WIP: IRIS C-27J Spartan
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIP: IRIS C-27J Spartan

WIP: IRIS C-27J Spartan

Evening all..

After a day full of discussions and chin-wagging amongst some of the IRIS team, we have the great pleasure in formally announcing the development of the Alenia C-27J Spartan!

The Alenia C-27J Spartan is a medium-sized military transport aircraft. The C-27J is an advanced derivative of Alenia Aeronautica's G.222 (C-27A Spartan in US service), with the engines and systems of the Lockheed Martin C-130J Super Hercules. The aircraft was selected as the Joint Cargo Aircraft (JCA) for the United States military.

The C-27J Spartan is either in use by or will see use by the following air forces;

Bulgaria, Greece, Italy, Lithuania, Morocco, Romania, Slovakia and the United States.

We will also be providing a number of 'fictional' schemes such as the Royal Air Force and Royal Australian Air Force (amongst others).

For more real world information, along with a FANTASTIC airshow video of the C-27J Spartan from Airpower 09, please visit the link below;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAD2M3NBudQ

We will be providing regular Work In Progress shots on this forum over the coming weeks with pre-orders being taken in about two weeks in preparation for Christmas release! (subject to it being okay with the mods!)

Here's some of the untextured model taken from the purchased mesh.

Enjoy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gajit
    Excellent Choice - ive always wanted one - a choice from the Herc

Hope there will be a repaint kit simple enough for me!!

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Now if ya put Canada in the mix, You might just have the Dh-5 Buffalo's replacment No matter what count me in on this product for purchase when it becomes available. http://www.c-27j.ca/

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

SOH-CM-2017

I am delighted to hear you are developing this aircraft.

I have been hoping to try in out in flight simulator for some time. I will have my credit card ready on the day it is released.

MCDesigns
    Very cool, was just looking at these the other day and wanting one for FSX. My one request, please add some realism (baking/shadows) to the VC textures and model thje interior also.

Some neat info and images here

http://www.midkiff.cz/index.php?page...=c-27j-spartan

I think it will look good in Canadian colors

http://rcaf.com/archives/archives_ai..._sar/index.php

tigisfat
    Ah, I was hoping IRIS would do a proper C-5. We're still very much missing one of those.

Good luck with this project anyhow!! It's got my attention, and I'll give it a shot.

I did think about doing a C-5, but there's another group doing one as far as I'm aware...

Besides, the C-27 is quite a nice little aircraft for our needs..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's a mighty fine looking mesh you got there.

Thanks Bill, it's got plenty of overhead for additional detail too.. promises to be a heap of fun to do..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is very good news. Definitely better that C5. This is second only to Buffalo.

Good looking model

Nice choice of subject matter, looking forward to see this one develop!!

For those wanting to get some pre-new-Spartan work in, Kazunori Ito did one quite a while ago. I don't recall how well it works in FSX, but it's worth a shot until this one becomes available.

Oh Wow I saw one at an airshow in italy this summer

Smudge,
    first of all very good choice
    you know this plane can do barrel rolls and knife edge flying and some other aerobatic manouvers that you wouldnt expect by such heavy aircraft

hope your FDE developers can model the real flight dynamics as close as possible

BR
    Tom

Easy, a very heavy Christen Eagle with twin engines! lol.

Seriously though, check out the youtube vid I posted.. It's got the full routine..seriously impressive stuff.. No wonder the USAF SOC want a pile of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I saw exactly the same display during vacation Live but without the landing because it was an airshow over the Beach

video is nice

BR
    Tom

Watched that clip - brutal nasty mean pilots to treat that baby so...

Impressive!
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

Didn't quite escape.
    Ooh. I'll be wanting some of that when she's up and flying.

That's a plane I like. Looking forward to the final screenies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    ... For more real world information, along with a FANTASTIC airshow video of the C-27J Spartan from Airpower 09, please visit the link below;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAD2M3NBudQ
    Good God, that guy sounds errr... So errr... Irritating errr...

Awesome previews. Can't wait for the VC shots.

wicked ! the more stol aircraft the better !!

tigisfat
    I really enjoy it when devs purchase premade mesh. We see products out a lot faster and in greater quantity. It also seems we're seeing better quality sometimes.

Excellent choice of subject. I'm sure it'll be very popular.

ooh yes.... i'll try to make the paintkit user friendly for the release

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Excellent choice of subject. I'm sure it'll be very popular.

Me too, I have to admit I wasn't aware of the aircraft or the variety of customers until I did some research, however it's really grown on me quite quickly. It's a stunning little plane, and one that you MIGHT even see in FS9..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Me too, I have to admit I wasn't aware of the aircraft or the variety of customers until I did some research, however it's really grown on me quite quickly. It's a stunning little plane, and one that you MIGHT even see in FS9..
    Well, great aircraft to model and thanks for modelling it. cant wait for Dec. 25!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Members who have read this thread: 1