Goodspeed Airport - Beta Release

Thread: Goodspeed Airport - Beta Release

Goodspeed Airport - Beta Release

Well after a few weeks of work I decided to release an early version of Goodspeed Airport in East Haddam, Ct. This beta represents basically the "light" version of the final scenery and is fully functional; just not as complete as I'd like for final release, it just takes me too long to ever declare anything truly "finished."

Anyways, the beta is available at my website here

I may release more beta versions of other airports and such, as allot of stuff is about 80%-90% completed and is just gathering dust on my HD.

Enjoy,

Dustin Mosher
    Dustin Mosher

www.dmosher.info
    FS2004 Sceneries, Repaints and the like

Thanks for the Goodspeed scenery Dustin....Beta or not, I like it. Small GA airport, nestled in a picturesque location.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Dustin, I love airports like these!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Great! I'll give it try tonight. Thanks, Mike

Thank you, Dustin!

Nice job on the scenery Dustin, had no issues myself ...

see this post , bottom of the page, to see some of my screenshots ...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=26217

Thanks very Much again! Mike :ernae:

Free stuff is always welcome!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks Dustin!

Huub

adhockey
    Dustin, whatever came of Port Angeles CGAS? I saw the screenies on your site, but nothing in the downloads section.

adhockey, there seems to be a fatal error of sorts in my mesh for the peninsula, the "Ediz Hook", whenever you fly within 100 yards of a certain vertex, the game crashes to desktop, I had tried for a while to fix it, but ultimately concluded i'd have to redo an entire part of the peninsula from scratch and at the time that was more work than I could commit to, but I may revive it, since, beside that, the scenery is very close to being finished. I really want to finnish it, as it is such a unique base. I have learned some more techniques in GMAX since then, so I'd like to use them as well before I release it.

Thanks for showing interests, that's what keeps these projects alive!

Dustin Mosher
    Dustin Mosher

www.dmosher.info

You have some very nice scenery packages on your website! I too hope to see the Port Angeles CGAS come to life. Someone I know used to work there, and I have been there numerous times as a child.
    Keep up the good work!

Some screens of the textures progressing, I am woking on making the grass more "High Definition" as well as trying to prefect the color a bit more.

MORE SCREENSHOTS

Hopefully I'll get some more WIP shots of Port Angeles up as well.

Dustin
    Dustin Mosher

www.dmosher.info

Nice work Dustin on this scenery so far - look forward to updates. Additionally I found some other great flightsim stuff on your web pages too (see screenshots). For those who are interested the 2Q5 scenery can be found in the scenery section and the Bell 206 repaint can be found in the repaint section.
    Thanks Dustin! :ernae::ernae::ernae:
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Beautiful work Dustin ... man, don't stop ... this is great! :ernae:
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Version 0.2 beta Released

Available Here

Things Fixed:
    -Aerial Imagery now complete (no wayward water border)
    -Night Textures corrected
    -Runway Textures better blended

New Stuff
    -More buildings finished
    -Christmas Lights (November-December)
    -Autogen for aerial imagery
    -Parking spots for AI
    -General increase in details

Thanks and Happy Flying

Dustin Mosher
    Dustin Mosher

www.dmosher.info

Quote Originally Posted by adhockey View Post
    Dustin, whatever came of Port Angeles CGAS? I saw the screenies on your site, but nothing in the downloads section.
    I'm wondering the same. Looks like a nice project. And fairly close to me.

http://web.mac.com/davidmosher1/Flig...te_Feb_09.html

Spent a few hours on Port Angeles this past weekend, fixed the crash problem (i think) but now when I go to export I get an error in GMAX stating "At least one sub material slot is unused" :isadizzy: but I will not give up! Sorry no recent screenies though. I may just end up rebuilding the whole peninsula portion, I've learned a ton more about GMAX since I built it. However, Finals are this week, so focus on FS is bit low, but I will try to pick up as quick as possible once I get home on break!:salute:

But to tide you by, here are some semi-recent shots
    Dustin Mosher

www.dmosher.info

I've been out there several times over the years. It's pretty neat out there on the end. Cod, bass, snapper, ling..and everything else that bit the hook. I'd love to see you get it completed!!

Not rushing. Real life has priorities. An update every now and then would be great though.

:ernae:

I would really love to see you finish the Port Angeles scenery, I do a lot of flying out of KCLM....

Members who have read this thread: 0