Bry Rosier / Golden Age / SM.79 "Citrus Burst " - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bry Rosier / Golden Age / SM.79 "Citrus Burst "

Double Ouch.

(Are you running Active Sky Advanced as well as the rest of the "required" programs? I am very curious about what is causing lockups!)
    -Mike

Charter Member 2014
    FSX just came back to life , I left it on with white screen in horror , reconnected duenna and it is running about 8 min behind flight time on my clock with an error 1??? I`ll carry on as about an hour to go , and if duenna looks bad then I`ll refly it
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Running active sky X mike but I activated the FTX scenery and it hits the framerates hard ..... too hard in this case
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Arrived at YCCY after a bizarre flight . FSX locked with White screen and unresponsive for about 8-9 mins , Instant disconnect of duenna , then FSX came alive and hit connect button on duenna and continued to YCCY , duenna shows obvious errors and although showing complete still displays enroute on tracker I think I will re-fly this another day
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Okay after a little rest for a few days in Darwin it time to continue Darwin to Cloncurry YPDN-YCCY
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Safe arrival at Cloncurry , A nice easy flight , crosswind all the way only little driftmeter adjustments needed
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Will Continue down to Charlesville YBCV after a quick cup of tea and a top up of Fuel
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Safe and sound at Charlesville , simple little flight , drifted a little bit from not concentrating but confident the CV ndb would bring things back . Going to rest here a little while to prepare for the last leg
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Hopefully the final leg of the Golden Tour of Citrus :/ YBCV-YMEN Essendon

Precision Guestimate of 3:00 hrs on the nose
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Charter Member 2014
    Well the Golden Age run for the Citrus has come to an end A nice little flight , right up to essendon , Winds of 330 @25 dictated a RWY 35 approach so I set up to turn in a few miles past and time a good landing . Active Sky decided to have some fun with the winds and threw a 278 @ 34 on short final which made getting her down a lot more lively than anticipated and also hurt my time for landing Still a landing you walk away from is a happy one If I wasn`t so hell bent on the precision time i would have missed approach and gone for 26 but thats pressure for you Really enjoyed this challenge , Many thanks to the organisers:ernae:
    I wonder if anyone has done it in the Aircreation Microlight and I wonder how long it may take Have i got a spare month??? maybe not Thanks all Flight time 3:01 and 51s
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Woooooooooo hooooooooooo Bry! :ernae: Glad to see you here and Well Done!

Congrats on a great race!!! :ernae:

Too bad for the high winds at the end, but that's what makes these races exciting. It looks like you might have made the under minute mark in the precision portion if they hadn't come up.
    Vicious - Team Avsim

That sounded interesting till the end. At least you won't forget your last leg of the MacRobertson so quickly. :d
    Congratulations.

donlimpio
    Congratulations! Well done and a great race.

Good show Bry. :ernae:

Excellent!

If you leave that SM.79 on the tarmac, we won't need lights.
    -Mike

Charter Member 2014
    Thanks for the kind comments Guys , What a great Event

Now time to hot -foot back to Mildenhall in something a little more lively and modern and Take the covers off the Cirrus in preparation for the Modern approach
    Bry
    Team Avsim RTWR

Congtrats Bry!!! Welcome to Melborne....

Yes, its time to fly soemthing modern 'back home'

My flight is almost done.... I began....

727-200 from Melborne to Sydney
    747-400 from Sydney to SanFrancisco, but had to divert to Hawaii for fuel miscalculation (I swore I put in enough, but the FMC kept screaming at me i was low, so I diverted)
    757-200 from Hawaii to KSFO
    757-200 from KSFO to KSEA, (I used to live in Tacoma, so needed to visit (grin)
    747-400 From KSEA to KBOS, Dusty had critical gear failure on landing with his PMDG MD11 so he crashed after the long flight, then his sim crashed too, double whammy, lovely.... my landing was great, but the heavy plane full of passengers and cargo used the whole runway to slow without burning the brakes too hot!!!

contemplating using the dreamfleet baron58 or carenado seneca, probably the seneca from KBOS to KGFL (HOME!!!)

Good Luck to all on the respective trips home in the modern a/c (with as much glass in the cockpit, i see... hahahah)
    Remember: It's break ground, and fly into the wind..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

donlimpio
    ha, guess we're all doing the same thing.

Though I'm thinking of maybe taking the Beech for another ride a bit further north to Papua New Guinea for some holidays. Then it's back to my virtual home in the bahamas in the not quite so new DF 727, well flying with the glass inside.

But aside Milton's Beech that must be my favourite bird and you got to see a lot when flying around the globe, I once nearly stretched a leg too far, had to do a straight idle decent from cruise level to cover the last 130 miles. If I remember correctly after shutdown I had around 200 pounds left in each tank, that would have been a good more minute in the sky.

Again great flying guys and maybe see you all around for the next big event.
    best
    olli

Cingrats, Bry!

nice work!