Attention Kodiak Drivers; new Build; 2.6 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attention Kodiak Drivers; new Build; 2.6

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    CF is right. Look at the top of your 'aircraft.cfg' file (in Windows Notepad) and you should see "Build 2.6" on there.

Also, your 2D panel will have both Garmin screens showing, and your PFD screen 'Announcements' will now have water rudder and gear annunciator flags (when in Float Plane mode). And the Torque needle will now go to full redline.

If it didnt install, then you probably have FS in a diff drive location. Just run the installer again and direct it to your FS folder and click Install and you should be good to go..

Bill
    Bill

I was at work and had not installed the update, but I was also unsure if I had installed the previous update. So before I downloaded the update I wanted to see if I all ready had 2.5 installed or an earlier version.

I had 2.5 and upgrade installed with no problem.

Where can I find the donationware repaints? I want to donate just don't know how or where.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobayrasta View Post
    Bill

I was at work and had not installed the update, but I was also unsure if I had installed the previous update. So before I downloaded the update I wanted to see if I all ready had 2.5 installed or an earlier version.

I had 2.5 and upgrade installed with no problem.

Where can I find the donationware repaints? I want to donate just don't know how or where.

Hey Mobayrasta,

No worries. It would be cool to figure out a way to have a in-cockpit readout of which Kodiak you had. I'll have to see if thats possible.

I did a section on Roberts Photo Real Mega Pack on the Kodiak webpage at my site. Its here; www.lionheartcreations.com/Kodiak
    Just scroll down to the bottom and its right before the real photos section of Kodiaks. There is a sales link that has a little shopping cart painted yellow.

Robert needs a nice little webpage that shows everything so I can link people to it.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

JamesChams
    Mr. Bill "LionHeart,"

The Kodiak webpage with BananaBob's repaints listings look really nice.
    Its good to see developers come together nicely for mutual advantage on a nice project like this.

Also, I redownloaded the v2.6; do I still need to extract it to a TEMP location before the install?

Thanks, Amigo!

Mr. "BananaBob,"

Sent you a surprise in the mail; and, no, its NOT a "honey"! You can send me a link to my email which I'll PM to you shortly. Thanks a bunch for the photoreal paintjobs and the installer package to go with it. Look forward to you next projects. :ernae:

So, as you can imagine, without the damper field engaged, it literally pulls open a time space chasm or rip in the FS world, creating a temporary paradign rift which thank goodness only lasts until you turn off the said 'high bitmap' contained throttle quad, in which it will then let go of the chasm and the rip disappears....
    now that you say it, it seems totally obvious. i feel silly for even having asked

SOH-CM-2014
    Mr. Bill "LionHeart,"

The Kodiak webpage with BananaBob's repaints listings look really nice.
    Its good to see developers come together nicely for mutual advantage on a nice project like this.

Also, I redownloaded the v2.6; do I still need to extract it to a TEMP location before the install?

Thanks, Amigo!

James Chams

Hey James,

Only if you are trying to save repaint registries of past repaints. Then, (the fastest way) is to save your 'aircraft config' file on your desktop (a copy) and then run the updater and or the repaints super pack, and then add your older repaint registries onto your newest 'aircraft.cfg' file and then rewrite the number sequences so they are in order.

I know.. Alot to do.. By now, some of you must have 100 different repaints of the Kodiak (including the float planes). yikes...!

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Hey Mobayrasta,

No worries. It would be cool to figure out a way to have a in-cockpit readout of which Kodiak you had. I'll have to see if thats possible.
    Hey Lionheart, just thought I'd throw this out there, it may be useful, it may not, but just a suggestion for you.

Edit kodiak_ref.htm, and edit the line:

Ok, because the code I'm trying to post is HTML, the forum keeps processing it, even when enclosed in Code tags. I'm attaching a text file with the suggested changes.

Then, whenever you update, you can just change the number next to the word 'Build' (or version, whichever you prefer), and include the updated kodiak_ref.htm each time you update. Doing this would allow us to do a quick version check right through the kneeboard when we're already in-flight.

Just thought I'd mention this as a possible way to accomplish what you suggested, of being able to version check from the cockpit.

Hope this info is helpful in some way.

-George

OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch and Multi Panels, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

Quote Originally Posted by DB93 View Post
    Hey Lionheart, just thought I'd throw this out there, it may be useful, it may not, but just a suggestion for you.

Ok, because the code I'm trying to post is HTML, the forum keeps processing it, even when enclosed in Code tags. I'm attaching a text file with the suggested changes.

Then, whenever you update, you can just change the number next to the word 'Build' (or version, whichever you prefer), and include the updated kodiak_ref.htm each time you update. Doing this would allow us to do a quick version check right through the kneeboard when we're already in-flight.

Just thought I'd mention this as a possible way to accomplish what you suggested, of being able to version check from the cockpit.

-George

George what a cool solution!

SOH-CM-2014

-George

Thanks George!

Thats an awesome idea Sir.

Bill

Thanks Mobayrasta and Lionheart. After I read the post about trying to find a way to display the version information from within the cockpit, I started digging around the files, trying to find a good place to put the version information. I finally settled on the reference page of the kneeboard because I figured that was the place where all the aircraft's reference information is listed, and that it would be a very quick and easy text edit to make each time the Kodiak gets updated. I'm just glad that you guys think it'll be helpful.
    OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch and Multi Panels, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

Texture change between day & night

Hi, everybody!

Now, that George helped me to get splash sound to my Kodiak, I was tempted to break my "golden rule" - do not update working planes- and downloaded built 2.6 , with the hope of solution for some texture problems, which were also mentioned by a other member.
    At dawn and dusk the textures are dull, the orange colour is almost red and the floats are 2 dimensional white. At a special degree of brightness the textures change to their normal look, this change causes me crashes without gamebooster and short freeze with soundloops with game booster.
    Any tricks aviable?
    The screenshots are only a minute away, perfomance textures installed (no difference to the default ones), default envchrome files installed ( no difference to Bobs ones).
    Attachment 23499Attachment 23500

Cheers, Thilo

Yep I get that too, I posted about it a long ago here :http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...&postcount=366

Same dullness/lack of reflective surfaces can be seen on the VC at dusk and with aircraft lights on.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    Hi, everybody!

Now, that George helped me to get splash sound to my Kodiak, I was tempted to break my "golden rule" - do not update working planes- and downloaded built 2.6 , with the hope of solution for some texture problems, which were also mentioned by a other member.
    At dawn and dusk the textures are dull, the orange colour is almost red and the floats are 2 dimensional white. At a special degree of brightness the textures change to their normal look, this change causes me crashes without gamebooster and short freeze with soundloops with game booster.
    Any tricks aviable?
    The screenshots are only a minute away, perfomance textures installed (no difference to the default ones), default envchrome files installed ( no difference to Bobs ones).
    Attachment 23499Attachment 23500

Cheers, Thilo

FSX. Gotta love it.

On the newest updates, nothing is done to the textures or the hard wired Materials in the Gmax build file. All the same as the early versions, which means this must be existent back then.

Is this happening with your other planes as well? Other payware that is custom made? The stock FSX planes may not be doing this, but other planes that groups or teams made might be doing this.

I would be curious to know if it can be nutralized.

In FS9, we had (have) chrome issues at night where a bug causes chrome to lose its reflection qualities. This 'might' be a twilight bug that does something similar.

Very odd. Thanks for the heads up. I'll bring this up at a Developers forum and see if anyone else has dealt with this.

Bill
    LHC

Hi, Bill

itīs just the Kodiak, sorry. I had that issue already with the first version, but somehowe never did a flight so early in the moring, to experiance the change of the textures in flight.

Cheers, Thilo

SOH-CM-2014
    Thanks Thilo,

I'll certainly check into this and find out whats going on. Always room for improvement and updates. Keeps me busy.

:d

Bill

Hey all,

For those of you that own Kodiaks, there is a new update pack for it. This makes it Build 2.6 now.

Download link to mini update pack;
    http://lionheartworld.net/schloss/LH..._INSTALLER.exe
    I just tried to download the update and the link appears to be broken. Any suggestions for an alternative?

Stan

Hi Stan,

You can get the update off the main Kodiak page on Lionheart's website.
    http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Kodiak.html

Scroll down to the Updates section, and you'll find the link for the installer for the 2.6 update. I just tested it, and it works through their site.

Hope this helps.

-George

Good morning,Bill

This morning I have two things on my mind:
    1. Pekka is right, the texture change only comes to play with some aircraft lightning on, I wasnīt
    aware of that.
    2. Iīm a little suspcious about the global envchrome files, ok I deleted Bobs and put the default in,
    but does that really happen? Sometimes the "system" remembers everything, specially its faults
    and uninstall - reinstall doesnīt help (ie 8, WOP3 P47 update)...

Cheers, Thilo

Hi Stan,

You can get the update off the main Kodiak page on Lionheart's website.
    http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Kodiak.html

Scroll down to the Updates section, and you'll find the link for the installer for the 2.6 update. I just tested it, and it works through their site.

Hope this helps.

-George
    Many thanks, George. My face is quite red! As it turns out, I already had v2.6 on my machine. I purchased the Kodiak late, just saw this thread for the first time, and thought it was a new update...

No worries, Stan, just glad you already have the updated version.

-George

Texture change solved

Merry christmas everybody!

Now that itīs christmas time, I have more time to play around and discovered, how to overcome that strange textures when itīs getting dark.
    Pekka, Bill, when I switch the interior lights seperately (either clicking on the panel or shift L), everything looks perfect. Sorry that I didnīt check that earlier...

Attachment 24041Attachment 24042

Cheers, Thilo

Members who have read this thread: 1