Cazzie

Thread: Cazzie

Cazzie

Is the F3F texture.6 another test of our observation powers?

Lower wings have a meatball in the star but the upper wings don't.

voyager

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    Is the F3F texture.6 another test of our observation powers?

Lower wings have a meatball in the star but the upper wings don't.

voyager
    No, it is an example of my losing my mind! :isadizzy:

I have corrected that and expect replacement textures in a day or so on that other corrections shortly. My brother is coming out tonight and we're gonna freeze out at a HS football game.

Caz

Either way it's a a great repaint!

voyager

Talking about meatballs:

I once read (dunno where...) that is was erased from the US insignia at about the time of the Midway Battle to avoid confusion with the japanese.

Is this true?

And does anyone know how long it took to "whiten" the stars of all aircraft?

Thanks in advance,
    Markus.
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Caz, with so many paints, updates,corrections and corrections of corrections, my old brain is spinning :mixedsmi:. Would it be too much to ask for a final set that includes all the updates etc., to be uploaded? A big thank you for all of your hard work!!!!!
    Matt

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    Caz, with so many paints, updates,corrections and corrections of corrections, my old brain is spinning :mixedsmi:. Would it be too much to ask for a final set that includes all the updates etc., to be uploaded? A big thank you for all of your hard work!!!!!
    that is exactly what I am planning to do aeronca.

I put the wraps on all this morning, but still must check all for any thing I may have missed.

The updated textures will included:

Completely corrected aligned and sizing of all codes for all textures.

New Alpha textures featuring a bit more sheen in the painted dope, though not as reflective as the fuselage.

Added wiring and rod posts on the fuselage.

Added hand holds to the lower wings of all textures.

Corrected the underwing stars in texture.6

An extra black pilot texture for those that would wish to use him.

I found the gun camera texture also and it has been painted black in all textures, though I have seen it in reference photos where it looked unpainted as well.

I am also planning three more repaints, then I'll put this one to sleep and go on to other aircraft. It is just that I love this airplane so much. I keep hoping AH will live up to the promise of an FSX native version with better resolution textures and much better resolution.

Caz

THANK YOU!!!! A lot of work, but KNOW it WILL be appreciated. Awesome!!!!
    Matt

Not sure if its true or a myth Markus but thats the exact same explanation ive heard over in the UK about the meatball too
    Usually found in Sony Vegas creating the next FS Video and occasionally repainting for movie purposes

http://www.youtube.com/user/UKVoodooUK

Spring chicken to s***ehawk in one easy lesson

daga daga daga daga daga daga daga daga

Answer to Markus' Question

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Talking about meatballs:
    I once read (dunno where...) that is was erased from the US insignia at about the time of the Midway Battle to avoid confusion with the Japanese.
    Is this true?
    And does anyone know how long it took to "whiten" the stars of all aircraft?
    Thanks in advance,
    Markus.
    Yes, it's true. In a clear view it was easy to tell the difference between a star with a small circle in the middle, but planes in combat seldom held still for a clear view. The red center was enough to trigger a brief flash of red, and that was enough to draw fire.

Because it was a high priority item, and because it was so simple to do, the changes probably happened almost overnight, and certainly within a couple weeks, at least within the combat zones. It took longer for stateside aircraft.

When the Battle of the Coral Sea was fought in the first week of May, 1942, the insignia still had the red center. By the time of the Battle of Midway, four weeks later, the red centers had completely disappeared from fleet aircraft.

A year later BuAir attempted to bring some red back in to the national insignia by adding white rectangles at the sides of the circle, and placing a thin red outline around the whole device. Even though it didn't look anything like the Japanese hinomaru, that little outline was enough to trigger a flash of red in fighter pilots' or gunners' perceptions, and within a few months the red outline was replaced with blue.

That's interesting.
    Thanks for pointing this out! :ernae:
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]