Northrup P-61 for FSX?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Northrup P-61 for FSX?

Question Northrop P-61 for FSX?

Pretty straight up. Is anyone doing a Northrop P-61 for FSX? I thought MAAM was at some point?
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    they were i do not know the progress.
    there was a donationware one being built
    but thats only in idea form
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Didn't quite escape.
    MAAM, if I remember correctly, were holding off on theirs until the Black Widow was rebuilt. The original idea was the make the FS model to help fund the restoration, but there were a number of set-backs and changed priorities. I've certainly not seen any progress with it at all, as a member of the beta team.

With updates for the B-25 and R4D in the works and the Avenger still being tweaked, I wouldn't have thought there was a lot of signs of one appearing in the near future.

That would be FANTASTIC if someone would develop a nice Black Widow.

I'd love one in FSX, but I'd really love a P-61 in a combat flight sim.

Poor Jack Northrop. Nobody wanted his flying wings, McDonnell Douglas stole all the F-17 business, they made the awesome F-20 and nobody wanted it, and on top of that, for 60 years people have been spelling his name with a U.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    they were i do not know the progress.
    there was a donationware one being built
    but thats only in idea form
    H
    Probably the nicest mesh I ever made, regrettably not finished....like many others . Source files in Max are still available if anyone wants to finish it off for SoH donationware.

Best

Michael

DennyA cfs2 has a blackwidow that was updated with in thelast twelve months.

Thanks, Olaf. I wonder if I can find my CFS2 discs... That was a loooong time ago.

Denny how many years has it been since you last used cfs2?

I got plans to do a F-15 Reporter version, sometime...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

I did a really nice flight model for the above aircraft that Miachael built. Indeed a beauty! Flew really nice and a ball of fun. Just lacked a VC... minor detail....

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Just lacked a VC... minor detail....
    And paint, pilot figure, seats, yada yada yada . Yes the FDE was really sweet.

Trust me, its with great regret I let every one down, I'll get my coat now,

Kindest

Michael

Oh man, that looks nice. I wish I had the know how to finish it.

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    Probably the nicest mesh I ever made, regrettably not finished....like many others . Source files in Max are still available if anyone wants to finish it off for SoH donationware.

Best

Michael
    If no one takes you up on it to finish for donationware in true FSX modeling... I will volunteer!

Might as well start on this one as my Wildcat just got lost on a HD crash.
    Just had the prop materials to finish for the external model and landing gear animation.

I can get the MAX file back via my download account.

Now I will have to start over. Guess we need a P-61 more than a Wildcat.

BOOM!!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post
    If no one takes you up on it to finish for donationware in true FSX modeling... I will volunteer!

Just had the prop materials to finish for the external model and landing gear animation.

BOOM!!
    If you want, I could provide some pictures of a P-61's interior.
    Please either PM me or e-mail me at Akshay4012@gmail.com

Email sent! Wow.. good source material for a P-61 interior was going to be hard.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post

BOOM!!
    Well no one has in the last year or so, just call and I'll send over the source files and the sim files so you can at least fly it right off the bat and make an educated conclusion whether its viable or not. I can also pack up what images I have here, also a copy of the manual (pdf....that may have come from one of the SoH members but I dont think it'd be an issue sending it to you) and if you give me your postal address you can have the Warbirdtech series book too.

Wildcat you say, started one of them too LOL, stopped mine when I heard that a major addon player was planning one, considering who its was it was a no brainer decision as the competition was too fierce.

Kindest

Michael

Well no one has in the last year or so, just call and I'll send over the source files and the sim files so you can at least fly it right off the bat and make an educated conclusion whether its viable or not. I can also pack up what images I have here, also a copy of the manual (pdf....that may have come from one of the SoH members but I dont think it'd be an issue sending it to you) and if you give me your postal address you can have the Warbirdtech series book too.

Wildcat you say, started one of them too LOL, stopped mine when I heard that a major addon player was planning one, considering who its was it was a no brainer decision as the competition was too fierce.

Kindest

Michael
    Can you please send me the manual also?

Kindest

Michael
    Yeah I have been working for the last 3 weeks with the FSX SDK... got to know it pretty well... like making sure all your pivots are pointing the right way before animating..... ack!

Also really familiar with materials ... think I will purchase CrazyBump and the 3D Ultimate Unwrapper to make up for passing on not recovering my old HD.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy

OK guys, panic attack, just checked my source files, no P-61, checked the spare drive, not there either, nor on the two external back ups, its just gone !.

I did post a link in the SoH beta forum with the files in, link now dead so its not on my FTP any more, the only hope now is if one of the other guys in that forum picked it up for safe keeping, Willy or Mopormike, Fliger, Henry, anyone....aggghhh...help !!.

Best

Michael

Just got the PM..... yeah I will stop on the Wildkitty then. Hopefully the Widow then.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    OK guys, panic attack, just checked my source files, no P-61, checked the spare drive, not there either, nor on the two external back ups, its just gone !.

I did post a link in the SoH beta forum with the files in, link now dead so its not on my FTP any more, the only hope now is if one of the other guys in that forum picked it up for safe keeping, Willy or Mopormike, Fliger, Henry, anyone....aggghhh...help !!.

Best

Michael
    i got it somwhere!
    ill check
    i never delete anything
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Goooooo 'enry!!!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy

Phew. Good to hear, Henry.

CRASHAZ! Dude, you gotta back up every night when you're working on a plane we'd all love! Toss together a quick Robocopy batch file and it's one double-click to back up your work to another drive or another PC on your network... Sorry to hear about the loss of your Wildcat.

I quit feeling sorry for myself... thought of hitting the bottle...passed on that ...moved to my laptop and started on another plane.

A B-25 B.... I love Briefing Time but it looks funny taking off from the Hornet.

Lets see how far I get before they find the P-61 mesh.

I am stepping away from the edge.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy