It's Been a While, So It's A Little Dusty (And So Am I...) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Been a While, So It's A Little Dusty (And So Am I...)

Thanks for your effort. I've made some progress here, pouring through old magazines and books (I have a rather large library.) Found a layout of the interior from an old Wings magazine, and someone over on the FS2004 forum found a nice image of her nose, though not the angle I really would have liked. Making some progress, which is good, because civvies are not really my thing, so got to get this one out quick before I'm distracted (I've got a box on my desk from Montana that I'm desperately trying not to open 'til I get this done.....)

Paul

Paul

I have looked and looked for any images or information about the L-14 Super Electra's cockpit arrangement...and come up empty handed. There simply isn't any thing out there. A lot of the stuff on the over head panels is radio equipment, old style auto pilot stuff....stuff that is usually better placed on pop up windows within a sim for easier use. If it were me making this model, I would not worry about the over head stuff too much....when trying to replicate a historical plane in a sim with minimal information, that can't be helped.

I did some testing on your Mark III Chinese model..the newest one that you just uploaded. I was testing to see if it could be given reflective texturing for use in FS2002/2004..it can! Takes a bit of work, but nothing that 15 minutes of time won't take care of. One thing I did note however....the patches where you plugged in the holes from the turrets....they aren't mapped to the textures. IF this is something you can correct in the Super Electra, I for one would be very very grateful. The Super Electra will get some major tweaking and painting once I get my hands on it....these Lockheed twins look so good with polished aluminum skins.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Obio;

The way I did the turretless modification for the Chinese AF Hudson was to build a separate part called "turret plug" to fill the hole in the Hudson fuselage fuselage (as opposed to filling in the hole with polys then remapping.) The texture for the turret plug is "L14WSM.bmp" (it is mapped to the lower right hand corner.)

For the Super Electra, I've eliminated the turret hole (and also the bomb bay) from the model and remapped the textures, so that should make it easier to repaint.

As to cockpit controls and all that, VCs are not my strong suit. I'm just trying to gather the best info I can, then I'll take my best shot. I have a hard time telling an airspeed indicator from an altitude gauge - sometimes with less than hilarious results when I'm flying.

Just about done with the main model of the Super Electra, I'm just finishing up the cabin area now, then it is on to the LODs (which should go quick, as this is a conversion of the Hudson Mk I, which is already complete) then its on to the VC.....

Paul

Hi Paul,
    These might be a bit late, but I hope they are of some use to you. Keep up the great work.:ernae:

Laid low with the flu right now. Thought I was ready to get up, but my head says different. Will be a few days before I'm back at it, I fear....

Paul