FlightSim Developers P38 Now Released - Page 6
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: FlightSim Developers P38 Now Released

Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    Hi Gibbage

Thanks for advice - i have converted my camo textures and you are right - now have 20-30 fps.

Much apprechiated.
    How are the visuals at 2K? I never tried it.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

gajit
    Hi - external visuals show hardly any difference. Wings from VC do look blurry in forground.

So I decide I can't wait and buy it anyway.

Purchased, activated, and now I'm getting "Error 273, Could not create the file to make abackup of the FS X file "dll.xml"! This is likely due to problems in your Windows environment, or with your security permissions. We recommend you exit this installed, reboot your computer, and then start again."

For what it's worth there are no "problems in my Windows environment" as everything else works and I run a pretty tight ship as far as my PC's are concerned. Security permissions are full admin access on XP SP3, and I've rebooted and tried again umpteen times.

FSD; you might make absolutely stunning aircraft but your installer seems pretty buggy at the moment.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    Congratulations once again for helping one of my dreams come true.
    Am meaning that, guys. Awesomazing piece of work here.

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/sho...d.php?t=202197

Im deeply honored you spent your 6000th post on my work! Thanks! :ernae:
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    FSD; you might make absolutely stunning aircraft but your installer seems pretty buggy at the moment.
    Send Tim an E-mail about this bug. He's asleep at the moment bring 3AM and all, but once he's up im sure he will help you out. You can find his e-mail addy in this thread.
    Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

Isn't she lovely?

I haven't started painting yet, but soon...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

mkay.. couldn't resist...
    DL link was still not working, the full alternative DL (WinXP 32, SP3, Admin) wasn't able to create shortcuts and i have a few problems with the switches of the civil version.
    Is anyone able to enable the Pitot Heat and all lights?
    Certainly a great looking model...

FSX fatal crash

Hi Tim, Need your help! I've installed FSD P-38 successfully. But my FSX (Gold Edition) crashes when loading FSD P-38. Please let me why.

KYLin

Kyulin , try loading up with one of the WWII versions , the restered one with the modern cockpit has a pile of dll's to run the GNS and avionics that take a moment or two to load and might be the reason , if that problem happens with any of the vesions posting your os and machine specs will help devine the culprit.

A real beauty!
    Two things: Loadmanger is not closeable, I have to reboot.
    How bout a resized textureset? I´m a little to thumb to do it by myself...

Cheers, Thilo

Beautifull package guys!

Loving it all except for one problem, the Red Bull variant crashes/freezes FSX on me. If I load from "select aircraft" from the main screen or try switching aircraft mid flight she just freezes. The sound keeps going but FSX stops responding.

I am on Vista64, UAC off, ATI 4850, no anti virus or anti spy. I have the Satiek X52 and Pro Flight Switch Panel if that could matter.

I'd register at your support forum but after an hour of trying I can't access my ISP provided e-mail (haven't used it in at least 5-6 years).

All the other variants are pure joy though. Thank you.
    "The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." Manfred von Richthofen

I’m having the same issue with the Red Bull plane, but, if I wait what seems like a long time (2 min, approx), FSX will respond, and the plane will eventually load normally.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    MB: Asus P6T Deluxe (LGA1366)<o></o>
    CHIPSET: Intel® X58 / ICH10R<o></o>
    CPU: Core i7 920 2.66Ghz (LGA1366)<o></o>
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3/1333MHz Non-ECC Non-Registered Memory Module<o></o>
    VIDEO: NVIDIA 9800GTX+ 512MB Dual DVI (PCI-E) Video Card (2)<o></o>
    SOUND: ADI® AD2000B 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

The Red Bull takes about a minute to initialize the dll's , we are looking into it , as it didnt happen during the beta tests we will need to figure out why and then put together a mini installer with any reported problems rectified.
    To date there have been very few and i will wait a couple of days to see if there are any more that crop up before releasing an update.

Thanks for your patience , C.J

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksand View Post
    Thanks, Chuck.. Somehow, with good instructions from Tim, I got it going. If you are running Vista 64bit, you must go to the properties tabs on the installer, unblock it, run it in compatibility mode for XP sp2, make sure ALL your intivirus and firewall stuff is turned off, and it will work. Thanks to FSD for wonderful customer service. I'm off for a short test hop, and then I gotta get some shut-eye. Thanks guys!
    Glad you got it working.

A lot of the problems with Vista 64 come from installing programs, like Flight Simulator, into the directory that most installers default to; Program Files (x86). This directory structure has very limited (almost no) permissions set for the programs that run from within it. Regardless of the permissions you have in your Windows login account.

Don't suggest everyone go run out and change it, but if you are new to Vista 64 and have not installed many programs, I strongly recommend that you chose or make another directory on your root drive and use that for installing all of your programs, leaving the Program Files (x86) directory as a useless appendage on your hard drive.It will save you a lot of headaches.

Just my opinion.

Well I decided to try the Red Bull again after PRB's advice and it didn't freeze FSX or take a long time either. It just fired up! Tried 3 more times to make sure and sure enough it works great. Thanks PRB.

I guess we just need to give those dlls a bit of a working in, lol.

PS. I don't yet have it but thank you FSD for the YF23 too.

PPS. Jankees the paint and screenies look marvelous.
    "The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." Manfred von Richthofen

I'm having some really strange behavior after install. Quite a few buttons are functioning opposite of pole position; the attached pictures show battery (lighting) and generator switches (amp meters). Any ideas what could be causing this?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBubble View Post
    There was talk of a demo? Is that still planned? I'd like to "try before I buy".

Sorry for the bother!
    Yes it will be today. I am working on it now. You are going to love this beastie.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post

Purchased, activated, and now I'm getting "Error 273, Could not create the file to make abackup of the FS X file "dll.xml"! This is likely due to problems in your Windows environment, or with your security permissions. We recommend you exit this installed, reboot your computer, and then start again."

For what it's worth there are no "problems in my Windows environment" as everything else works and I run a pretty tight ship as far as my PC's are concerned. Security permissions are full admin access on XP SP3, and I've rebooted and tried again umpteen times.

Chris,

I responded to your PM regarding this. It should correct the problem. In case you don't receive my response, and for anyone else who might see this come up, here is what I wrote:

The core problem here is that the installer was unable to locate the critical Flight Simulator file dll.xml in the expected location. This would be the folder where the rest of your FS X configuration files are. The usual path would be:

For Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\[user_name]\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

For Windows Vista:
    C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

Where [user_name] is the name of your Windows login account. The file must have this entry in it in order for the software to work properly:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSDX</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>FSDX.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>

Why Microsoft decided to put all of its configuration files in the most obscure directories they could think of I don't know. The installer looks in the location that it should be in, but in rare instances it may not find it there. This solution will make sure the software runs properly for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    My modern red bull version causes FSX to stop responding. Whether it be loading it from the opening menu or in-game.

I also got that 1173 error.
    Kiwikat,

Did you try downloading the installer again? If not that should resolve the 1173 error.

After installing fresh does the Red Bull run OK? I am not sure what that problem can be. Is anyone else seeing this?

anyone else notice the flap lever on the right is only animated if you manually click it with the mouse? I put flaps down on my joystick, but didn't notice a lever in the canopy moving.

maybe I'm looking at the wrong lever?

Regards, Diego

The flap lever uses left and right mouse button to operate it to its stop points , it was a multiposition unit with uncommon stop positions.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    Quite a number of switches and knobs use right and left mouse clicks to function<o></o>
    <o></o>

A bit OT here but can we have all repainters please use a separate thread for your contributions and leave this thread for the release and support purposes for FSD.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Could anybody please tell me, how i can disable the warnings? All switches are on.
    I guess that's my fault if no one else has problems, but i'm also not sure about the light switches.
    And i'm not sure if the normal maps are working.

@Jan Kees
    Great repaints!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    I'm having some really strange behavior after install. Quite a few buttons are functioning opposite of pole position; the attached pictures show battery (lighting) and generator switches (amp meters). Any ideas what could be causing this?

All of the switches and knobs use custom animations and variables to function this allows them to click and have multiple functions unlike default animations , if keyboard shortcuts are used it will leave the switches in place but activate the system in some cases like the battery and alternators .

The only lights that will go on if you use L are the cabin and panel lighting but the switches will not move .

There are many systems that are on at boot up as well , like battery and alternators .

Hope this helps . C.J

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o>The Pitot Heat light seems to stay on and we are looking into the Modern Pits "teething pains " as to the normal maps they are set for each versions age , the Red Bull is a newly reskinned version and is flush riveted and has smooth panel lines and so doesnt have any highly defined bumpiness to it .</o>

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Yes - i get that odd lighting as well

Members who have read this thread: 2