Work in progress?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work in progress?

Work in progress?

Believe it or not, but I know somebody who thinks you can still improve this! Therefore it is called "work in progress".

Huub

(Yes I know I'm privileged :d)

Incredible detail Huub, Mathias is a perfectionist, looking forward to flying from this cockpit!
    :ernae:
    Barry

gajit
    Oh wow

Quote Originally Posted by Barvan40 View Post
    Incredible detail Huub, Mathias is a perfectionist, looking forward to flying from this cockpit!
    :ernae:
    Me, too, brother...

I agree with Mathias, it looks terrible.
    I'm surprised, Huub, that you dare to show us images of such a messy, unfinished product. Brrrrrrr.

No, Mathias, please continue your work, and try not to listen to Huub too much, who thinks that this is already perfect...

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Here's some more admiration from a greatly impressed member of this site!
    Quite amazing to think of all of the time and energy that has gone into getting these cockpits this far, and as close to perfection as likely there is to be - I still remember the very first renderings, posted to the FS2004 forum, and that was even before FSX ever was a thought.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Barvan40 View Post
    ...... Mathias is a perfectionist.......
    No doubt about that, he really is. I know it is not nice to talk about friends behind their back, but his drive to make these models absolutely perfect and as historically correct as possible is sometimes worrying me :d.

For those who love history and German aircrafts this will be a very interesting package. Every model has its unique cockpit and all in the same extremely detailed style. You can really follow the development of the war in these cockpits. Due to the lack of sufficient supplies and less skilled manpower the cockpits had to become more simple, however had to remain as functional as well. In these cockpit you can really follow this evolution.

Of course I'm biased and perhaps a bit over enthousiastic, but I really think the guys of Classics Hangar (not just Mathias) did re-create a part of history here.

Cheers,
    Huub

Geez, talk about stealing my thunder.

Great work Huub,

Here are a few additional shots of the plane:

http://forum.siminsider.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=554

Yes, I also hold a privileged seat. :d
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Wow, the things you can do with FLight SHop nowadays, who wudda thunk it!
    Felix/FFDS

I've only purchased Allied aircraft up to this point but that will definitely change when this pup goes to market! Outstanding detail.
    "The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." Manfred von Richthofen

Quote Originally Posted by 2Low View Post
    I've only purchased Allied aircraft up to this point but that will definitely change when this pup goes to market! Outstanding detail.

And, oh, the the early variants of these are FUN to fly...Axis or no.

Daycab
    I got nothing here. I am simply in awe...

Do you have a guess as to how long you have in painting that?

daycab

I shot a lot of cockpit photos myself so i know how difficult it is. No clue as to what cockpit this actually is, judging by the km/h on the airspeed indicator and rudder peddals it might be German ?....Messerschmidt, Focke Wulf maybe ?...

What makes these photos stand out from most cockpit photos is the total lack of flashlight washout. He must've been using one of those fancy flashlight filters like my friend Bernard is using here :

Improve on these photos ? .... Well, there's always room for improvement of course but personally i think this collection will stand out positively amongst the truckload of cockpit photos i have on my HD.

Thanks for posting them, Huub, i hope you don't mind me copying them. They might come in very handy when sometime i might get to modeling an old German fighter aircraft. ( you like old German fighter aircraft, do you ?... ) I would need the name of the photographer when it'll come to that of course. I will be in touch with you then.

Cheers,
    Jan :d

Charter Member 2011
    sure has come along way since the gauge thread over at netwings years ago!
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

That is amazing work. As an artist myself, I can tell this will be a step above the rest. The FW-190 will be an amazing product!
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

It can be improved...................by being 'silky smooth' (like the L-39) too, on most people's systems. Looking stunning is only half the battle in FSX!

WOW, thanks everyone for your overwhelming responses, didn't expect that, really.

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    It can be improved...................by being 'silky smooth' (like the L-39) too, on most people's systems. Looking stunning is only half the battle in FSX!
    Calypsos, I'm running FSX on 3 machines ranging from a 2GHZCPU/256MBGPU laptop over an Athlon 64X2 4600+ with 512 Geforce 7600GT to an Intel E8600 Wolfsdale with 512MB ATI Firepro 7600. The fps always stay where I locked them on the various machines, that is 20/25/30.
    Performance is taken seriously and we make sure that this ship will run on most machines.
    Mathias

On Another Planet
    For somebody who is a bit ignorant on this subject, can anyone explain to me what the differences are between the old FW-190 release and this new one? I would really appreciate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Rezabrya View Post
    For somebody who is a bit ignorant on this subject, can anyone explain to me what the differences are between the old FW-190 release and this new one? I would really appreciate it.
    Rezabrya, this new package renders the late Fw190A variants, A-5 to A-9 whereas the "old" package has the early variants A-1 to A-4.
    Beside the version-specific differences there's a hole lot of improvements in the new package that will be applied to the early variants also.
    Both packages will see some sort of marriage, that is if you purchase both or allready have one you get the second for something like the half price +- a few bucks.
    Mathias

Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Quote Originally Posted by calypsos View Post
    Calypsos, As you might have understood I'm one of the beta testers of these models. Perhaps suprising, but I have a quite modest PC (see below). My framerates are locked at a target of 20 fps, but my PC has no problems of keeping the desired 20 fps with any of these models.

Intel Core2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13 GHz
    4.0 Gb RAM (only 3.4 Gb is seen, due to limitations of 32 bits Vista).
    Nvidea GeForce 8800 GTS
    Vista Home Premium SP1
    Monitor IIyama ProLite E1900WS, resolution 1440 x 900

Cheers,
    Huub

On Another Planet
    So am I to understand that if I already own the previous package, not only will you give me the new one for roughly half price, but it will also feature an upgrade to the older models to bring them up to the new model's standards? If so you are a fantastic guy. This is exactly how other developers should do business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Nick what levels of AA do you run? Must be 16x? I can never seem to get my shots that crisp....
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Members who have read this thread: 0