WIN7---no Safir X
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WIN7---no Safir X

WIN7---no Safir X

Hi,
    yesterday i upgraded from Vista Ultimate 64bit to WIN7 Ultimate 64bit without
    bigger problems.
    FSX is running and also all Payware aircrafts i have---and i have many of them,even the WBS-Mustangs runs---only the Safir X is not to install.I tried it in several modes that WIN 7 allows,but no chance.
    What is it for a problem?Are the guys at Sibwings not able to look into that
    and fix it or are they not willing to do it?
    But i think,they also want to sell their upcoming Birddog.
    Not for WIN7-User?
    Can`t understand this,sorry.
    Michael

NoNewMessages
    Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    What is it for a problem?Are the guys at Sibwings not able to look into that
    and fix it or are they not willing to do it?
    But i think,they also want to sell their upcoming Birddog.
    Not for WIN7-User?
    Windows 7 has been released to the public for what, 3 days? And yet it appears you're questioning the developer's integrity because the plane doesn't install? Have you contacted the developer to ask about your problem or to see if they have a solution or are working on one?

Sorry if I'm missing something here, it just seems like an indictment being served, without all the details being offered.

Yep,also posted in their forum.
    But that`s not my problem.
    WIN7 RC`s are out for a long time and nothing happened from Sibwings to make
    a patch for the new OS.WIN7 is not out for 3days in my opinion.
    Me and many others have paid for this aircraft and now we cannot use it.
    That`s not correct.
    Michael

Yep,also posted in their forum.
    But that`s not my problem.
    WIN7 RC`s are out for a long time and nothing happened from Sibwings to make
    a patch for the new OS.WIN7 is not out for 3days in my opinion.
    Me and many others have paid for this aircraft and now we cannot use it.
    That`s not correct.
    Michael
    Give them a break,go back to XP for a while,gosh.

This was posted on their forum by Alex:

"Hi Guys,

Does anybody want to help us with testing under Windows 7 ? "

So it seems they are working on compatibility, but they were just waiting for the retail version to be released.
    BTW, they never claimed that the Safir would be W7-compatible and they have no legal obligation to do so (for free). You bought and got a product that clearly stated it was for XP/Vista.
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

Dude....whats your problem?

Not even professional game companies release patches new games that relate to an OS that is not even out on the market, and you expect addon makers to make fixes prior to the commercial release of an OS?
    Now that is not correct.

In addition you addon is specified for Windows XP or Vista... NOT... windows 7.
    So technically addon makers have no obligation whatsoever to make any kind of patches to fix Win 7 related issues.
    Some probally will for the sake of their customers, but they dont have to if they dont want to.
    Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth P67
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4GHz
    GPU: XFX GTX 470 1280MB, 607/1215/3350MHz
    Sound: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3, 1866MHz CL9
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 320GB
    FSX HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 250GB

A break---why?
    They had a break for the last half year,when it comes more and more clearer,
    that WIN7 is on the way and will be the next OS which will be the way to go.
    During this months there was time enough to patch the Safir X.
    Michael

A break---why?
    They had a break for the last half year,when it comes more and more clearer,
    that WIN7 is on the way and will be the next OS which will be the way to go.
    During this months there was time enough to patch the Safir X.
    Michael
    \
    Michael, you're preaching to the wrong choir here bud. Get over to the Sibwings website and make your anger known over there. It makes no difference what you think they should have been doing to produce a patch for the Safir. . .it appears they may be working on it and if and when they get it figured out they'll probably make it available for everyone like you who has Win7. In the meantime bitchin' about here is a waste of your time.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Sorry that i`m misunderstood.
    My only intension was to invite as many owners of this aircraft as possible,to post in the Sibwings-forum,
    so that we can use this wonderful aircraft as soon as possible.
    That`s all.
    Michael

Guys, you *do* realize we're talking payware here, right?

Payware = (At least basically) care for customers (if you want to keep them).

NoNewMessages
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Guys, you *do* realize we're talking payware here, right?

Payware = (At least basically) care for customers (if you want to keep them).

I agree 100% with this. I use XP, never made the switch (down IMO) to Vista. But when I made my installer packages I made sure a Vista user got a copy to see if there were any problems. If someone comes to me now and says the installers don't work in W7, I'll find a workaround. Because they are my customers. But..., and there's always a but, I would hope for some consideration that things do not happen overnight, nor with a pre-release version of a new operating system. Last thing I personally want to do is drop a couple hundred USD for a new OS, for a computer that will see little to no benefit from doing so.

I don't know of the developer for this plane, but I hope they do right by their customers. And I hope that the customers don't start hollering for the developer's hide three days past the official release date for W7.

Sorry that I`m misunderstood.
    My only intention was to invite as many owners of this aircraft as possible,to post in the Sibwings-forum, so that we can use this wonderful aircraft as soon as possible. That`s all.
    Michael
    Then that's all you really needed to say in your first post. Good luck. Hopefully the folks at Sibwings will take your concerns to heart and get the aircraft up and flying with Win7.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

harleyman
    Calm down guys...Not sure Michaels English is all that good...

I think you just need to ride the tide out at Sibwings till they get a patch Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by LCSims View Post
    But..., and there's always a but, I would hope for some consideration that things do not happen overnight, nor with a pre-release version of a new operating system.
    I think an announcement on the homepage that the issue is being worked on will get you almost all the time you need, so no worries about that.

I know that the companies I am involved with and the freeware stuff I am involved in as well had a golden rule, no official support for Windows 7 until the official release, MS has a habit of changing some things last minute and if a patch was developed for a Beta or RC it might not have worked in the RTM, so now that the RTM has been released I am sure compatibility will follow soon in saying that, my Safir installed without a hitch and I know a few other people who also have had no problem with it as such. Maybe that has to do with the fact that I installed my Safir into my W7 well before the public betas even started.
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Edit : Ignore me.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    Calm down guys...Not sure Michaels English is all that good...

I think you just need to ride the tide out at Sibwings till they get a patch Michael!
    So it is,have to excuse me for my poor english what i`ve learned 40years ago in school.:redf:
    But i hope,the one or the other is able to understand me.
    I have nothing against Sibwings,why should i?
    I love,what they do and only want to use it also in WIN7,that´s all.
    It`s every time the same with me,when i install a new OS and something doesn`t work,then i`m like a rocket.
    Sorry when i took the wrong words.
    Michael

harleyman
    So it is,have to excuse me for my poor english what i`ve learned 40years ago in school.:redf:
    But i hope,the one or the other is able to understand me.
    I have nothing against Sibwings,why should i?
    I love,what they do and only want to use it also in WIN7,that´s all.
    It`s every time the same with me,when i install a new OS and something doesn`t work,then i`m like a rocket.
    Sorry when i took the wrong words.
    Michael

You are fine Michael...Some were quick to jump maybe...

Carry On..happy flying .....Have a and a snitzel on me...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JayKae View Post
    I know that the companies I am involved with and the freeware stuff I am involved in as well had a golden rule, no official support for Windows 7 until the official release, MS has a habit of changing some things last minute and if a patch was developed for a Beta or RC it might not have worked in the RTM, so now that the RTM has been released I am sure compatibility will follow soon in saying that, my Safir installed without a hitch and I know a few other people who also have had no problem with it as such.
    Longest sentence ever outside a Thomas Mann novel. :isadizzy:

Yeah, I realised that after I had written it. Oh well, it gave someone some pleasure
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JayKae View Post
    Oh well, it gave someone some pleasure
    Not me though, I was raging from the first comma to the last.

harleyman

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Not me though, I was raging from the first comma to the last.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hush and get back to studying.....LOL

Just for info:
    Alex of SW-Lab has just offered a SafirX W7 version for testing:
    http://forum.sibwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=549
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Thanks for the HU.
    It`s working,have my Safir back!
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hush and get back to studying.....LOL
    Oh, yeah...right...studying...*Whistles nonchalantly*

Members who have read this thread: 0