Supermarine 322 Dumbo

Thread: Supermarine 322 Dumbo

Charter Member 2011
    Blog Entries

Supermarine 322 Dumbo

The readme file for Kawasaki Ki-147 Radio Guided Missile indicates that Metal Dreams Design Group has produced a Supermarine 322 Dumbo for CFS 2, but I couldn't find any file with this name on any known simulator site.
    Has anybody ever heared of this model, and whwre can it be found?

They retired the file, but I think I still have a copy...

sandar
    No idea where, or if, the file exists for CFS 2, but I can tell you that, during the war, it lost out to the Fairey Barracuda as the Royal Navy's replacement for the Fairey Albacore/Swordfish. It was not a good looking aeroplane, even had a fixed undercarriage. If it was deemed inferior to the Barracuda, it must have been pretty bad. It had a variable incidence wing, and when it failed to get a production contract, was used as an experimental airframe.

hewman100
    The Dumbo was an interesting aircraft, but don't dis the Barracuda too much. Much like her older sister the Skua she did good work despite her vices and failings.

sandar
    Quote Originally Posted by hewman100 View Post
    The Dumbo was an interesting aircraft, but don't dis the Barracuda too much. Much like her older sister the Skua she did good work despite her vices and failings.
    Not my intention to dis the Barracuda, but it was universally disliked by both the aircrew and groundcrew. It had many vices, and it was grossly overweight, but, like Skua and Roc crews, it was what they were given to use and the crews used it as best they could.

Guess we should post a photo of the Dumbo.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdflieger View Post
    Guess we should post a photo of the Dumbo.
    Dumbo in CFS2

Members who have read this thread: 1