X3 Patrol Logs - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: X3 Patrol Logs

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabyte View Post
    I have been away as well, and when I got home of course I had picked up a new job, so flight time has been ZIP! I did get out for a short "Explore" last night and found a wonderful hidden sector that is completely empty - OK WAS empty. I am now building a new HQ and several stations and I am claiming this as GIGBASE! I am moveing all my fleet ships that are not activally trading into jump range and will sort out the keepers from the junkers.

If anyone is interested there are 3 hidden Terran sectors next to Aldren 1 & 2, you have to either complete the Aldren Missions or use the display all sectors cheat to see them and they have no gates so they are accessable only by jumping in. The Unknown Terran Sector 2 is completely empty so it's a great place to set up a safe haven to park you most valued ships, stations, and cargo.

I am planning an all out assult on the Xenon core as soon as I get a combat fleet properly configured so watch for the AAR it should be a "BLAST"

Thanks for that information Gig! Very good to know. I was wondering how you get to those sectors in the map. I guess I can cheat now and do that as I dont wish to do the missions to find them. I would love to park the Tokyo and other fleet ships there, out of the way and secure. I may make another station HQ and put one there for them to dock at so they arent adrift everywhere....

I have a way of getting ships into the sim now, but havent made any to put in the sim. I was thinking of a people hauler with wings, similar to the Orion from 2001 a Space Odyssee. It would be cool watching those fly around the planets in AI traffic. They would look cooler then some of the present haulers, which I think look like trucks rather then nice airliners.. er... spaceliners..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Hey, has anyone tried to take out a Xenon Station yet? I'm two doors away from a Xenon sector, and wondering if anyone has had any success before I give it a try. I've got a load of missles just a cooking in their launch tubes lookin for a big fat target. LOL
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    Hey, has anyone tried to take out a Xenon Station yet? I'm two doors away from a Xenon sector, and wondering if anyone has had any success before I give it a try. I've got a load of missles just a cooking in their launch tubes lookin for a big fat target. LOL
    Funny you mention that. I built one tonight via the cheats. That Kaahk station is the size of a small planet... Its all honeycomb. You dont realise how huge it is. It has something like 4 or 6 city structures in it.

I ruined that small system putting that thing in there, lol.. arrgh.. How can I remove it???

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    Well, I got in about 3 to 3 1/2 hours flight time tonight in X3. Whewwwwwwwwwwww.....

Lost two Nemesis and one Heavy Nemesis in a huge battle in Heretics End, defending two different stations. Some great battles. I switched out of my fighter and into a Heavy Nemesis and started taking out ships, there were so many, lol... I called in Gold Wing, which is 5 fully decked out Nemesis ships. They got out the can of whooop-a** and did some mighty bad damage to the bad guys.. I tried to take a picture of the mess, lol..

I finally decided to take out that pirate base in Heretics End. Its a big black mess now.

I decided to leave Gold Wing there. Then went shopping for 2 more Heavy Nemesis and 2 more regular Nemesis ships. Got them all restocked, sent one back to Gold Wing, integrated it into the fleet, then sent the two HN's over to main HQ. I then went back to Heretics End and put in a small base. I purchased the Drone Factory and had Gold Wing park there so they have their own base of actions. I was going to get something basic and cheap just for the docking arms, but decided the drone factory was too cool looking. The Ion something something Forge is also one cool looking station. I accidentally added one of those too, lol.... (Couldnt help myself).

I wonder if the stations cost? Will they drag down my bank account?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    I have done the Xenon Core twice and took down the station and shipyard, I had a Gunbus with me to handle the fighters and keep them off my back, and I went for the Q's P's and then the stations. The Q's are hard but if you use the "Strafe the belly" tactic they can be taken out. The P's and XL's are a little faster so you have to stay sharp, but they will fall. The Shipyard was not well armed, but the lasers are accurate, I came at it several times form underneith and it went down or up in a BIG white flash. The station -looked like an HQ in a way, it is very well shielded and it took a long time, the key is to get rid of the big ships and the Shipyards so they don'e keep throwing fighters at you. I found the station seemed to be easiest from the upper side, I came in at about 45 degrees and pulled up just before I hit, I drained my lasers every pass. I do think a Mass Driver would help as it attacks the Hull directly and if combined with a good shield killer you can bring down any big ship quicker.

Now the Kahak, that is a different story, I have tried, and it wasn't pretty I went in with the Apricot version of the Vidar loaded for bear and took along a Gunbus as a wingman... lets just say I did manage to get back to the gate just barely and by the time I got home I was a mess. The last I saw of the Gunbus was a bright flash and flying parts as I hit the thrusters to get my butt out of there.

I am going to give it another go but I am taking a big boy (Battle Cruiser) and a fleet of disposable m4's to handle the hoards of fighters. I'll let you know how I make out IF i get back.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Sounds pretty awesome Mike...

The Kaahk base is bizzarro... What a creation. These guys that made X3 should be in a huge magazine writeup.. I would even conduct the interview.. Some amazing stuff.

Bill

I'll agree with you on that Bill...... they should have a magaine interview. I'd like to shake their hands for making one hell of a sim.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Well.................. Guess what..

I finally have been allowed to work in the Terran Sectors!

WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Tons of jobs in there, and some great paying Taxi flights. One was nearly 9 million...

All from helping defend that station 2 times in Heretics End. Nice! I had so many jobs that I had to pry myself from the screen, save, and exit as it was getting too late....

Some of the planets are just amazing. Wild to see the clouds of Jupiter in 3D. They are bump mapped in the game, so as they move accross the axis of the planet, their shading changes.. Very cool..

Bill

Congrats Bill. I was working some Terran missions and they are kool, I got off track tho, I am going to have to get back on the mission path and get the rep back.
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Freedom , everyone enjoys it, very few defend it. - If You Won't Stand Behind Our Troops then feel free to stand in front!

SOH-CM-2014
    Its wild.. Cool to see our own system worlds in there, jumping back and fourth from Mars to Jupiter to Pluto..

Near the end of my game evening, I decided to create a cheat station for my ships to park at when needed. I made the large Water Purification Plant, Terran model. Very 'Star Fleet' looking, domed round thing with the docks in the center. Love it... After placing it there, I thought I might hear some grumblings from the Terran government, but nothing yet..

Does anyone know what the Kiper belt is? :d

Bill

Bill, is that how you get to see the Terran sectors? They don't show on Scorp's map, so I've been wondering where they were or if they were left out of the AMS mod. And that's the only map I've been using.

I've been working my way towards Heritic's End but got side tracked on a Patrol mission that netted over 4 million, from eliminating 35 Xenon ships.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Gary,

You need to get to Omicron Lyrae. From there, its straight north to Heretics End and then the Asteroid belt of Earth's system.

I had to go with a protection force for some Terran diplomats, and in that team, I was able to find the north gate to Heretics End. Its hidden in the Nebula.

Their stations are HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And very clean and modern looking. When you find Jupiter, Saturn, and Neptune jump points, you will freak out on how awesome the planets are. Jupiters rings spin in opposite directions. Look for that.

You're almost there man... Almost there...

EDIT: Also, the rings in the Terran system are 'Accellerators', not dimensional worm holes. They do not work the same. Their noise they make is different, and you can miss going through them if going too fast. If you have Free Jump installed in your X3, then you can jump to each sector in the Terran system. Regular Jump Drive will 'not' function in the Terran system.... not..

Bill

Never heard of "Free Jump" Bill. Where do you buy that? Or should I say, acquire it.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Its a download in the great downloads list over at Egosoft.com forums. I love it. You can select a ship, and to bring it over to you, if it has no energy cells on board, you simply link to its autopilot, Nav/Free Jump/Fly to Sector *** /select a near point (me or a specific ship or station) and ZAPPP! it shows up in a moment.

Great for emergency Jumps when getting plastered by a Q ship and your shields just went down.

The cool thing about Free Jump is that you can jump to 'close proximity' of a object (station, ship, gate, etc). With regular Jump Drive, you only go to a gate location, and if you are moving in the direction of the gate, you go through it, which means you land out of a Jump into a sector and go straight into a wormhole jump to another sector, lol.... (I thought the game was malfunctioning when that would happen, but no.. ).

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    Tonight (last night now) I went out on some money runs, taking odd jobs. Tonight, nothing was over 100,000 credits. Really odd. The other night, I had many 1million and 9 million runs. I wonder if there is a 'tag' for a day where you have good runs and bad runs? I have seen this happen.

Anyways, something odd happens. I get a call that one of my ships was under attack at Mars. So I rush over there, figuring it is Xenon or Kaahk. Nope, its a Terran ship. I also get a message, I have lost notariaty. I find out the ship is a drone. Mine...

Well, I have no drones.

This has been an ongoing issue since I had this job chasing some guy over a month ago. I take this mission, follow this guy. I do, and he freaks out and starts following me everywhere and firing at my ships. If I fire back, the system comes after me. So one day, I take him out before the police can come to his rescue. Done.... Nope..

Now all these drones are appearing from no where. They seem to be able to hyper jump, and they can spawn. I have been shooting them down in Mars sector as ten of these dang things will appear and ruin my notoriaty with the Terran sector.

How on Earth can I get rid of these dang bugs? They are green, show as mine, and I have no idea where they are coming from...

I must have shot down 30 of them last night, and they just keep coming...

In the mean time, I kept checking on my new station, a large size terran ice refinery. Looks like a mini Star Fleet dome station. Very nice styling. Nice for a set of landing docks. :d

Bill, have ya got a link to the Free Jump you're using, or what is it named as? I can't find it in the list. Thanks.

BTW... try the missions where you're asked to eliminate an escaped convict. Some of those will net you beaucoup credits. Same as the Patrol Sector missions. Some ships eliminated will pay over 400.000 credits. Get a few of those and you're rolling in credits.

I've had a couple of missions to transport a person to a station in another sector and they refused to ride in my Vidar. LOL I say... "Then walk!" and abort the misson. :d
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Roger that Gary.

I'll search for that Jump addon later this evening. Its one great thing to have. You can 'free-jump' ships to you as well.

Roger that on missions. Sometimes I find some very very nice paying runs.

Bill

SOH-CM-2014
    ....alls quiet on the western front.....

Galaxy Sats reporting common traffic. HQ station running smoothly. All freighters in the fleet running well with their freight.

Bill

I've found the Free Jump Bill... finally. come to find out I wasn't looking in the right place, but I am now. LOL

Question. Which version are you using.... Free "FreeJump"- v1.3, no credits; or "Free Jump"-v1.4, costing you credits?
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Gary... I totally forgot. Man, I was working on things and had a late night.. arrgh.

You know, I think I have 1.3. I heard 1.4 came out later, and I didnt care for money losses, lol.. I have a new technology Jump Drive that no one else has. Yeah.... thats it.

Bill

No worries Bill. Like I said I finally found it. Helps if you look in the right place.

I'll install the Free_Jump v1.3 too. I don't like spending credits if I don't have to either. LOL

BTW... I salvaged a Xenon K and outfitted it at an equipment dock a few sectors back. Installled all the good stuff plus Jump Drive Just tried to get it to Attack All Enemies and that turned out to be a bust. So I've got it docked at the Teladi Shipyard in PTNI HQ sector, and looks like I'll sell it. It's value, including all of it's full cargo, I found out is.... 26,559,595 credits. Nice little profit as soon as I get back "in game". So if you find any, grab them up and sell them. It's a good turn around for a ship you can't use. And sell any Peregrines you salvaage too.... they aren't much good either.
    Gary -

SOH-CM-2014
    Dang!!! That is some good money!

I think I just became a K salesman! lol...

Thanks for the heads up Gary.

Bill

Loke you Bill, I'm not one to pass up a good credit score.
    Gary -

And speaking of credits...... have I got a way to score big on them. More to come soon on that, with a bunch of patrol Logs.
    Gary -

Well folks I have been grounded for a couple of weeks and it has been pure h€ll... I finally got back into space Friday night for a bit, and realized I was away just too long, I went through my property list and it was just nuts, I have been picking up abandoned ships and capping a few then just sending them off to park at the nearest safe station. I had close to 200 ships and no idea how to manage a fleet that size, and squeeze in some stick time while doing it... Sooo I have been liquidating the excess, I started moving everything to the closest shipyard and selling off anything I did not have an immidate use for. Made some good money in the process, and hopefully I will end up with a manageable fleet when I am done.

I have been fixing up the better freighters and putting them to work right away, I actually have 4 Universe Traders doing quite nicely. I had 5 then one poor guy strayed into a Terran Sector and got himself wasted! I have now got a couple of M3's travelling with each assigned to protect the traders, and the Fleet management software keeps the escorts supplied with missles so they seen to be self supporting and are working out nicely.

I still have far to many clunkers to manage so the liquadition continues, and when I get down to a managable fleet I am going to pick up the plot line again. Things are coming together though, I have a new HQ tucked away in the empty "Unknown Terran Sector" I found and an equipmnet dock so I have a nice safe place to park the keepers. I also have a "Rapid Reaction Team" to call in when things get intense, 2 Heavy Centars (armed to the teeth) and a carrier with a full fighter wing ready for action. I keep the RRT as Gold Wing and just order them to jump to any Hot Spot and "Attack All Enemies". I am thinking of putting together a cleanup wing as well to jump in after the dirty work is done and collect any leftovers, there are generally quite a collection of missles and other good salvage left after Gold Wing does it's thing.

Well back to the grind, I have another 40 or so clunkers to fix up and off load, too bad there was not something like eBay around here, maybe we need an "Xbay" script to auction off surplus ships...
    Regards,
    Mike "Ears Hopin" P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]