More FSX payware without a VC?

Thread: More FSX payware without a VC?

More FSX payware without a VC?

A new Yak-40.......Well, it does not mention a VC in the blurb and with an 8mb DL, I am guessing it does not have any sounds either! At least the price is not too steep.

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_i...oducts_id=2334

Home page http://www.dbsim.com/ seems you are correct. Unusual not to have a VC.

No virtual cockpit (must be fully functional too) equals no sale for me.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

sorry im not a fan of them anyway after the poor support i got for walk n follow, im staying clear of these guys

Why do they do it, no vc its a joke to me, in this day and age!

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    sorry im not a fan of them anyway after the poor support i got for walk n follow, im staying clear of these guys
    The FSX Active Cam .. yip , nah , nothing like AC , the setup issues , i have my own stories ..
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I remember when I had first started making planes. I didnt do the VC's. I didnt know how, nor couldnt fathom doing things like switches, let alone arm rests, latches, gauge faces. Its like making a ship in a bottle. Here you have to figure out how to make things 'in' the fuselage you just created.

Someone finally talked me into making a plane with a basic VC. From there, VC's slowly started getting easier.

I was glad that Ito-Sahn finally started making VC's. So much you can do with them. But its a big hurdle for designers when you 'cross over' into VC territory. Almost a fear, lol...

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I remember when I had first started making planes. I didnt do the VC's. I didnt know how, nor couldnt fathom doing things like switches, let alone arm rests, latches, gauge faces. Its like making a ship in a bottle. Here you have to figure out how to make things 'in' the fuselage you just created.

Someone finally talked me into making a plane with a basic VC. From there, VC's slowly started getting easier.

I was glad that Ito-Sahn finally started making VC's. So much you can do with them. But its a big hurdle for designers when you 'cross over' into VC territory. Almost a fear, lol...

Bill
    its also one of the hardest things to find info
    on older planes
    but i have to have one myself now
    never thought i would say that
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

For me a good VC is even more important than exterior.

I can tolerate flying without a vc, but I very much prefer using a vc instead of a 2d panel. It's kind of weird, but these days, I may download the occasional freeware plane without a vc, but I really feel like I can't justify *purchasing* an aircraft that doesn't have a vc. It just feels like the plane isn't 'finished' to me. Just my opinion.
    OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch and Multi Panels, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

Quote Originally Posted by empeck View Post
    True.

It's incomprehensible to me how one can just disregard making a VC nowadays.

P.S: "Too much work" doesn't count as an excuse.

dhl1986
    +1

It is rare that I even switch to a third person view unless I am in a low-wing and trying to get a view of something below me. A mediocre external model I can live with, but the VC has to be top notch.

A2A, Lotus Sim, and Real Air crank out the most polished addons available for the same price as the other guys... if the competition expects to have a snowballs chance in hell of staying competitive, they need to consider stepping their game up.

How about this one? Would this be the same as the Alphasim C17?

http://irissimulations.com/catalog/p...958d11a814234a
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Thats the teaser for the C-27. At least Iris advertised the word and also didnt forget to mention WIP and Im sure David wont forget the VC or flop like some. I have 110% confidence in Iris and David and Team. Matter in fact im going to purchase the tease, why they were honest and truth in there Advertising and also I want a C-27J in Canada SAR.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Thats the teaser for the C-27. At least Iris advertised the word and also didnt forget to mention WIP and Im sure David wont forget the VC or flop like some. I have 110% confidence in Iris and David and Team. Matter in fact im going to purchase the tease, why they were honest and truth in there Advertising and also I want a C-27J in Canada SAR.
    True. And they don't charge the full-price for a WIP product.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am not sure I approve of developers selling half completed models, even as a taster!

Anticipation (and good screen shots) always make a purchase more exciting for me, when the final product is ready. Good job car manufacturers don't make FS add-ons too! I will await the full Spartan with a nice VC!!!

Captain Sim has done this for a long time, cheap outside model and then all insides......well its a way of marketing. I agree with CG_1976 about Iris, they will come out with a good VC for the C-27, their models are tops....For Twelve Baloogas the teaser is not bad....but I would prefer seeing the VC right away with the model like so many others do......

I'm just a freeware developer, but I would be ashamed if I'd release half finished aircraft...

Personally i would not pay one cent for a plane without VC.
    Its like buying a Big Mac without the meat in it.
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth P67
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4GHz
    GPU: XFX GTX 470 1280MB, 607/1215/3350MHz
    Sound: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3, 1866MHz CL9
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 320GB
    FSX HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 250GB

Quote Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
    Personally i would not pay one cent for a plane without VC.
    Its like buying a Big Mac without the meat in it.
    There's meat in Big Mac's, when did they start doing that ?

I agree with a lot of others here, no VC = no sale.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Same here. I mean, if it was a FS2002 or FS9 plane, perhaps... but a FSX plane... and payware too ? Seriously...

Members who have read this thread: 0