thunderboy's Tips 1% Campaigns

Thread: thunderboy's Tips 1% Campaigns

thunderboy's Tips 1% Campaigns

I need to know which "1" in the gunstation.1 he is talking about changing to "0" for accuracy of the Betty as being too accurate. Also, what do I change to make them open fire at 1000 or less instead of the unrealistic 2000+ yds with deadly accuracy.

gunstation.1=1,52,2,0.12,550,2,0.01,500,4,40,6d6*1 5,0,1.589,-2.26,0,0,0,-50,50,30,0,5
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Gunstation Datum

From a Pre-Crash discussion... Knew it would come in handy someday !

Enjoy !
    SC

========================================
    Gunstation Definitions

GUNSTATIONS]
    gunstation.0= 0, 2, 1, 0.01, 870, 4, 0.01, 1000, 2, 20, 1d1*18, 0.55, 0.25, 2.2, 0.128056, 0, 0.1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.5

[GUNSTATIONS]
    gunstation.{A}0= {B}0, {C}2, {D}1, {E}0.01, {F}870, {G}4, {H}0.01, {I}1000, {J}2, {K}40, {L}1d1*16, {M}0.55, {N}0.25, {O}2.2, {P}0.128056, {Q}0, {R}0.1, {S}0, {T}0, {U}0, {V}0, {W}0.5

A. Gunstation number: (sequential) this will be the number to associate individual guns with (note that there is no particular weapon related to any particular gunstation number. Add as many as you want).

B. Trigger type: 0=Mach Gun 1=Cannon 2=Rocket 3=Bomb

C. System association (see last number for each entry in [SYSTEMS]

D. Gun type: 1=Mach gun 2=Cannon 4=Rocket 8=Bomb

E. Rate of fire (divide rounds/second into 1) Example: 50 rounds/sec = 1/50 = .02

F. Muzzle velocity: meters/sec (zero for Rockets & Bombs)

G. Round life (seconds round is tracked by simulation)

H. Muzzle flash: MS says flashes/sec. I disagree; I think this is actually 1/(flashes/sec). Typical values are .01 to .05

I. Range that AI aircraft begin firing (Meters)

J. Sound: 0= .303/7.62mm 2= .50 3= 13mm 4= 20mm 5= 30mm (set Bomb/Rocket to zero)

K. Tracer %

L. Damage dice: Typical values: 1d1*10 for .303, 1d1*14 for .50, 1d1*24 for 20mm, Rocket 1d1*300-3000, Bomb 1d1*600-6000 (this is the projectile's destructive power)

M. Gunstation X offset (Meters)

N. Gunstation Y offset (Meters)

O. Gunstation Z offset (Meters)

P. Pitch: angle of gunstation up/down (degrees) I suggest using similar angle values from other .dps in CFS. But if you must try calculating… The acceleration affects of gravity on objects is independent of their weight. If you disregard the aerodynamic properties of the projectile and assume it falls at the same rate as any dropped object, then you can use -4.877t2 (t is the travel time of the projectile to its target) to determine how far the bullet drops in horizontal flight.

I would guess the average speed of the projectile is somewhere between its muzzle velocity and half that. I'm not going to add the plane's airspeed since the target is probably going just as fast. So let's take a target 1000 meters out, muzzle velocity of 870m/sec: t = 1000 / [(870 + 435) / 2] = 1.53 sec. This results in a drop of -4.877(1.532) = -11.42m. Now calculate an angle using tan ? = X/Z where X = X drop and Z = distance to target.

Keep in mind this is a very simplified approach and not the proper way to do ballistic calculations, however I doubt the MS simulation is much more complicated or accurate. Also, all this does you little good in the heat of battle when you're pulling hard on the stick in a 20 degree climb with 30 degrees of roll. That's what the tracers are for.

Q. Bank: angle of gunstation left/right (degrees) Again, I suggest using similar weapon/angle values from other .dps in CFS. If you really must calculate, remember: tan ? = X/Z where X = X offset and Z = distance to target.

R. Heading: heading of gunstation (degrees)(Example: A rear facing AI gunstation may have a heading of 180)

S. Constraint Angle left (max rotation angle for AI guns)

T. Constraint Angle right (max rotation angle for AI guns)

U. Constraint Angle up (max rotation angle for AI guns)

V. Constraint Angle down (max rotation angle for AI guns)

W. Round weight (oz)

=========================================
    "...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

When B is set = 0, the gunners are less accurate ... I do not know why it works, but this trick does fine. I learned it here.

Thanks sc7500!
    :ernae:
    Gunstation mods coming to a Betty near me!
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Another question. sorry.:mixedsmi:

Is there a way to do the 1% campaigns without it totally replacing the originals? When I go into my Campaigns now and select American it only gives me the 1% USN missions. The originals appear to be inaccessible, though they are still in the folder. I am sure it has something to do with the Country.cfg. I changed the Country for USA back to its original versus the US Navy config of 1%, but it still goes into the 1% campaigns instead of the originals. IS there something else that changes?

I would like to be able to fly both sets of missions and not have them be mutually exclusive.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

(;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Thanks sc7500!
    :ernae:
    Gunstation mods coming to a Betty near me!
    My Pleasure !

SC
    "...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Members who have read this thread: 0