Attention Kodiak Drivers; new Build; 2.6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attention Kodiak Drivers; new Build; 2.6

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Attention Kodiak Drivers; new Build; 2.6

Hey all,

For those of you that own Kodiaks, there is a new update pack for it. This makes it Build 2.6 now.

UPDATES CARRIED OUT:

* Garmin G1000 Graphics update to the Garmin bazel graphics along top right edge, refined
    * Garmin G1000 now has;
    1. Parking Brakes in Announcement / Annunciator section
    2. Water Rudder in Announcement / Annunciator section
    3. Gear Up 'Amphib' mode in Announcement / Annunciator section
    * Over Torque effect in flight causing left hand pull and roll of aircraft when using extreme realism settings has been deleted
    * Turbine Torque readout on ECIAS section of Garmin system now reads to redline (was only going to half way mark)
    * New 2D panel has ratio corrected graphics and Garmins. We found that a very few computers could not handle the slightly 'out of ratio' of the Garmins gauges, causing some CTD's. The panel graphics were redone to accommodate the taller ratio of the Garmins and is now properly sized.
    (Note that the Bill Leaming 'wide screen' panels option is still in the package and you can easily 'activate' the 'ws' panel by adding in the 'ws' into 'Panel' entry in the vairous aircraft Registry's at the top of the 'aircraft.cfg' file.

If you have any repaints in your present Kodiak package, then please do the 'manual' installation of this package, and carefully copy/paste your present aircraft Registry's into your 'new' Build 2.6 aircraft.cfg file so that all of your repaints show up.

To manually install this pack;
    * Create a Temp Folder on your Desktop
    * Run the Updater Installer
    * Select type of sim to install to; FS9 or FSX
    * Select 'Browse' when asked final permission and shown file location target
    * Browse to Temp Folder
    * Click OK
    * After the installer runs, open your Temp Folder
    * Open another folder and browse to your Flight Simulator folder
    * Copy/paste your files in the Temp Folder into your Flight Sim folder, placing the files from one folder, into the actual FS folders

When you are done, your Build 2.5 Kodiak will then become Build 2.6.

Download link to mini update pack;
    http://lionheartworld.net/schloss/LH..._INSTALLER.exe

For those of you that had 'any' issues on CTD's, this should fix it. The 2D panel PFD screen seemed to be the real culprit and that is now fixed.

For those of you that had issues with Torque and left-wing-down effects in extreme realism settings, that is now fixed also.

I go into some details on this at my Blog here;
    http://web.me.com/william_ortis/Lion...ried_out..html

Next announcement!

I am proud to present or announce that Robert 'BananaBob' Rivera has released a Kodiak Photoreal Textures Super Pack. This is 9 of his textures in one bundle. These include both FSX and FS9 and this also features an auto installer. So if you have issues with installing paint schemes yourself, this will handle it for you. If you want to install these yourself (if you have repaints already on your system), then run it and direct the install to a Temp folder and transfer the files manually. On the last one, the aircraft config, copy/paste your existing Registry texture repaints onto the new 'aircraft.cfg' supplied with the paint pack, and you should be good to go.

This is donationware and sells for a mere $2.00, the same price as most Apps in iTunes at Apple.com.

Get the update 'first' for the Kodiak, then if you purchase the textures pack, it will auto-synch with the upgrade. Roberts paint pack has the new 'aircraft.cfg' file already installed.

Its a pretty cool package. I highly recommend it. Instant purchase, instant download, auto-install....

Bill
    LHC
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Hi

Would this be updated already at PC Aviator for Download?

Thanks

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

JamesChams
    Mr. Bill "LionHeart,"
    You are the Man!

Muchas Gracias, Amigo!

PS: I'm glad Mr. "BananaBob" is on the "Payroll," informally at least.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesChams View Post
    Mr. Bill "LionHeart,"
    You are the Man!

Muchas Gracias, Amigo!

PS: I'm glad Mr. "BananaBob" is on the "Payroll," informally at least.
    This is Roberts baby. He is allowing me to have a sales link to his package for the sake that others that check in to the Kodiak webpage can see it and get it. I am into the addon thing for planes and trying to promote it, including things like the famous Lewis landing lights from A2A.

Those repaints are awesome man... This puts them into one giant mega-pack.

Hi

Would this be updated already at PC Aviator for Download?

Thanks

Ben

PCAviator will be informed tomorrow on this and their installer exchanged for the new one. But, you do not need the full reinstall this time. The link to the update is to a auto-installer update pack that updates Bulid 2.5 to 2.6.

So.... No more stress on getting new reloads from the major outlets.

The only time that I really need total reloads for you all is when models are changed, etc.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    There should be one on the Epic LT tomorrow as well. Both panels for each plane have been updated, Garmins upgraded, and some tidbits added.

Bill

Thanks for all these updates Bill!

Here's one for ya -->

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks to you, Bill, and also to Bob! Downloading as I type..

JamesChams

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    There should be one on the Epic LT tomorrow as well. Both panels for each plane have been updated, Garmins upgraded, and some tidbits added....
    All the goodies at one time... You deserve a :ernae: and , Amigo.

BTW: Mr. "BananaBob" texture pack is a great idea; glad he's packaged it with an installer, it'll really makes it easier to re-install with changes, like updates that replace the .cfg files or new computer installations occur. And they really bring an awesome realistic look and feel to the sim'ing with them. Good Going, Mr. "BananaBob!"

All that's missing now is a Kodiak "Kelly" and an Epic "Shela!"
    I know, I'm .

BananaBob
    Thanks for the update Bill and putting these paints together, hope you guys enjoy the paints! :ernae:

Blog Entries
    Guys, I just purchased the repaint pack thru Paypal, but there's no download link in the email they sent me.. How long should it take for my order to be processed? Not rushing, I promise...

BananaBob
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
    Guys, I just purchased the repaint pack thru Paypal, but there's no download link in the email they sent me.. How long should it take for my order to be processed? Not rushing, I promise...
    I got a notice for a download for Mike, must have been a mix up? PM your address and I'll forward it to you. Strange. :ernae:

JamesChams
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    Thanks for the update Bill and putting these paints together, hope you guys enjoy the paints! :ernae:
    Yes, I have... Thank you.

And... I haven't forgotton your donation check either, Mr. "BananaBob." It just took its time in processing, because I made the mistake of telling them your name was "BananaBob" and NOT Robert "Bob" Rivera. Its all the grey skies and rain we've been having here in Ohio.
    You should get it soon.

thanks for the update, and the repaint package is a great idea!

Blog Entries
    PM on the way, Bob, and thanks again, my friend..

I just wanted to say thanks to you, Lionheart, for your continued support of this fantastic airplane. It's been my favorite plane for FSX since buying it, and is the one I spend most of my flying time in. Great airplane, and great support!
    OS: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit; FSX: FSX Gold in DX10 Mode; CPU & Mobo: i7 965 on Asus P6T; RAM: 6 GB Corsair Dominator Triple Channel; GPU: (2x) Sparkle GTX 460 2 GB (SLI-AFR 1) on TH2GD to (3x) LG 19" 1440x900 Displays (4320x900 total); Power: Corsair 850 Watt; Other: CH Yoke and Pedals, Saitek Pro Flight Switch and Multi Panels, (2x) Saitek Throttle Quads, TrackIR 5

BananaBob
    Has anyone been able to purchase and download the paints yet? I had the download links coming to me for some reason when they are purchased? I forward them to proper address but something is wrong I think.

SOH-CM-2014
    It appears that PayLoadz is temporarily down. Probably Server maintenance.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    If you have any repaints in your present Kodiak package, then please do the 'manual' installation of this package, and carefully copy/paste your present aircraft Registry's into your 'new' Build 2.6 aircraft.cfg file so that all of your repaints show up.
    LHC
    G'day Bill, thank you for the continuous improvement efforts. Will the 2.6 mini update pack updates 2.4b instead of 2.5?

One more thing. Is your hi-res panel texture still usable for 2.6?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat_VC View Post
    G'day Bill, thank you for the continuous improvement efforts. Will the 2.6 mini update pack updates 2.4b instead of 2.5?

One more thing. Is your hi-res panel texture still usable for 2.6?

Hey Wombat,

No and Yes.

You need to download the 2.5 update and install that, then install the 2.6 update.

The High Rez panel textures remain untouched, so no need to redownload those. Only the 2D panel is changed out in 2.6.

Bill

Niiice! Thanks a lot Bill for your hard work. My favorite plane just got even more favorite lol :ernae:

Thanks Bill for the update.

One other question is Don Kuhn's G1000 system compatible with your Kodiak/Epic? And are there panel.cfg's available for 2d/3d panels?

Thanks again :ernae:
    Anneke

Thanks for the update Bill.
    Chad (PAAQ)

Has anyone noticed some facing missing from their standby altimeter?
    Seems to be missing some texture(s).
    Chad (PAAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by lawdawg View Post
    Has anyone noticed some facing missing from their standby altimeter?
    Seems to be missing some texture(s).

Yep, I get that too.

OK Pekka,
    I am glad it ain't just me. Something simple I'm sure.
    Chad (PAAQ)

Members who have read this thread: 1