DC-3 Search

Thread: DC-3 Search

DC-3 Search

Aside from the default DC-3 are there any others (that work in FSX) that anyone can suggest? Freeware is what I'm looking for, but payware isn't completely out of the picture either.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Maybe im not a DC-3 expert.... but whats wrong with the stock DC-3?
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth P67
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4GHz
    GPU: XFX GTX 470 1280MB, 607/1215/3350MHz
    Sound: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3, 1866MHz CL9
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 320GB
    FSX HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 250GB

Quote Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
    Maybe im not a DC-3 expert.... but whats wrong with the stock DC-3?
    Nothing at all really, I was just looking for variety, that's all.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I think MAAM DC-3 should work in FSX, although it's a port.

There's excellent "Awesome 4some" model pack for default:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0wzTqyMD88

And last time I heard OzX guys were doing their Redux thing to default DC-3.

I like Maam with a little texture mod hehe.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    go to dc3airways.com they have lots of goodies for the DC3,Defalt and Maam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my stock DC3 VCtextures, cant up load them though, would be steppin on some copy right texture toes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Theres a great freeware addon pack available at flightsim.com

Download and try this, I love it personally. It gives you 3 new models (DC-3 normal, DC-3 Viewmaster, DC-3 cargo, and LC-47) and some new Hi res textures!
    Requires default installation of the DC3.
    Get it here --- >>> as4sumje.zip

Regards Pete!

(Edit having just actually read the thread, Pekka has suggested this one already, mines just from flightsim.com and not simviation)

Wow Marvin that is a pretty nice setup you have for the default DC-3. It is to bad you can't upload them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    And model pack can be obtained here:

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/sy...awesum4sum.zip
    Pekka, Would you like a paint challenge for this please. Wild Bill did the Fs9 recent Buffalo famed CYZF airlines. Could use a few in FSX native flavers and one on Ski's please. I just saw a buffalo DC-3 today leave fitted with ski's.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

With the addon both me and Pekka suggested the Vc is fine, here take a look!

Here a shot of the aircraft the LC47 from the outside also ...

Regards Pete!

The one thing I did not like about the awesum4sum was the odd thing they did with the nose. Seems their DC-3's have an oval shaped air intake (I guess that's what it's supposed to be, but seems to me MS thinks it's a landing light, then again I haven't seen many DC-3's with anything in the nose), otherwise I liked their stuff.

MAAMSim has a patch file to make their C-47 work in FSX and they are working on a fully upgraded FSX version of the C-47 and their B-25J. Last I heard the C-47 had the top priority, but with all things at MAAMSim it seems to take them an eternity to finish a project.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Blog Entries
    We are currently working on Briefing Time right now. It will be a very convincing port-over until a true native FSX model can be done. Still some cockpit work to be done in making switches clickable.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Clickable VC switches would be great, maybe even give us a full set of switches to control the various lights and generators. I loved the B-25J in FS9 and also have it working in FSX via the patch file. Looking forward to a fully functional FSX B-25J from the MAAM team.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.