SECTIONF8 Sabre released ! - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: SECTIONF8 Sabre released !

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    To Jan and Team: Thank you so much for this work of art! Your efforts have produced an outstanding plane. It's one of the best, pay or free, that I've ever had the privilege to fly.

Anime Adoring Aviator
    Avsim is getting a bit overwhelmed, took several tries just to get the download started and it will take an hour to download.

BananaBob
    Thanks Jan!!!!! Downloading now for awhile, at 20kbs, lol, they are getting swamped and understandably so.

yago9
    Thx Jan ! ...Beautiful all around !

Butch_N
    Stunning model. Thank you very much.

BananaBob, hopefully you would be so kind as to do a Wyatt Fuller skin for this plane?

Thanks Jan, to release this beauty as a freeware after all that work is truly an amazing gift. Thanks very much everyone involved....
    Now if I could only get near AVsim. So Busy!!!! So I'll wait a little longer, no problem.:ernae:

Dang! I'm getting the index when I click the download link.

WH
    With the wisdom of an owl, the courage of a eagle and the grace of a hawk,
    May you fly through the heavens and always land clear. — Unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Arf, it seems avsim is crawling under the download request, I can't get the download to start, I always get an error message.... will try again tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Arf, it seems avsim is crawling under the download request, I can't get the download to start, I always get an error message.... will try again tonight.
    Yep, not surprising at all.
    I wouldn't be at all shocked if it broke the server.
    Can't think of anything ever that had this kind of anticipation and excitement.
    Lightning -=BS=-CO [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lightbulb

Folks...
    Hopefully we'll get things sorted so it will be available here....

Fabulous !!!! I got it, it's absolutly amazing !!!

Thanks a lot to Jan Visser and is team for this beautiful bird ! Congratulations !!!

"Il est superbe"

:ernae::ernae:
    If you can read terror in locust's eyes... Maybe you're flying too low...

Very nice model....

I flew it with out reading the manual

Now to go read it this bird has a lot.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Ahhhhh what a pisser. Waited all night until 2am, got up at 6am, still nothing. Now it is available but I cannot download because of the bandwidth hit on Avsim.

Please, is there a way to get the files set up here or another location so there is greater availability?
    "Soon to be Expat"

Charter Member 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Yep, not surprising at all.
    I wouldn't be at all shocked if it broke the server.
    Can't think of anything ever that had this kind of anticipation and excitement.
    I know! Last time I looked, it was up to 1799 downloads for the base package - amazing for only a couple of hours being up!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

My repaint is now up as well: F-86E US Air Force 'Frank Borman'

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Butch_N
    Thank you Tim.
    Although I have never had the honor of meeting Mr Shipley, I have seen his plane. This will be a nice addition to the model.
    I am still hoping Bob will do a version of FU-222 for us (me). Wyatt was a friend of mine it would mean a lot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alain_F355 View Post
    Avsim is getting a bit overwhelmed, took several tries just to get the download started and it will take an hour to download.
    Judging by the numbers every time I refresh, the main pack is averaging something close to a d/l every second!

Here's my results:
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    If Jan will give me permission.

JAN ?

Model and texture files will not be included of course (just copy over from your install and covert to DXT3 for better frame rates, not GREAT frame rates, just better)
    Check your PM, Lightning. Thanks, looking great ! :ernae:

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by JayKae View Post
    Jarvis, once it is up and I download it, do you want me to upload it to one of my highspeed servers and put a link out here for you guys? For free of course, I just need your permission

Check your PM, Jay, thank you very much for your generous offer, Sir ! :ernae:

Cheers,
    Jan

Thank you Jan and the rest of the crew at SectionF8 for this amazing gift! I cannot thank you enough for all of your hard work and obviously your love that you put into this aircraft. I have enjoyed a number of flights in the aircraft thus far. Thankfully I knew that the Sabre had an emergency gear release button, as on my second landing my gear got stuck due to being just a bit over the minimum speed, and popping the emergency button got the gear down and I was very impressed to see that the gear doors also fly down and then stay down, just like they would due to the hydraulic pressure being released - it saved me from bending an aircraft on my very first day flying it. :d

It sure is fast when compared to flying a prop driven fighter consistently for the last year. Conducting a display performance is very different between flying say a Mustang compared to flying the Sabre. A good example of a Sabre display is featured here - note the power changes for each maneuver:

http://www.airshowbuzz.com/videos/view.php?v=e5a3eb43

Thank you for the repaint Tim! Shipley actually sold the Sabre earlier this year, which was rather a shock, but it has allowed Ed to venture elsewhere. It now belongs to the Friedkin's. It is one of the most beautiful Sabre's I have ever seen, as was the late Wyatt Fuller's example.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Thanks for all the nice comments, gentlemen !

Sorry that the download is a bit troublesome at the moment. I'll give uploading here at SOH another try right NOW ! Fingers crossed !

JayKay might also come to the rescue ! :mixedsmi:

Cheers,
    Jan

Jan, this aircraft is outstanding in every aspect! It makes me want to call in sick for work today. Can't wait for more flying with it tonight.

Cheers! Mike Tyler :ernae:

WTF is going on I've waited for so friggin long and when I try to download it it says PAGE NO FOUND I want the f-86 sooo bad.

All those getting errrs and "No Page Found" messages... Those are just Avsim's equivilant to Flightsim.com's "No nodes Available" message. Do the same thing... back page, let it try again. Sometimes it might take a couple tries, but you'll get it. :isadizzy:

Thanks Jan and crew for a fantastic aircraft. Just took my first flight at Nellis, managed a complete flight, full fuel take off, drop tanks, do some mild aerobatics, and RTB without pranging it. AWESOME!
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 11