New images at Carenado...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New images at Carenado...

MCDesigns

New images at Carenado...

..of the Bonanza and Saratoga, looking forward to this release.

http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/incomings.php3

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    still waiting for a v tail Bonanza
    but thanks
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

cool

too bad they dont have a Cessna 210D
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

gajit
    Well spotted tx MC :ernae:

Awesome VC. It looks like everyone one of their other planes!

Carenado, PLEASE start doing something different. PLEASE!!!

3D gauges, modern-er avionics, SOMETHING! I will not buy another Carenado product until they change something.

IMHO, the A2A Cub completely outclasses Carenado in every aspect. A2A's artwork looks better than Carenado's photoreal. I don't really have to go into sounds or features, because that is OBVIOUS. Carenado's planes have the functionality of the default ones.

I really don't want a DEFAULT Bonanza!!! I want a NICE ACCUSIMMED Bonanza!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    but thanks
    H
    that's what I would like too...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

me three :ernae: always had a soft spot for the bonanza

Slug Flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Awesome VC. It looks like everyone one of their other planes!

Carenado, PLEASE start doing something different. PLEASE!!!

3D gauges, modern-er avionics, SOMETHING!
    Why don't you ask A2A to do a 737 for their next release?

3D gauges would be nice, but asking for modern avionics is asking Carenado to be something other than what they are. Their niche is GA aircraft with the "used," "lived-in", REALISTIC feel...like the ones that make up the vast majority of the resident GA aircraft population at airports the world over. The average Cessna or Piper at your local airfield is not an Eaglesoft or Dreamfleet-style, tricked-out to the max Cadillac of the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Flyer View Post
    Why don't you ask A2A to do a 737 for their next release?
    Because PMDG's will pwn.

3D gauges would be nice, but asking for modern avionics is asking Carenado to be something other than what they are. Their niche is GA aircraft with the "used," "lived-in", REALISTIC feel...like the ones that make up the vast majority of the resident GA aircraft population at airports the world over. The average Cessna or Piper at your local airfield is not an Eaglesoft or Dreamfleet-style, tricked-out to the max Cadillac of the sky.
    No one uses G1000's? No one uses GNS430's? Come on now... There are tens of thousands of these units used every day by veterans to students alike.

The RXP GNS430WAAS is the most realistic gauge I have ever used for MSFS. Carenado could do so much more...

Slug Flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Because PMDG's will pwn.
    And also...because it's not what A2A does.

No one uses G1000's? No one uses GNS430's?
    Some do. Most don't.

Carenado could do so much more...
    Just like A2A could do jet tubeliners.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Flyer View Post
    And also...because it's not what A2A does.

Some do. Most don't.

Just like A2A could do jet tubeliners.

What William is saying is that Carenado should try improving what they do, instead of repeating the same procedure for each aircraft.

Slug Flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by VFR Alexander View Post
    What William is saying is that Carenado should try improving what they do, instead of repeating the same procedure for each aircraft.
    No, with the possibly exception of 3D gauges - which would at least arguably be a technological improvement - what he's saying is that Carenado change their style to suit his particular taste. But change and improvement are not always synonymous. A model with a G1000 is in no way necessarily "improved" over a model with steam gauges.

MCDesigns
    KK, while I respect your opinion, you ever think that maybe they just don't have the knowledge to do other than what they know. I can model any aircraft for the most part and texture it, but when it comes to gauges, airfiles and the like, I have no clue. Also look how many aircraft they have released for FSX when some others have only done a couple at most. Has anyone actually "politely" emailed them asking for new features?

Personally I am looking forward to the saratoga, need a new fast low wing with a nice VC, I only wish it was the turbo version.

Originally Posted by Henry
    but thanks
    H
    Make that 3 - But happy to see a 33 anyway

They both look great, externally.

Now if they can get some decent flight dynamics, then they can have my CC #
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Has anyone actually "politely" emailed them asking for new features?

i have emailed back and forth with them a few times aboutadding a decent auto pilot system and about them doing a 337. they, in a round about way, said they were not interested in doing either one. their explanation was something along the lines of "that's for others to do". frankly, i'm with kiwi on this. i bought the 206 because no one else makes one for fsx. same with the 182. for these planes they are the only game in town. i got the 152, and i'm ok with that having basic electronics. but there's no way that someone buys a brand new 182 that way. i'm not going to believe that's the norm and not the exception.

Count me in on the Saratoga as well. Looks great.

I have their V-tail for FS2004. Still a nice ship!

Slug Flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    but there's no way that someone buys a brand new 182 that way.
    No, they don't. The Carenado model isn't supposed to be a "brand new" 182.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    but thanks
    H
    hey - thats my line
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks Michael for the heads up.

:ernae:

Cool to see some of their construction screenshots. I really admire their work. They are true craftsmen in this business.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Hey All,

Cessna 185 taildragger, amphibs, ski's - that is what I would like to see Carenado take on.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    in my opinion Carenado does some great
    airplanes not the best not the worst
    but good priced planes
    H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Has anyone actually "politely" emailed them asking for new features?
    I once "politely" emailed them informing them of some problems with one of their planes. They didn't ever release a patch for the issues. I even offered my time to beta test their products, but I didn't hear back about that either.

What would make me think they would go out of their way to do something new when they didn't even help me with my very simple support question?

Perhaps I've just had bad luck with their support?

All I want them to do is to meet the de-facto standards that other developers are following. They don't need to do anything new. 3D gauges would be great, but switch sounds and the ability to retrofit a 3D GNS430 would be even better. The rest could stay the same.

What I don't understand is that so many people here don't think it is necessary for Carenado to do that, and some even oppose them doing this. However, if they WERE to do these things, everyone would applaud them.

Ugh, back to the couch now to rest. I've got many of the H1N1 symptoms.

I'll throw my hat in the ring here in defense of Carenado's efforts. I would also like to see 3D gauges, but regardless I do find their aircraft totally flyable, believable and fun the way they are.

As for "steam gauges" versus "glass gauges," well, I'll only tell you what I ever flew and what the airports around me tend to have. I still have yet to see a real Garmin 1000, or any modern avionics package outside of a commercial aircraft with one single exception... which most students didn't want to rent because of the high price. I flew a watered down 172 which was very old, along with a Kitfox and an old DeHavilland Beaver. At one point I was even looking at buying a Cessna, among many of the aircraft I was looking at. None had a glass cockpit, and the price of buying one was so astronomically out of my budget I just ignored the idea.

Until glass avionics packages become truly affordable, especially when compared to what can be purchased used with no glass cockpit, I don't forsee them being a dime a dozen. The problem is that only new aircraft contain these units... I'll give a good example. I was just looking at LSA aircraft the other day and saw a used but very good condition L-4 (Cub variant) for around $40,000. I saw a 150HP Cub variant with full glass cockpit new off the line going for $220,000. The choice for me was a no brainer, even though I could afford neither!

waka172rg

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

Cessna 185 taildragger, amphibs, ski's - that is what I would like to see Carenado take on.

-Ed-
    ED i asked the this about 4 months ago they said "thanks for the idea" so 6 in one half a dozen in the other haha:ernae:
    I'm all in with the next 2 to come out they look marvelous inside and out and
    GO the 185 skydive
    Waka172rg

Members who have read this thread: 0