Area51sim - c-5m galaxy out now - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Area51sim - c-5m galaxy out now

they said to me, there "improving" and is "up to THIER standards", to be honest, im glad im hearing from other people bout this beast.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Quote Originally Posted by Rezabrya View Post
    Optimist, you do realize this is Area51sim... not Alphasim right?
    Detailed comparison reveals that this is the old Alphasim C-5 redone by another publisher for FSx, comparing the VCs and external model, most of it is poly for poly identical to the old Alphasim one.

On the face of it it appears that the author has redone the model for FSx and published it via another developer, thats his remit of course and good luck to him in all fairness if thats what he wants to do. However it is essentially a reworked FS9 model for FSx and brings along with it the poly limits from the previous sim, it is not a bespoke FSx mesh that takes advantages of all that the FSx SDK can offer these days.

There does also appear to be some concern over the FDE as much appears identical to the old Alphasim one, that would need the original FDE authors consent, which may well have been freely given as I am sure has been.

The C-5 publishers also have a B-2 and F-22 in the works, previews show they look very close to the old Alphasim ones, strangely also from the same author as the C-5, draw your own conclusions.

As we say at work rather crudely, a granny dressed in mini skirt and high heels, technically a FS9 model compiled for FSx I'm afraid, shame as the original mesh looked to have much potential for serious reworks and upgrades, but once again short cutted to get to market....probably before Alphasim did theirs as was originally planned....so I've heard whispered !.

Kindest

Michael

tigisfat
    Well that's just cute. The premise is just fine and dandy, but reusing one of the worst payware jet FDEs ever built is kinda insulting.

That seals it. I will never buy this product. The FDE ruined the Alphasim model for me. I got tired of having to taxi on 75% thrust. I spent months making my soundpack for the Alphasim model, only to find out that the engines would be blaring away at damn near full throttle on final approach just to maintain speed. Give me a break. I don't feel bad about posting negative stuff anymore, either.

This proves that that ethese new guys aren't out to provide us with a good or correct product. They just want dough.

Members who have read this thread: 1