Have you seen the previews for "Amelia"?

Thread: Have you seen the previews for "Amelia"?

Have you seen the previews for "Amelia"?

Looks like some real nice flying scenes:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioZCEpRLpxo[/YOUTUBE]

Jim

Rats, the YouTube thing didn't work, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioZCEpRLpxo

Interesting. I'll have to at least rent the DVD.

Hilary Swank is a terrific actress. I just hope Hollywood hasn't played it loose and free with the script. Which they've probably done.....
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Really looking forward to seeing this one. Also hope that the don't get crazy with the script. As soon as I saw Swank was playing the part I thought perfect fit.

Daycab
    We may be talking Oscar quality stuff here...

I'm so looking forward to seeing this movie!! I thought the director made a great choice when he picked Hilary Swank to portray Amelia.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud9Gal View Post
    I'm so looking forward to seeing this movie!! I thought the director made a great choice when he picked Hilary Swank to portray Amelia.

i have to agree. originally, i didn't think much of her. untill she did "million dollar baby". that sure changed my mind about her acting skills. she's come a long, long, way since "the next karate kid"

Happiness Consultant
    Hadn't heard that it was being made, this thread is the first I've heard of it ... could be a great film by the looks of that trailer.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Retired SOH Administrator
    I have always loved Amelia. We will certainly watch the movie.....

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was sold the second I saw the beautiful silver and orange Electra! Looking forward to it.

Blog Entries
    I'll be front row center...I just hope Hollywood doesn't over do it
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Snuck out and saw the movie today. Hillary Swank did a fantastic job. I hope she wins an award for her part.

The movie did bog down a little when focusing on her personal life and the script glossed over a lot of things about her leading up to THE flight. In all fairness it would have been a three hour movie trying to cover everything. It is worth it just to see the vintage Lockheeds in action.

Funny, we all know how it ends but I found myself hoping her and Fred would somehow make it to Howland Island this time...

I did go see the movie as well! Swank was phenomenal! Geere was good as well! I agree with Moses, at one point, the movie dragged on a bit, but all in all, it was a GREAT movie! I don't think they could have picked a better actress than Hillary Swank to portray Earhart.

I will always remember these two lines:

Putnam: "Come back to me."
    Earhart: "Always!"

Gave me goosebumps!
    I will definitely buy the DVD once it comes out!

Thanks for the revues!!! Am planning to see it this coming Friday. Saw some previews before other movies, and it does indeed look good.
    Matt

Reviews are out and unfortunately it doesn't look good. Currently Rotten Tomatoes score it at 17%. Metacritic isn't much better with an average of 37%. Opinion seems to be pretty uniform. Fairly good acting but the movie as a whole is pretty stilted.

Shame as I would love to see a really well done biopic of Earhart. The only other one I can think of is the tv movie Amelia Earhart: The Final Flight with Diane Keaton, which I remember quite liking.
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

well two of the SOH'rs liked it,,the "offical" reviewers didnt seem to like it...clinches it for me..it must be GOOD ..ill buy it on dvd when its out...when the reviewers like them..rave about them..they really suck..its all about hollywood politics...not about good movies...i mean two really great movies were absolutly panned by the reviewers and they are great "11:14" and "the legend of 1900"

another upcoming movie that looks good to me..my kind of humor anyway is "the men who stare at goats"

Yep, if the critics pan it, it's a have to see.

I haven't seen 11:14, but The Legend of 1900 was amazing....and it was booed big time by the movie critics....as was Water World, which I really like for some odd reason.

For those who haven't seen The Legend of 1900, you really need to find it and watch it. Great movie all around. The actors nailed their parts, the script was well done, the camera work was as close to perfect as I have seen in a long time.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tigisfat
    I love waterworld to, Obio. I also loved rocketman, which was booed by critics. On the other hand, they loved benjamin button and I thought that was the single dumbest chick flick I'd ever seen.

Sometimes the critics have it right though. That pearl harbor movie was stupid.