Forceware 195.39 released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forceware 195.39 released

Retired SOH Administrator

Forceware 195.39 released

I posted a thread in the Toy room. These drivers were released this morning ( beta ) and then pulled by Nvidia and re-released. I went ahead and installed them to see what I can scew up. First thing I noticed was an increase in FPS and also when flying a jet the ground stayed more crisp and clear. They are ssssssssssmooth and no jumping. I am using Window7/64/ you can read up on them over at Guru3d. Most of the guys are very impressed with them which is a first...lol.BTW, if you install them and they catch your house,car and yard on fire, reinstall your old ones and call 911...Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Thanks for the HU Mike.....I just loaded them into XP with an 8800GT 512 Mb GPU and seem to have higher FPS too using DG's Hunter over the default Friday Harbor.

I was getting a smooth 30 FPS dropping to mid 20's in places running REX2 (+ REX2 real weather), FPS limiter, Tex Max Load Editor and nHancer.
    Larry

Ditto, Installed, fsx is definatly running smoother, Thanks for the HU.

Bill

Vista 64 Ultimate
    quad 9650 o/clocked to 4.0
    4 gigs ram
    water cooled

Best driver to date!!!!!...smooth flying and a definite increase in fps....keeping it and loading it tomorrow in my new GTX 275 which just arrived......:mixedsmi:

Does nHancer work OK with that driver? And if so, what version is needed?

Paul ( still running 181.22 with Nhancer 2.4.2 )

USS Dewey DLG-14, ET"C" School Treasure Island-Instructor, OASU/VX-8 Aircrewman

Can't Install

Trying to install this new driver, but I get the error message that the nVidea Control Panel cannot be installed and the program is reverting back to the last driver that worked...Any ideas? Thanks,

Steve
    US Army Medical Department
    Retired Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyBaron View Post
    Does nHancer work OK with that driver? And if so, what version is needed?

Paul ( still running 181.22 with Nhancer 2.4.2 )
    It works great here....running nHancer 2.5.7
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by LTCSZ View Post
    Trying to install this new driver, but I get the error message that the nVidea Control Panel cannot be installed and the program is reverting back to the last driver that worked...Any ideas? Thanks,

Steve
    Did you uninstall the previous video drivers, reboot, install the new drivers and reboot again?
    Larry

Oops...No, I just tried to run the .exe install file as downloaded...How do I remove the old driver? Thanks...

Steve

On XP or Vista (or even Win7)??????????

For XP go to Start\Set Program Access and Defaults\Change or Remove Programs.

Then scroll down to nVidia and click on 'nVidia Drivers' then click the 'Change/Remove' button.

Be aware that when the old ones are removed it will want to reboot and when it does it will come back at 800x600 resolution (as it has no video drivers) so it will look odd and all your desktop shortcuts will look huge.

Install the new drivers and reboot and you should be good to go apart from sorting out all your shortcuts as they will all be clumped together if you had them arranged in any way before.

I can't help with Vista or Win7 as my daughter has my Vista laptop at the moment and I can't remember the exact steps for that off the top of my head.
    Larry

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Ah does anyone have a link to these drivers as they peak my interest for scientific review please. Anothwards my Nuclear Athon Machine is hungry.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Chad (PAAQ)

I hope this helps eliminate the jaggies/flickering. I had it good at one point,
    then them things showed up & haven't been able to kick 'em to the curb since.
    Chad (PAAQ)

dhl1986
    Just a warning for those using Rivatuner, these drivers are not compatible yet. The program will crash upon opening.

I stop using Rivatuner a while back and have had better luck with nHancer. Also for the ones having problems with this install. ya might wanna use a video driver cleaner >> http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D--...load-1655.html When you install this and use this in safe mode to remove the left over crap, this will stop any type of conflict when installing another driver. I lost all lag time with these which is something that has always driven me nuts.Has anyone noticed a difference in the water scenes. I also noticed a nice difference in my clouds. Hope others have noticed an improvement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

I see an performance improvement..somewhat.
    Them damn jaggies still there tho..grrr!
    Chad (PAAQ)

Hi Steve, this was posted over at Guru3d>>> My rivatuner would crash too with some of these drivers now. I just use the /build command on rivatuner and works fine again. Right click rivatuner shortcut and go to properties and add a space then put in /build on the end of the target. It will then rebuild its registry database and then remove it /build before you run it again......This should solve your problem...Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by LTCSZ View Post
    Trying to install this new driver, but I get the error message that the nVidia Control Panel cannot be installed and the program is reverting back to the last driver that worked...Any ideas? Thanks,

Steve

I'm sure most of you are aware but these are beta drivers, the real, fully tested versions haven't been released yet.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Chris, I said this in the first line of this thread that these were beta. My question here is what if the weren't beta and you had problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    I'm sure most of you are aware but these are beta drivers, the real, fully tested versions haven't been released yet.

did anyone switch from 191.07? i'm running those and everything is fine and dandy. so did anyone see an improvement from 191.07?

SOH-CM-2024
    Best drivers to date Mike, no issues whatsoever. Didn't even have to uninstall and reinstall nHancer as I often do when I install new nVidia drivers.

Definitely faster, in all programs, not just Flight Sim.

Recommended.

Caz

Be careful with 191.07 drivers, I had lots of problems, went out to Evga's forum and found this............http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=100961981
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

I had some of those problems once in a while but these 95's seem to have fixed that issue. I also tried these in CB2 ans CB3, plus Crysis....still seems to run better...Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    Be careful with 191.07 drivers, I had lots of problems, went out to Evga's forum and found this............http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=100961981

Thanks

Worked great...I'll report later on how FSX is running with the new drivers...Thanks a lot...

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    On XP or Vista (or even Win7)??????????

For XP go to Start\Set Program Access and Defaults\Change or Remove Programs.

Then scroll down to nVidia and click on 'nVidia Drivers' then click the 'Change/Remove' button.

Be aware that when the old ones are removed it will want to reboot and when it does it will come back at 800x600 resolution (as it has no video drivers) so it will look odd and all your desktop shortcuts will look huge.

Install the new drivers and reboot and you should be good to go apart from sorting out all your shortcuts as they will all be clumped together if you had them arranged in any way before.

I can't help with Vista or Win7 as my daughter has my Vista laptop at the moment and I can't remember the exact steps for that off the top of my head.

update from me. i tried the 195.39. i had noticeable worse performance in falcon 4:af and fsx.

just switched back to 191.07 - the performance is way better in both sims.

using 8800gts 512mb with win 7 x64.

Members who have read this thread: 0