Water found on the moon!

Thread: Water found on the moon!

Water found on the moon!

I'm surprised no one else has posted this yet. Here's a link to the AP news story.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...-v66AD9BV10180
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Pretty cool news,

Thanks for the heads up Craig.

From water, we can have oxygen..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Also from water, . . .

you can electrolytically split off hydrogen. Both the hydrogen and oxygen can be compressed into liquid form - and with the two, you have rocket fuel. Zoom, zoom!

Yippie...there's water on the moon. Won't be long before some egghead finds a way to bottle it and make a fortune off it. Moon Water...a taste that is out of this world.

I have a lot of other comments about the discovery of water on the moon, but they are all pretty political...and all negatively so.....so I will keep them to my self.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    Yippie...there's water on the moon. Won't be long before some egghead finds a way to bottle it and make a fortune off it. Moon Water...a taste that is out of this world.
    LMAO, leave it to you to come up with something that.

Let's go do some terraforming. I want to see and make fun of overweight, badly dressed tourists posing right next to Eagle, Intrepid and all the other descend stages left there. :d

It'll never happen. There is already a "Friends Of The Moon" ecological movement after the recent LCROSS "bombing" mission. I'm sure down the road they will want to protect the ecological and historical nature of the Moon. Mining for water will have to be done by permit, with an ecological impact study done first, yadda yadda yadda...

http://www.space.com/news/091106-lcr...-protests.html
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Thumbs up

Eggheads??!! Wow. A lot of bright, talented, and people have been working on that mission and others, over the past decade, trying to answer a question that has huge implications for the future exploration of the solar system, for if there’s water on the moon, the prospects for building a base that can sustain itself are much greater. And if we can build a base on the moon, the future of exploration throughout the solar system suddenly looks much brighter. You see, with water we can extract hydrogen and oxygen, nit to mention being able to drink it. Water is heavy, see, if we don’t have to take our water supply with us… Oh what's the use? The best we can say, I guess, is that they are just a bunch of eggheads and idiots with pocket protectors. Heck, they probably read books too. Morons. Good at math too, I’ll bet. Dweebs!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

SOH-CM-2024

I have a lot of other comments about the discovery of water on the moon, but they are all pretty political...and all negatively so.....so I will keep them to my self.

OBIO
    I don't care as long as they ferment it first!

Caz

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Eggheads??!! Wow. A lot of bright, talented, and people have been working on that mission and others, over the past decade, trying to answer a question that has huge implications for the future exploration of the solar system, for if there’s water on the moon, the prospects for building a base that can sustain itself are much greater. And if we can build a base on the moon, the future of exploration throughout the solar system suddenly looks much brighter. You see, with water we can extract hydrogen and oxygen, nit to mention being able to drink it. Water is heavy, see, if we don’t have to take our water supply with us… Oh what's the use? The best we can say, I guess, is that they are just a bunch of eggheads and idiots with pocket protectors. Heck, they probably read books too. Morons. Good at math too, I’ll bet. Dweebs!

LOLOLOLOL......

Sounds like PRB is one of THEM!!!!!! lololol...

This is awesome news..

That would be cool if the Lunar base could be self supporting.. I hadnt thought of a self supported base before. I think you would still need food though, unless the base had a section that grew things like veggies and all, hydroponics.. You would also need Internet and Cable.. Thats a must..

.... just kidding. :d
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Won't be long before some egghead finds a way to bottle it and make a fortune off it. Moon Water...a taste that is out of this world.

OBIO
    I suggest you copyright that phrase before someone else does. It could make you some money someday.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    It'll never happen. There is already a "Friends Of The Moon" ecological movement after the recent LCROSS "bombing" mission. I'm sure down the road they will want to protect the ecological and historical nature of the Moon. Mining for water will have to be done by permit, with an ecological impact study done first, yadda yadda yadda...

http://www.space.com/news/091106-lcr...-protests.html
    Oh come on, the moon is nothing but dust, water and rocks. And mostly grey. Why not making it a bit greener?

(No offense to you up there. You're doing a tremendous job with those tides and insomniacs and stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post

(No offense to you up there. You're doing a tremendous job with those tides and insomniacs and stuff!)

and let's not leave out the lunatics

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    and let's not leave out the lunatics
    :ernae:

We should like, go find all the people who worked on that project and like, give them all wedgies. And stuff. That would be so awesome! I’d be like, ROTFLing for days. Come on!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2