OT: I'll Have the Camel With a Bit of Tripe Please

Thread: OT: I'll Have the Camel With a Bit of Tripe Please

OT: I'll Have the Camel With a Bit of Tripe Please

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Very cool. What sim is this? FSX?

LT1

More Camel cockpit

Me and the boys
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

the latest patch - 1.008 - has really made a difference on my rig - better looking terrain, better flight models, etc...

I don't fly online so I can't speak to MP - but for me this update has been a plus

and neoqb says the 1.009 is near release (by the end of the year) with even more improvements

the Camel and all other aircraft cost just $7.62 US dollars
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Oh, man, it's been a while since I had the chance to load RoF. Looks like it's time to go shootin' again.

That "fading" of autogen into the terrain is darn clever!

harleyman
    I really like the earth colors ....

I'm currently doing a camel for FSX...the model is nearly complete....just have to texture the crap out of it.

Finally a combat sim which looks as good as FS!

Huub

Great sim. I almost give up with FSX at the moment. I have always been a fan of WW1 aviation. My first sims were RedBaron and RedBaron II/3D where I spent about 6 years in multiplayer mode. Finally switched to this one in July and I like it very much.
    I fly mostly in multiplayer and iam waiting for the SDK which should be relased at the beginning of 2010 to create some additional stuff as this game will accept community made addons.

Just bought Rise of Flight too Lukasz...this thing is amazing looking and the flight dynamics are superb.

it just keeps getting better and better...
    enter..the Sandman

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Nice sim... being that I don't currently own rudder pedals... I have to pass.... those machines are a pain to fly while twisting the joystick for rudder control.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

I have only an old Sidewinder II - no rudder pedals - no TiR...

between those two I think I'd sooner get the TiR for this sim.

yes- it is difficult to coordinate turns with a twisty while in combat - and even more so using only the hat switch to maintain SA - but its just that added level of difficulty that makes it so much more interesting
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    it just keeps getting better and better...
    Wow, nice looking towns!

That really rocks!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Blutwurst View Post
    Just bought Rise of Flight too Lukasz...this thing is amazing looking and the flight dynamics are superb.
    Although I had seen it on the internet, I was not yet convinced I should buy it. But when I was at the FSweekend in Lelystad one of the Russian developers gave demonstrations. He constantly had a huge crowd watching Rise of Flight on a big screen.

The Russian guy was very friendly and did not stop before he had shown us (Jan Kees and me) all the amazing damage models. We were both sold and had to sell this beautiful sim! Although only 4 aircrafts are included it is enough for me at this moment (Nieuport 28, SPAD XIII, Albatros D.V and a Fokker D.VII).

It is definitely a real combat flight sim. Flying these unreliable kites is already a challenge, but surviving an encouter with a Nieuport or SPAD is still impossible for me. So far my total score is just one balloon and I needed almost all my ammunition to bring it down :isadizzy:

I will need quite some practice before I can challenge Lucas on line :d

However bridges don't scare me

Cheers,
    Huub

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Nice screens Huub!

So far I only did a few training missions, but I think it looks pretty good already. The training videos are of lesser quality and even kinda annoying though; the voices sound like they are done with a computer voice or something like that.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Did you talk about damage models?

@ Huub: just take a look here http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewto...fdef6db578aeb5

<http: riseofflight.com="" forum="" viewtopic.php?f="112&t=4365&sid=a87ba383fb0cf0846c fdef6db578aeb5"></http:>

Rgr, those FF_ guys are Dutch and have own cyber squadron.
    In multiplayer it is all about smoothness. If you will get steady 50-70 fps, it will be fine I decreased mine ones to minimum (except the texture resolution), but it runs fine. In SP however, I turn on the shadows and reflections.

A general note to the Nvidia card users: turn off the PhysX! The game does not support it and turning it off will make it perform better.
    @ I fly as a Lucas_1Esk in MMP Mostly in SPAD S.XIII. My favourite bird in RoF, even though I bought all of them. Just love her speed, dive and climb ability.