X3 Patrol Logs - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: X3 Patrol Logs

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Nov22

Shuffling Freighters in busy sectors to get them to attain 'Universe Trader' status, then jump them to that job and shuffle in more ships to the new open slots in the busy sectors.

Hunting Xenon in the southern part of the Galaxy, South Southwest sectors.. Lots of business down in there for freighters, but I was in the heavily fortified Nemesis.. No room for anything buy missles and batteries..

Lost one Mako that was assigned to patrol the Ceo's Buckzoid sector.

RIP Mako fighter pilot..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Currently in Boron space hunting for a northeasterly passage over to Omicron Lyrae. So far, no luck. Took a job protecting a Boron shield factory from some pirates. Learned you gotta be careful where you shoot. Next thing I know the factory is dispatching some fighter drones with orders to kill me?!?! While I'm still trying to fend off pirates?!?! Fortunately I was able to rebuild my rep with them by defeating the pirates (and profusely apologizing to a Boron military M3).

Now, how do I find my way outta here...
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    Currently in Boron space hunting for a northeasterly passage over to Omicron Lyrae. So far, no luck. Took a job protecting a Boron shield factory from some pirates. Learned you gotta be careful where you shoot. Next thing I know the factory is dispatching some fighter drones with orders to kill me?!?! While I'm still trying to fend off pirates?!?! Fortunately I was able to rebuild my rep with them by defeating the pirates (and profusely apologizing to a Boron military M3).

Now, how do I find my way outta here...

Hey Craig,

I would do one of two things. Either plug in a destination in your auto pilot, such as Argon Prime, and let the computer figure in your course, or refer to the map on one of the websites and check the passages there.

I always hyper jump to Omicron Lyrae, but I think the normal route is straight right from Argon Prime. (Some ups and downs in there). I never use the Ceo's Buckzoid northerly route. I'll try to find the make of that large long-jump that has a long expanse between gates.. Its sort of South and in the middle of the galaxy.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

It's that northerly route I'm trying to find/explore. For some reason I just can't locate the right jumpgate. I'll keep hunting...
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

X3TC Captains Log Stardate 23Nov2009:

Crew inactive and about to mutiny if Xtend mod for X3TC isn't installed soon. Captain is now working on 2nd X3 install for mod.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    X3TC Captains Log Stardate 23Nov2009:

Crew inactive and about to mutiny if Xtend mod for X3TC isn't installed soon. Captain is now working on 2nd X3 install for mod.
    GT, here is a very easy way to run seperate games, navigate to the X3 folder and copy the whole thing, right where it is - I did it this way Right Click on the X3 Reunion Folder, and select "Copy", then point to a blank spot on the screen inside the Ergosoft Folder, Right Click and sepect Paste, Poof you will see a new X3 Reunion (Copy) folder. Now just rename the original, to something like X3 Reunion - Original, and rename the new one to X3 Reunion... now install your Mods, and when you want to go back to the Original just reverse the process, that way you can keep 2 copies of the game and switch with a few clicks. You also have to remember to make a copy of your Save Games Folder inside My Documents\Ergosoft, but that process is the exact same.

BTW tell the whiney crew to be patient, Xtended is not ready for Terran Conflict yet, the Reunion version is avaliable - Ver 7.5 I think, but the TC version is still a WIP
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Yeah Mike.... I told em it was for Reunion but they forced me at lazer point to say X3TC.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    NOV23-09

While purchasing a used freighter in Siezwell sector, I found a Kha-Ahk 'Cluster' passing through the system. I took my Dolphin Hauler back to Argon Prime to my HQ, switched out into the Nemesis, Hyper Jumped back to Seizwell, located said Cluster, and began taking it apart.

I didnt know it detaches into about 7 crystal craft. I gave them all the 'zatz' except one which must have been taken out by someone else.

Now to come down from the adrenaline rush.. :d

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Luckydogalog = Stardate 2009.11.23

Nathan's Voyage Sector.....meeting with undercover agent.

Parked my Tokyo in a dark, distant corner and hopped into one of the little non-descript freighters I have on board. Docked at the Argon Free Trade station and met the agent in a seedy, smokey bar called "YoMama's".
    Lt. Patricia Delicious was a fox in a skin-tight flightsuit. Short dark hair, light blue eyes and a dimple on her chin. My orders were to assassinate a double agent in the the Grand Exchange sector. She would point him out.
    I hot-footed it back to my Tokyo and followed her little Argon fighter at a discreet distance.
    While passing thru the Belt of Aguilar, six Xenon fighters started getting pushy. I unleashed ten of my "dogs of war" and put the Xenons out of their misery. Capt. Cretin is credited with four of the kills:
    Attachment 20146

Upon reaching Grand Exchange, I located my assignment on radar and Lt. Delicious disappeared into on of the stations.

The sucker didn't know what hit him.

Awaiting orders...........................
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    dang.......!

What version of this game do you have, LD???

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    Luckydogalog = Stardate 2009.11.23

Nathan's Voyage Sector.....meeting with undercover agent.

Parked my Tokyo in a dark, distant corner and hopped into one of the little non-descript freighters I have on board. Docked at the Argon Free Trade station and met the agent in a seedy, smokey bar called "YoMama's".
    Lt. Patricia Delicious was a fox in a skin-tight flightsuit. Short dark hair, light blue eyes and a dimple on her chin. My orders were to assassinate a double agent in the the Grand Exchange sector. She would point him out.
    I hot-footed it back to my Tokyo and followed her little Argon fighter at a discreet distance.
    While passing thru the Belt of Aguilar, six Xenon fighters started getting pushy. I unleashed ten of my "dogs of war" and put the Xenons out of their misery. Capt. Cretin is credited with four of the kills:
    Attachment 20146

Upon reaching Grand Exchange, I located my assignment on radar and Lt. Delicious disappeared into on of the stations.

The sucker didn't know what hit him.

Awaiting orders...........................
    LD, sounds like you are picking up missions from the stations, that is a great way to build up credits and rep real quick with specific factions. I am into the story line, but I still pick up missions every once in awhile, just for a diversion. You can have several missions active at one time just be careful if you select a mission with a time limit get it done first these guys have no sense of humor about being late for anything, and they knock down your rep if you fail, declining or aborting a mission is OK just don't go over the time limit.

I tried a Pirate mission the other night, that was fun, I had to stop 4 freighters from getting through the sector, I blew them to bits, and picked up a nice haul of freight as a bonus - apparently as long as you stay in a pirate sector and make quick kills the Rep does not seem to be effected outside the sector.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

Cool LD. :ernae: Now, is that ugly little sucker the one you wasted? He does look a bit on the seedy side.
    Gary -

Craig'sLog, stardate 9327.8

My alter ego, Capt John Paul Jones in the "Ranger" - still poking around in Boron home space. Finally located the jumpgate to Ceo's Buckzoid, in Menelaus' Frontier, so I can continue my journey eastward to meet the Terrans.

Couple of 'funny' things happened. First, I heard a loud roar as I passed through the jumpgate into the sector. I checked my scanners and discovered a significant debris field - about 8 missiles of various types and just over 1500 e-cells. "Ooh, free missiles," I thought, and immediately set about cleaning up the mess. Unfortunately I didn't have enough room for the e-cells. I'm planning to send my smaller Mercury, the "Bon Homme Richard," over to pick them up. The other 'funny' thing was the discovery of a perfectly good Toucan hauler abandoned near a remote asteroid. It's very nice, fully equipped and ready to carry passengers. My "Colonial Services and Recovery Corp." just added passenger transport to it's list of services to offer.

Meanwhile, I rejoined the little M5 I picked up for a song in Queen's Space. I'm off to refit both now at the equipment dock in Kingdom End, assuming I can find that jumpgate.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Craig,

A tip for when you are hunting jump gates. When you pass through one, keep going straight. Dont use AutoPilot to go through a gate when you are hunting one on the other end of the jump. Go straight through and just keep going straight and watch your Sector map. You 'should' come close to bumping into one when visibility is really poor. Thats how I found that one gate you talked about in the green Nebula. Also, look for traffic or shipping lanes (lots of freighters going to an unknown point). That usually tells you there is a jump gate around, or some very good business, lol.. You can flow with the traffic to see whats on the other end.

I made a map of the lanes we were talking about yesterday that I use on the Southerly routes when using jump gates to get to the East side of the Galaxy.

For those of you that do 'not' wish to know where the jump gates are in sectors, DO NOT LOOK AT THIS!

Bill

Bill,

Good advice to "follow the herd" - I've used that on at least one occasion. I'll have to try that other tip next time I'm having trouble. Another trick I've used is to come at it from the other side when you've already "found" the sector beyond.

I've tricked out my main ride with the triplex scanner, so I don't miss much anymore. :ernae:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Roger that.. Triplex scanner was the other suggestion. Huge range on that thing..

Bill

Yep...nothing gets by me...:d

Took some hull damage in a fight not too long ago, and that was the first thing to go. Had to backtrack to the place I bought it. That's when a jumpdrive comes in real handy...
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

One other trick for finding your way, when you see the ? hovering over stations, open up a comm chanel there are often traders who will sell you sector maps and they can help a lot, worth every credit you spend to buy them.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    Yep...nothing gets by me...:d

Took some hull damage in a fight not too long ago, and that was the first thing to go. Had to backtrack to the place I bought it. That's when a jumpdrive comes in real handy...
    Craig, if you have hull damage and are not in need of replacement equipment you can save some credits by repairing the hull yourself, just park you ship somewhere nice - think SAFE and quiet, off the trade routes is good. Eject from your ship and spin around, you will be in the Mark 3 super duper space suit, this thing comes equiped with a Repair Laser, so just "Point & Shoot" it is a slow process but the laser will repair all hull damage and it costs nothing. This is also useful when you find one of those abandoned ships, what I do is as soon as I claim the ship I jump on board, check out the ship stats, and if it is beat up I hop out and fire up the repair laser before I head off with my new prize.

You can also equip most ships with a repair laser, but it is no faster so I never bother, a nice EVA to do some body work is relaxing and very scenic.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Luckydogalog Stardate = 2009.11.24

New orders/job offer : scan suspected smugglers. Yeah right !!
    What do these guys think I am.......a Wally-outofthis-World Greeter ??!?
    I'll wait for something better.

Since I'm as far East as I can go, I think I'll head south and check out the far Southeastern area ( Teladi, Boron and Splits ). Never been there.

Handed the bridge over to #2 and took a walk....ended up down in the hanger area. Chewed the fat with various ground crew and inspected my 25 "Dogs of War". Noticed an extra fighter.....an Argon Elite. Checked with Hanger Control and found out it belongs to a Lt. Patricia Delicious !!
    Apparently she docked when I was out doin' the double agent. Hmmmm.
    Velly intellesting!
    Headed up to my cabin and tried to get some sack-time but I was way too tense. Called a friend who works physio-therapy in the ship's hospital..........Lt. Helen Bedd (part Argon, part Boron):

Attachment 20286

She helped me work the kinks out.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    lololol....

Where do you come up with this?? lolol..

:ernae:

Bill

Thanks for the tips GB. I've always used the repair laser rather than pay. It can take a while, but I'm cheap! It seems that you can lose components with hull damage in battle, and I was just relating that my brand-spanking new triplex scanner was toasted in a particularly nasty brawl with some Yaki pirates. Was not happy afterwards, but then again, neither were they. :ernae:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    Last night, I tried this 'repair laser' on my space suit on a beatup old Boron Freighter I purchased cheap at a station far North in the Galaxy. Its shields were gone and the hull was about 3/4 percent.

So there I am, beaming away with this laser and nothing was happening.. I didnt seem to be doing any good. After about 5 min's, I decided to fly it myself to the nearest trading station and get the SETA installed and limp it back to Argon Primes Ship Yard.

Dang.. . at 27 knots or M/S, this thing took me nearly 20 min's to get from one side of the sector to the trading station, lololol.. No SETA drive!!!! arrgh...

Then, came the manual flight from Rolks Fate (I think it was that sector, just near Ceo's Buckzoid), and flew it all the way to Argon Prime, then down to Kingdom of Light for the Jump Drive installation.

Then........ I used Cheat to fit it with Super Tune, etc.. (My theory is wait till its at a station, updated, then supertune the thing, so I am not totally cheating).

At least now I have a freighter for dirt cheap now that I can have out there making some money.. I'll probably place this one far away in a distant work sector.

On the home side, I had my extremely fast, highly efficient Baldric Terran freighter reverse engineered (disected) so that I can start manufacturing my own. I have Qeued 10 units for production. (Oh yeah.. :d ).

I still may do this with a Caimen freighter as for some reason, supertune turns these dang things into ultra rockets. You cannot fathom how fast they can go.. The Iguana Vanguard for instance, with super tune is so dang fast, nothing can touch it that I have found yet.. They have the best engines..

Bill

Stardate 2009.11.25

Spent the last week in very frustrating meetings listining to a room full of whiney pilots about control set-up and "common Interface Panels" so I dug out the Zboard and reprogramed a nice complete common panel, now as soon as I finish installing it I am back to the stars, watch for progress reports to follow soon...

[Tip for new users - try to get used to using the keyboard to issue commands, it makes things so much faster and can make a big difference in combat, the mouse if great when in station, but when the action is hot if you know how you can issue commands much faster on the KB...]
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey Mike,

Roger that man!

I can whip through the various ships and commands and locations via the keyboard shortcuts and all. Makes managing a fleet very very efficient.

I wish I could figure out how to...........

* Turn on targeting to identify what is in the target viewer (happens at times, and I cannot replicate it).

* How to realign my ship to heads up (Y axis) so that I can hyper jump to Sectors and not be cattywompis to the Sector (pointing down or up at wierd angles... ). So far, if I really need to, I go through a gate and come back in and I am realigned then.. Otherwise I use the small icon in the Sector map of my ship and try to align myself that way.. Difficult when you are that small of a object.. arrgh..

Bill