Driver install problems.

Thread: Driver install problems.

On Another Planet

Driver install problems.

I am trying to update my graphics drivers to the latest 191.07 Nvidia drivers. I was running 190.38 before. I uninstalled the old driver through device manager, deleted the driver folder, restarted into safe mode, ran the driversweeper utility, restarted into normal mode, and then installed the new driver. I restarted and when windows loaded again it came up with this error

I have reinstalled twice now and it does this everytime. What would be my best course of action? I am running Windows Vista SP2 64 bit with a GTX 260 GPU.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Charter Member 2015
    There is a newer version of Nhancer available that deals with this issue (which has occurred since the 190.xx series Nvidia drivers).

Edit : There's also both 32 and 64 bit version of Nhancer available to download...

http://www.nhancer.com/?dat=downloads
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

If mermory doesn't fail me right now, I fixed this error by opening said nvapps.xml and editing out the faulty line.
    I think it was something about a "laucher" .exe or something.

Anyways, take a screenshot of the file's "area of interest" (around line 861, column 47), post it up here and I'll tell you what to delete.

On Another Planet
    Here ya go.

Now if only I could figure out how to fix my Eee PC...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Alright, change the whole line so that it just reads:
    <PROFILE Label="Battlefield 1943">

(Basically delete everything between the quotation mark after the "3" and before the ">")

Seems that Nhancer has a problem with those "Itemtype" entries. Hence I suggest searching for more entries of this kind in nvapps.xml.

A backup wouldn't be a bad idea either before you edit anything.

Members who have read this thread: 0