JD unit when back in home space.

Decided to place another old used Buster into the Tokyo hanger fleet. Jumped it to Ceo's Buckzoid. I store the Tokyo at Ceo's Buckzoid). I was considering using the Tokyo to launch it on the next fleet of Kha-Ahk fighter raiders, and learn how to use the Carrier for wave launches..

No sooner do I get there and have the Tokyo waiting in idle when two Cluster Kha-Ahk fighter groups fly into Ceo's space, lolol.. I have to learn fast. Dispatched Blue Wing (4 fighters) to cluster one, dispatched 2 seperate fighters to cluster one. Used Tokyo against cluster 2. Upon engaging the enemy when it was dispersing the Kha-Ahk fighters from the center hub carrier, the Tokyo rammed 2 of them taking them out. A slow dog fight ensued. When blue squadron had taken down cluster group one, I sent them into the furball with cluster two. At the end, even dreadnaughts from Ceos sector were in on the fight, and two huge Boron M1's as well. We pulverized the little geeks.. lol.. Lots of dust left over.

Had to take some snappies during the battle. Pretty wild. I hadnt been through a giant naval battle yet, only seen them on YouTube.

Bill

I've finally made it into Teladi space, where they've retained my services to provide company security. The Borons have also made me an honorary member of their Queen's Guard. The Split don't like me much, though, and basically tell me to f-off whenever I stop to ask for directions.

I've made my first million, and then some, thanks to some well-timed used ship sales and some generous donations from Dukes Hazardous Waste. :ernae:

I've still got my original Mercury freighter, as well as the super hauler, and both are working hard. I'm starting to consider some investment options, and am considering the purchase of my first station. I'm thinking of starting an ore mine somewhere to get the hang of the supply side. I'm hoping there is much profit...
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    I've finally made it into Teladi space, where they've retained my services to provide company security. The Borons have also made me an honorary member of their Queen's Guard. The Split don't like me much, though, and basically tell me to f-off whenever I stop to ask for directions.

I've made my first million, and then some, thanks to some well-timed used ship sales and some generous donations from Dukes Hazardous Waste. :ernae:

I've still got my original Mercury freighter, as well as the super hauler, and both are working hard. I'm starting to consider some investment options, and am considering the purchase of my first station. I'm thinking of starting an ore mine somewhere to get the hang of the supply side. I'm hoping there is much profit...
    Craig there is good profit in Ore mining, the trick is to find a nice safe asteroid with a good yeild. Your best bet is to invest in a mineral scanner first, then go on a little survey mission, just target the asteroid and select scan, you want something worthwhile, a yeild of 25 or better, 40 is great. Once you find a good suspect, make sure it is not too far from a good market, if you have to haul ore 5 or 6 sectors to sell it you run the risk of a nasty vaporizing your transport before it gets to market... I found out the hard way, I lost a full super freighter just before it reached the quantum tube plant I had directed it to... d@m pirates...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    You can set your freighters for AutoJump. Then they only are at risk in the pickup sector and the drop off sector.

I so love seeing those bright flashes from ships that do a hyper jump from a stand still, lolol..

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    Craig there is good profit in Ore mining, the trick is to find a nice safe asteroid with a good yeild. Your best bet is to invest in a mineral scanner first, then go on a little survey mission, just target the asteroid and select scan, you want something worthwhile, a yeild of 25 or better, 40 is great. Once you find a good suspect, make sure it is not too far from a good market, if you have to haul ore 5 or 6 sectors to sell it you run the risk of a nasty vaporizing your transport before it gets to market... I found out the hard way, I lost a full super freighter just before it reached the quantum tube plant I had directed it to... d@m pirates...
    Thanks thats a good advice.... I had a water purification plant (I cheated) but not cheated enough.... I thought i can have a lot of money billions of money.... man I should know who to trust....:isadizzy:

My goal was to have a fleet.... I have to start reading and make more money and do more missions.... and trust no one!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    ChaCha,

It can be difficult at times. I now have a fleet of freighters that run and right now, some are not making any money for some reason. Other times, they really rake in the money. While in a game, I can make nearly a million from the freighters running them selves automatically.

What I do to aquire a used freighter is find one for sale (the sales money signs icons on the stations usually mean they 'might' be selling something). When you find a ship, check it out on that Russian site at the 'Screenshots / Screenshots of Space Ships. Enter the name of the ship for sale and hit enter and it brings up a basic info string on the ship. CLick on that and a picture and tons of detail popup on the craft. At the bottom of the top part is the price they sell for to have them made new. Use that to judge if its a good deal.

Then, when you buy one, get it home safely and have jump drive, Best Buy, Best Sell, Navigation software, Trade Extension, etc, loaded up. Have the engine tuned, cargo bay extended, rudder handling improved. Anything else in software to add that you might need, (trading mk 1, and mk 2), and then send it on its way in a busy sector via 'Sector Trader' in Command Console / Trade section and bing...! You start making money.

The better you outfit your ship, the more money it will start generating. It pays for itself immensely. Now do that with 10 ships and you get a picture of how much money you can 'really' start bringing in..

Finding the abandoned ships really helps too. You can sell those and get freighters and things, unless you find a nice freighter.

And beware, you can find ships for sale that are expensive.. Always check that price list of ships.... and find out if its worth it to get. Some of these ships are old world and now retired, so they dont fly well, etc..

Bill

Mike and Bill,

Thanks for the tips. I've been running an ore scanner on my Nova and checking asteroids out as I drive by on autopilot.

When buying used ships, I always check their hull state. If it's less than 70% I usually find I can turn a nice profit by fixing it up and selling it. I made a nice bundle on a used Barracuda last night. I was considering hanging on to it, but it just wasn't going to be speedy enough for my needs. Good cargo capacity, though, for a fighter.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    Mike and Bill,

Thanks for the tips. I've been running an ore scanner on my Nova and checking asteroids out as I drive by on autopilot.

When buying used ships, I always check their hull state. If it's less than 70% I usually find I can turn a nice profit by fixing it up and selling it. I made a nice bundle on a used Barracuda last night. I was considering hanging on to it, but it just wasn't going to be speedy enough for my needs. Good cargo capacity, though, for a fighter.
    Thanks for the heads up...

I think I am an impulsive buyer, I buy and buy and buy... and try to make something out of it and find out later they are too slow .... and gain a few profit...

I have parked them on AP and are accumulating dust.... I have to get them to work....

Thanks!

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    NOV29.09

I created a large amount of revenue from private jumps for stations, doing fairly well. Glad I have hyper jump-drive and super tune or I dont think I could have done it. Brought funds from 13,000,000 to 21,000,000.

Purchased an old, beatup Mercury for very cheap near Ianamus Zura (one click left) and did the Jump Drive swap thing with the Elephant and a hangered ship. Then shuffled the fleet back to Argon Prime.

I had found the NavSat in Ianamus Zura was shot out by Kha-ahk and so I picked up my fast Iguanna Vanguard and dropped of an advanced NavSat there. Upon shopping for business, a cluster of Kha-Ahk flew through Ianamus Zura so I dispatched the Tokyo and its fighters onboard. They cleaned it up! Nice work..

I joined in the dogfight but wore out my shields and had to bugger off. While getting them charged, the fleet had already taken out the Kha-Ahk.. I had shot down 2 with the Iguanna, the rest by Blue Wing of the Tokyo.

I then assigned the new Mercury to the sector just east of Ianamus Zura for sector trading. We'll see how that goes.

After refitting of the Mercury, I found I had spent a fortune on it.. No wonder I keep losing so much money each time I buy a beat up old freighter. Putting in all the equipment, cargo bay extension, some weapons, one spends a MINT!!!! arrgh..

I wonder if I can make good money selling the freighters I make? I might get into that business if I can figure out how to get the ships to be manufactured..

Bill

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Luckydogalog: Stardate 2009.11.30

Headed down into the south-east corner of The Universe........
    Pulled into Queen's Retribution (Boron) and discovered that there was a concert at the super shipyard. One of my favorite musicians...Santananid... was playing. I've been a big fan of his since I was a space cadet.
    Lots of rhythm with a strong Latinid flavour.......
    Attachment 20932

Headed west the next day.......brief skirmish with pirates in the Faded Dreams sector (kicked butt) and stopped in Patriarch's Collusion (Split).
    VERY impressed with the super-shipyard there....as I was at the next stop....the super-shipyard in Heaven's Assertion (Paranid). Huge stock and variety at both places.

While in H.A. I recieved a com........heavy casualties in Omicron Lyrae
    ( I've been running a police force up there to make some extra bucks ).
    Six pilots and fighters destroyed by Xenon.
    Vacation is over...........time for revenge.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    lolololol......

That is hilarious LD...

I can see you writing missions soon...

I just pried myself from the ship... 1AM... (2nd or 3rd mission tonight). Found a Medium super freighter for 186,000 credits, did the Elephant shuffle, mounted a JD in it, and sent it to headquarters for future restoration and have the super chargers fitted, racing slicks, new muffler bearings, the works.. Maybe even some ArmourAll..

Tonight was quite a few taxi trips and mini parts runs. Man, you really have to be fast. Some didnt make it.. arrgh.

Found that planet again that looks like the Dune world, Arakkis. Fremen home world... (picture attached). I wonder if they have some of that Milange spice for sale there. Though they say if you put it on your eggs for breakfast, your eyes turn blue and you have some very psychedelic visions.. :d

Found an entire new sector. The gate was way off the map, had to scan out and go way down there to find it hidden in the far south of this one particular deep Southeast sector. (Ive forgotten the name of it already, lol.. so many sectors.. ).

Studied my problem with the station not manufacturing the Baldric.. I wonder if I need Ore and Energy Cells.. hmm.... (Almost went for them, but its just getting too late.. arrgh.. ).

Bill

star date 2009.11.30
    Finally got new fleet outfitted and got the crews back to work, it is a long process getting all the details completed, Company Colours painted on the Hulls, and ships equipped for their specific jobs, not to mention the trouble Bones had getting all those “Hung Over” fly boys sobered up and alert enough to stand on 2 legs (except that 3 legged Parinid Freighter Jock, that 3<SUP>rd</SUP> leg of his/hers/it’s “Whatever” does help when they are juiced up) – dam that Scotty and his secret stash of Space Fuel, if he was not such a Miracle worker with the engines I would eject him with the garbage...

I got the 3 big super freighters equipped first and each off to a separate busy sector close to Argon Prime to start sector trading, that all done and the cash flow rolling again I figured I should get some “Stick Time” myself, the problem with fleet management is I don’t spend enough time “Out There” and I miss it, so I figured I might as well do some exploring and try a few missions if I saw anything interesting, it didn’t take long to find something. My HQ is in Eyslum of Light, where the Goaners are building a new Temple, so I called up the Goaner “In Charge” and sure enough he was in need of my services, it seems they are having trouble with supply ships delivering Ore and Silicon Chips, so he offered 50K (plus costs) to have me deliver 2000 units of Ore and 200 of Silicon Chips... ummm that is a nice pay day for a trade run, so there has to be a catch right? A quick check of the Star Charts and I spot the catch, the only place close that will likely have everything is Mines of Fortune, I can quickly see his supply problem, ships have to pass through a Xeon Sector and a Pirate sector on the way to make delivery (not all ships have Jump drives and I didn’t want to cheat that into this mission). I did have a freighter working the area near Mines of Fortune so I ordered the Pilot to meet me there and I figured I would pack up a couple of fighters on a Light Carrier to use to protect the freighter on the way back – good plan but that dam Murphy and his rules apply in space to... OK so my Light Carrier is well armed and of course all my security ships are Jump drive equipped so we load up 3 shiny new Mumba Vanguards (the expensive ones) and jump into Mines of Fortune, just after I arrived the Super freighter blasts through the west gate, and heads for Ore Mine Beta. I thought Bones had sobered these guys up, this fool was so hung over he almost totalled the freighter before he got out of the Western Gate – DAM you again Mr. Scott *note to self, invite Scotty over for Chilli when we get back, make sure his serving has extra large dose of laxative added – revenge can be sweet...lol

OK I better take over this operation, we both get docked at the Ore mine, and I move over to the Captain’s chair of the freighter, and send “Mr. Bubble head” to the light carrier, I figure I can have him Jump to the gate next to the Xenon Sector and wait for me to arrive, then he can follow and protect using Auto Pilot, surly he can manage that (remember Murphy.... double dam you Scotty). I buy up all the ore the mine has ready to ship, then head over to Ore Mine Beta, I am able to get all 2000 units in two stops, and I see the Silicon Mine has plenty of Silicon Chips in stock so I just might be able to pull this off, things are look up – cue other shoe here... I make the short hop to the Silicon Mine load up the 200 units and start for the south gate. OK now lets get Bubble head on his way, I open up the comm. link and order him to follow me. So he will be clear of the station when I send him the Jump coordinates... Now remember that “Other Shoe” - it just dropped... the hangover was worse than I thought the pilot couldn’t navigate out of the docking bay, he (including my brand new light carrier, and 3 brand new Mumba’s) blew up in a huge flash of light, I am sure most of the fire works were his bodily gases exploding – Double double dam you Mr. Scott... OK so there went any profit on this “Milk Run”, now I have a super freighter, loaded with Ore and Silicon Chips and the thing is over weight so it handles like a dog sled without the dogs, and all I have to do is get this thing past a Xeon sector and a pirate base... Oh Murphy you got me good this time. Well the only thing in my favour is the freighter is well armed with Lasers, no missiles, but there is plenty of kick in this gurl, so off I go. No problems getting through the first 3 sectors, this is the milk run part, now I get into Ghinns Escape and spot the Pirate Base and a patrol of Pirate busters, well Mr Scott promised he tuned this thing up and I should be able to outrun most Pirate ships, time to see. I point at the gate and punch it, well 498 KM, not too shabby and the Pirate Patrol has not spotted me, a few asteroids to navigate around and help hide behind and I make the gate unmolested – things are looking up. I get through the gate into Xeon Sector – remember that 3 legged Pilot I told you about, well his brother must work around here – the Other other shoe drops... I run right smack into a Xenon Base, 3 Xenon Q’ (the big ugly battle ships) and a Shipyard... and here I am without my cloaking device... and just to make things interesting there are 40 or so Xenon N’s patrolling (as in looking for fools like me to wander into their space). Now if you think I had any chance of sneaking past – WRONG! this whole mess is parked within 10 KM of the gate I need. So Fire up the weapons boys and gurls, smoke em if you got em, and make sure the Will is up to date, cuz here we go – now where did I hide my Space Fuel...

So in I go guns blazing, I am so glad I armed this thing to the teeth, and Auto Aim is a blessing for those little Xenon Scout craft, I cleaned up the small stuff in no time, and got a few pot shots into the Q’s. Now where did I put the Concussion Guns, ok load them on mount s 6, & 7 and lets see if we can survive this. Shields are holding, thanks heaven for the extra speed, I can get out of the way long before the Q’s guns come to bear. A few strafing runs at the first bad boy and his shields are going down fast, this is promising... 3 more passes to take them out, but let me tell you those concussion gums sure suck the Laser generator dry some fast. OK shields down, switch to full lasers and one run and a bright flash later – NO MORE Xenon Q, I get a promotion and start to think I just might get out of this alive. Quick check of the ship and we seem to be doing OK, shields down to 92% and no hull damage. On to Q #2, pretty much the same strategy, it will take a couple extra passes because I can only attack from the port side, the 2 remaining ships are in formation and while I can dodge one incoming battery I don’t think I can stay out of the range of 2. OK lets get creative, maybe there are rookie gunners on these ships, I wonder if I make a high speed [ass between then will they be dumb enough to shoot each other... you know some people are just born lucky others have to make their luck, which ever it is, today I am one lucky SOB, a high speed pass from back to front between the 2 battle ships, and dam if they did not almost blow them selves to space dust, point blank range and they were firing heavy guns at each other trying to track this freighter that was just too fast for them. When I came around and did a quick scan before making an attack run Q#2 was down to 10% shields, now this I can handle, - all power to the weapons “Lets Do It”. It took 4 shots to bring down the shields, and one more run broad side a bright flash and Gig has another promotion. Time to finish off that last Q, it is regenerating shields, and they are back to about 50% - mice try boy but Concussions guns make easy work of Xenon shields, there are a few N’s and XL’s arriving from the shipyard now so with the distractions it takes 4 passes to dispatch the last battle ship, but “Another One Bytes the Dust”. I finish off the rest of the canon fodder and try to decide if I want to try the stations??? Well my shields are holding and the luck is running good, so lets go for broke.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    The Xenon station is well armed and protected, so it is a lot of work, but after 15 to 20 passes I see a bright flash then space dust... On to the shipyard, they got some more fighters up, but they are easy so I leave them to the turrets, humm no laser fire from the shipyard, I am not so sure about this any longer, but in for a penny.... Well to make a long story short(er) it was a lot of work and I drained my laser energy several times, but up she went, now one last look around and I start spotting all kinds of space junk floating around, umm lets check this out.... closer inspection – Missiles, lots of Missiles, so I spend the next 45 minutes grabbing all the goodies left behind when the Xenon craft blew up, I think it was rather thoughtful of them to leave behind such nice stuff...lol I now have 40+ missiles in my hold, I received 3 promotions and I survived... now what’s next, Oh yeah that delivery, how could I forget the “Milk Run”. 2 more sectors and I deliver the goods to the Goaner construction site, get my credits and a blessing from the Goaner high Priest, and decide to head to the bar, I just might let Mr. Scott buy me a shot of Space Fuel, if I don’t kill him first.

<o></o>
    All in all not a really bad day, it was a shame to loose the pilot and 4 new ships, but he knew the risks, and hung over isO way to fly... he caused his own demise so I can’t accept the blame for that, in the end with the promotions and the loot I picked up I probably still lost some but I am in one piece, and it fealt good to get out there again – Live Long and Prosper!
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Goodness Mike.. You and LD are having too much fun at this, lololol....

Well, this gives me hope in fighting Q ships. I thought they were invincible. Good to know you can wipe out an entire Xenon sector, lololol..

I am going to look for those concussion guns.. Must be able to find them somewhere..

I noticed yesterday that a couple of my taxi runs were noted as being 'difficult' but when I ran them, they were easy and over fast. One paid well over a million credits. I am thinking that was just a lucky run, or I was too fast for the game trigger to hit me with pirates or something, lol..

Bill

Stardate 30-11-2009:
    I accepted a mission to search out and destroy Kha'ak ships in the Red light Sector and Cloudbase So, West. I never saw a one cause I couldn't find Red Light or Cloud Base. Headed back to Agron Prime feelin like a dummy.

[Where is, or is there, a map showning these sectors once you make a jump thru a gate?]
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    [Where is, or is there, a map showning these sectors once you make a jump thru a gate?]
    Gigabyte posted a number of links to helpful sites in the other thread (probably somewhere in the middle of the thread by now). Egosoft runs a pretty good forum, and I recall there being stickies to a number of guides and maps. Apricotslice has an X guide that's very helpful. I don't have the link handy, but it's probably easy to search.

You're going to kick yourself when you find out how close you were. Do you have guidance turned on for missions? If you do, you usually see an orange trail and/or orange brackets to a jumpgate if you have to go elsewhere to complete a mission. Good luck!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Where is, or is there, a map showning these sectors once you make a jump thru a gate?]

Hey Gary,

There is a map here.. Its huge..

http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_map/

Bill

Craig, thanks. And I didn't know there was Guidance for missions.... I haven't found that yet. If you would, post help for Guidance in the other X3 thread in Newshawks so everyone can find it. Might be better to keep this thread just for Patrol Logs.

Bill, thanks for that link. I had it but unfortunately lost it. I'm now making a follder for X3 links in my Favorites. IE8 has been doing some funny things this past week and I lost a few links I had saved..... not all of them thank God. Time to backup my saved links on a CD too.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

SOH-CM-2014
    DEC1.09

I found out why my station HQ hadnt started production on a ship yet. If you go to Station Information (press U key), and scroll down (way down), you will come to a section that has lists of 'needs' of supplies, with sliders next to the names of the supplies. When you have all the supplies needed in the list, the production queue should then become 'active' and your ship will start the 'assembly phase'.

So... I went on a shopping spree. As fast as I could, in a gigantic Mercury Super Freighter L, I went about the Galaxy looking for all the supplies I needed. I spent about 2+ Million on parts, from Rimes fabric to crystals to microchippies to quantum tubes. The list was long. Got it all done before dinner. :d

Sooooooooooooooooon........ Soon I will have a new Terran Baldric high speed freighter that has 'new ship smell' in it...

It will pay for people into the trading side of this game to know the best prices (lowest prices). Too bad they dont have sales or coupons.. eh ChaCha?

Bill

DEC1.09

I found out why my station HQ hadnt started production on a ship yet. If you go to Station Information (press U key), and scroll down (way down), you will come to a section that has lists of 'needs' of supplies, with sliders next to the names of the supplies. When you have all the supplies needed in the list, the production queue should then become 'active' and your ship will start the 'assembly phase'.

So... I went on a shopping spree. As fast as I could, in a gigantic Mercury Super Freighter L, I went about the Galaxy looking for all the supplies I needed. I spent about 2+ Million on parts, from Rimes fabric to crystals to microchippies to quantum tubes. The list was long. Got it all done before dinner. :d

Sooooooooooooooooon........ Soon I will have a new Terran Baldric high speed freighter that has 'new ship smell' in it...

It will pay for people into the trading side of this game to know the best prices (lowest prices). Too bad they dont have sales or coupons.. eh ChaCha?

Bill
    Use your membership card, or frequent buyer ... Lionheart....

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CraigsLog Stardate 9335.9 - made it over to Akeelah's Beacon from Hatikvah's Faith via Aladna Hill. No sooner had I popped out of the gate into AH, I got pinged by a Mercury Hauler wanting to know if I would be interested in a used ship. After looking it over I said "Sure, why not. I can always use another beast of burden." Then, while I was fixing her up by the side of the space lane, along comes this down-on-her-luck fighter jock with a beat-up Nova Sentinel looking to unload it. It's a little too slow for keeping (upgradeable to only 123 m/s?), but I know I can turn a decent profit from it.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR