David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

harleyman
    If you don't have this one..

GET IT....Plain and simple.....Its GREAT !

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    dswo,

Yep, I'm getting that puppy as I type :ernae:

Woohoo!
    I've been looking at this one awhile. Great deal, thanks for the HU!
    "The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." Manfred von Richthofen

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    dswo,

Yep, I'm getting that puppy as I type :ernae:
    Me too :ernae:
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Hi all,

I'd like to jump in on this deal, but before I do, I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer for me. I've never used PC Aviator before, so I was wondering if they their own 'wrapper' like Flight1's? Also, how are reloads handled through them if there are updates released for the plane? I know I've never had a problem downloading, updating and installing the Kodiak through the Flight1 wrapper system, and I just want to be sure that purchaing through PC Aviator also allows for this as well, whenever the aircraft needs to be updated or reinstalled.

Thanks for any info.
    OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch and Multi Panels, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

You just rerun the installer no online act.
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks for the heads up David.

(Just found out). :d

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Its a rediculously good price. Gets you a speeder in three types of outerwear.

For those that have OS64 systems, you may need to 'direct' the installer to your FS folder.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Seadog
    Quote Originally Posted by DB93 View Post
    Hi all,

I'd like to jump in on this deal, but before I do, I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer for me. I've never used PC Aviator before, so I was wondering if they their own 'wrapper' like Flight1's? Also, how are reloads handled through them if there are updates released for the plane? I know I've never had a problem downloading, updating and installing the Kodiak through the Flight1 wrapper system, and I just want to be sure that purchaing through PC Aviator also allows for this as well, whenever the aircraft needs to be updated or reinstalled.

Thanks for any info.
    George - Once your purchase is processed, you get at least two emails. One is a full receipt, while the other contains a link to download the product, the reverse of how Flight 1 handles it where you download first and purchase second through the wrapper. The link is good for 720 hours. There is no free place to get a re-download of the identical product that you bought after that link expires. Somewhere on their site is a description of how to purchase the right to re-download the same product. It costs $2.95 if bought along with the product and $7.95 if bought later. If the product requires a license key serial number, you get a third email containing that information.

When an updated version is released, and after PC Aviator has a few days to begin to make it available, you can contact Customer Service by email and specify the product and your order number, and they will give you a new link, also good for 30 days, to download the full updated product. I've obtained new downloads of updated products every time I've asked. They told me they can make patches available the same way, but I haven't ever had to ask them for any.

Most products can be updated directly from the website for the product. Lately, William Ortis has been making upgrade patches available on his Lionheart Creations website, having recently done so for the Kodiak and the Epic. This allows you to get just the changed elements of the particular design, a smaller download, and bypass even the minor bother of having to contact the reseller and wait for a reply. According to their recorded telephone message, PC Aviator has Monday through Thursday office hours, for example.

If you download from PC Aviator and save a copy to a CD or DVD, you can reinstall without re-contacting them over the internet. Products that require license key serial numbers would still require that data to be entered, but it wouldn't require contacting PC Aviator. Hope that answers your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Carter View Post
    You just rerun the installer no online act.
    Thanks for the information, and sorry if this is a stupid question, but does re-running the installer download newer versions of the aircraft should an updated version become available?

If I've read their page correctly, it states that they send you a unique download code that is only good for 7 days. Now I know that I can buy it, download it, install it, and back it up to disk for reinstallation later, so 7 days is more than enough time to download it. My question is about what happens when and if Lionheart updates the plane? Do they send out a new link to download the updated version that we can then install using our existing serial number? Or are we essentially 'stuck' with whatever version the plane was when we bought it?

With the Flight1 wrapper, whenever a newer version of the Kodiak is released, I can just redownload the Flight1 wrapper version through Lionheart's site, input my registration/purchase information, and the new version installs. I just want to be sure that purchasing from them isn't going to lock me out of any potential updates that Lionheart may make in the future.

Thanks again, for any information on this.
    OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch and Multi Panels, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

Seadog,

Thank you, that was the information I was looking for. I wanted to be sure there was a method in place for being able to get updates.

Obviously, I type slowly as your post wasn't there when I started typing my last response. lol. I feel more confident about buying from them now, and will be picking this up post-haste.

Thanks again everyone.

Just finished taking the tri-wheel for a quick flight, and I LOVE it! The engine sounds and vc are fantastic, and taxiing around (at least in the tri-wheel) made me feel like I was speeding around the airport in a little MG. lol.

Great plane, and an amazing price. Thanks for the heads-up and for the other information.

Anyone who doesn't have the Tailwind package as yet, this is the time to get it! This is one of the best GA available for FsX and the many repaints available must make it one of the most repainted GA aircraft in FsX!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks Roger,

Thats very kind of you.

Just finished taking the tri-wheel for a quick flight, and I LOVE it! The engine sounds and vc are fantastic, and taxiing around (at least in the tri-wheel) made me feel like I was speeding around the airport in a little MG. lol.

Great plane, and an amazing price. Thanks for the heads-up and for the other information.

George,

Thanks to Milton for the ground handling and some other bits of the airfile tuning. Milton was telling me some cool little things to do for the planes to handle better on the ground.

A plane like that should be pretty fast and nimble on the ground.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014

With the Flight1 wrapper, whenever a newer version of the Kodiak is released, I can just redownload the Flight1 wrapper version through Lionheart's site, input my registration/purchase information, and the new version installs. I just want to be sure that purchasing from them isn't going to lock me out of any potential updates that Lionheart may make in the future.

Thanks again, for any information on this.

George,

I 'wish' the Installers did this. Presently, they only install what you download. They do not contact HQ and request updates, not even Flight1. You 'must' redownload the Flight1 installer as well when doing a 'full' and complete update.

I have started doing mini updates when I can. Look in the Updates sections of each plane on my website for any mini-updates.

Bill

Hi Lionheart,

yeah, I didn't think the installers worked that way, but I hadn't purchased through pcaviator before, so was concerned about the download link being for a limited time only. After Seadog explained that they would provide a new link in the case of product updates (specifically), and that they wouldn't keep charging me to get a new, updated version any time an update becomes available. I do like the mini-updates, though, as they make my initial concerns a non-issue.

Thanks again.

Here's a couple of shots showing a recent repaint from grunau_baby

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH-CM-2014
    Hi Lionheart,

yeah, I didn't think the installers worked that way, but I hadn't purchased through pcaviator before, so was concerned about the download link being for a limited time only. After Seadog explained that they would provide a new link in the case of product updates (specifically), and that they wouldn't keep charging me to get a new, updated version any time an update becomes available. I do like the mini-updates, though, as they make my initial concerns a non-issue.

Thanks again.
    George, and anyone else. Just see me if you have any problems whatsoever. I always have workarounds.

When working with PCA and SimMarket, just explain that you need the new updates.

I have now started doing many of my updates in mini update packs do they do not have to usually be approached. Only huge updates will require redownloads.

Nice pics Roger!

The Abarth, painted by an owner somewhere in Germany that has a computer FILLED with Fiat and Lancia and Ferrari 'car show girls!!!!' :d

Bill

Get this plane now!!! It is the best buy of all the many, many payware planes I have bought. 8 bucks is unbelievable for an addon aircraft of this incredible quality. And it is a ball to "fly".
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Great VC, Lionheart.

The 0-100mph acceleration is a bit incredible, is that accurate?

The more I fly this plane, the more I love it. After buying it and flying it around abit, I think it's safe to say that I think it's more than worth the regular price of $20 for any GA buff. At $8, this is an absolute steal! Only a few hours left to jump on this deal, so stop reading this and go buy yourself a great plane at an even better price before time runs out!!

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerb59 View Post
    Great VC, Lionheart.

The 0-100mph acceleration is a bit incredible, is that accurate?
    It seems ridiculous, (ridiculous speed; Space Balls the movie), but if you go to YouTube, there are a couple of shots of Tailwinds taking off, and they do the same thing, and they are the real deal. So I guess they would accelerate a bit fast. Figure its a tiny plane with a big engine on the front. Its not going to accelerate like a 172.

Bill

Not only is it a great plane, but it comes with a free iPod!... oh yeah, and lunch! How could you ask for more? Yesterday, my real lunch cost more than this WONDERFUL add-on.
    "I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy"

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks for a wonderful sim experience. Flying into Merced with the Ipod blasting was great.

Keep up the great work. Beautiful aircraft at a resonable price can't be beat.

God bless you

Bob

Members who have read this thread: 0