LotusSim L-39 Albatros v1.2 Update now available
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LotusSim L-39 Albatros v1.2 Update now available

Smile LotusSim L-39 Albatros v1.2 Update now available

Hey guys, just a heads up that I've released a pretty comprehensive update to the L-39, with a number of fixes, several improvements, and some user requested features, as well as a couple of new model variants. The update is not a patch, but a complete replacement installer file.

FSPilotshop and Simmarket customers who purchased prior to Oct 24, 2009, you can obtain the updated version by logging into your respective accounts and simply re-downloading the L-39 package, however please do check the following link for important installation instructions, and the full details of the update, prior to installing v1.2.

http://www.lotussim.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=304

Thanks very much!

-Mike

gajit
    Well done Mike

FlightSim Pilot Shop still only has version LTS-100.

When will they have the new installer?

Cheers

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

They have confirmed that it has been updated on their end. It will use the same zip file name, but once extracted you should see v1.2 in the executable's file name, as well as in the installer's opening screen when you run it. I'll ask them about the LTS numbering.

Please let me know if it works for you?

Cheers,

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    They have confirmed that it has been updated on their end. It will use the same zip file name, but once extracted you should see v1.2 in the executable's file name, as well as in the installer's opening screen when you run it. I'll ask them about the LTS numbering.

Please let me know if it works for you?

Cheers,

-Mike
    Thanks Mike

Downloading.....

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

gajit
    Wow - great work Mike - a great product just got - err - Greater!!

Thanks. Also, everyone please note that if you will be adding repaints back to the Long Range tanks models after the update, pay special attention to the "sim=" value for that paint in the aircraft.cfg file.

For LR models you will need to change this value from "sim=L-39" to "sim=L-39-LR". Without that change FSX may crash when trying to load the model and not finding the .air file present. Each repaint you add just double check that entry against available .air files in that folder. Again, this is just for the LR models, all the others should be fine once you get them in the right folders and referenced to the right models.

Thanks!

-Mike

Thanks Mike..downloading now

Great work matey!
    [SIGPIC]Vista Australis[/SIGPIC]

I should post this over in Lotus support..how do you get the panel with the GPS in the front panel in a downloaded repaint (ie Banabob's repaints)? I put a couple of repaints in the L-39civ folder but i came up with a gaugeless panel (although the GPS "hole" was in the front panel) and some wierd shadowing problems. They work fine in the L39 folder but the GPS is in the side panel.

Great job, Mike, and thanks...the update is brilliant.

I've got my repaints in the right folder (L-39-civ), but I'm still getting missing layers (for some of Bob's paints) and missing textures in the VC. Must go shower for church now, but if someone's jonesing for a fix, I would guess that texture.cfg in each of these is now pointing to non-existent folders (that are in L-39 but not L-39-civ).

Could either modify texture.cfg or copy relevant folders from regular L-39?
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

Thank you sir!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very nice based on one flight in N539ED. The only issue I found is with the GNS430 in the VC. If I go to a spot view, then come back, the 430 display is bright white. The only way to get back to the main nav page is to turn the 430 off, then back on, then hit FPL then (don't remember the last step, enter maybe).

Glenn

Thanks for the Update.
    Really an outstanding aircraft!
    Michael

Timm
    Thanks Mike for a great aircraft.
    Well what a great combination L-39 + G940. Timm

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    I should post this over in Lotus support..how do you get the panel with the GPS in the front panel in a downloaded repaint (ie Banabob's repaints)? I put a couple of repaints in the L-39civ folder but i came up with a gaugeless panel (although the GPS "hole" was in the front panel) and some wierd shadowing problems. They work fine in the L39 folder but the GPS is in the side panel.
    This should help with repaints in the Lotus L-39-civ folder. In each repaint texture folder, try editing texture.cfg so that it looks so:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\..\Lotus L-39\texture
    fallback.2=..\..\Lotus L-39\texture.bump
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e
    David Wilson-Okamura

TrackIRers may wish to reinstate the camera views defined earlier by Oli-TUB and Skullleader: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...&postcount=586 and http://www.lotussim.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=276 (a summary of the SOH thread in case something happens to the SOH forum).
    David Wilson-Okamura

Quote Originally Posted by dswo View Post
    This should help with repaints in the Lotus L-39-civ folder. In each repaint texture folder, try editing texture.cfg so that it looks like so:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\..\Lotus L-39\texture
    fallback.2=..\..\Lotus L-39\texture.bump
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\textur e
    Cheers I will give this a go

Hi guys, sorry some of you had a bit of a hassle with re-downloading from fspilotshop, but it does appear to be working now. I'll answer your questions on the update here...

Glenn, the VC GPS turning white when going to an outside view and back in again I have not seen, and wasn't mentioned during testing, that's utterly bizarre! I'll see if I can reproduce it.

When adding repaints, if you're missing some textures after, just copy the texture.cfg file from another stock L-39 that resides in the same L-39 folder as your paint. So if adding a paint to a LR tank version for instance, copy the texture.cfg file from the Biele or C-GOZA paint folders into your own. It should work out ok. It's odd that anyone is having missing textures since the paths back to the regular vanilla Lotus L-39 folder haven't changed. It should look like David's post above though in the texture.cfg file. Scratches head...

On Civilian models (with gps on front console) to get the correct placement and textures in the cockpit, copy the following textures from texture.N39ED into your paint: L39VC1.dds, L39VC9.dds, L39VC10.dds

They should then show the correct shadows etc on the front panel.

Thanks,

-Mike

It's odd that anyone is having missing textures since the paths back to the regular vanilla Lotus L-39 folder haven't changed. It should look like David's post above though in the texture.cfg file. Scratches head...
    The paths were relative -- up one level and down again to a sibling subfolder -- but all within the Lotus L-39 folder. The new folder, Lotus L-39-civ, doesn't have the \texture or \texture.bump subfolders, so the old (relative) path directions couldn't find them.
    David Wilson-Okamura

On Civilian models (with gps on front console) to get the correct placement and textures in the cockpit, copy the following textures from texture.N39ED into your paint: L39VC1.dds, L39VC9.dds, L39VC10.dds
    Could we achieve the same effect by making the first fallback texture ../texture.N39ED?

BTW, I dig the new winglight geometry.
    David Wilson-Okamura

Hi David, thanks. Yes you could achieve the same effect by making a fallback path to any default civilian L-39 texture folder. The main Lotus L-39\texture folder contains all the files for military versions (with gunsight) any civilian folders have their own copies of those textures I listed. Copy or make a new fallback path, either way works, whichever you prefer!

-Mike

GlennC, I've been trying to reproduce your GPS turning white problem in N39ED but I can't. Have tried every permutation of modes and switches, and time of day and weather. Please let me know if it happens again. The only thing I can think of is that sometimes under heavy scenery load the default FSX gps kind of 'goes to sleep' occasionally, having its share of processor time cut off by more important things. If you can get it to happen again please let me know.

Thanks,

-Mike

Mike,

Many thanks for the up date.

Just finished re-installing all the paints, that was fun!

Members who have read this thread: 1