Carl Edwards said...

Thread: Carl Edwards said...

Carl Edwards said...

He said he knew he was going to hit the wall after diving to the bottom to make that last lap pass on the 48 car. In fact, he planned on hitting it. He just didn’t plan on loosing as much speed as he did. You see, you could do that in the video games, he explained, slide the car into the wall, stay in the gas, and not loose too much speed. But it didn’t work in real life! Now that’s funny. Good try though! :costumes:
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

SOH-CM-2024
    L heard that and knew he was too hot when he passed JJ. I said he's gonna have to backed off and JJ will get him on the inside when he slides up the track. he slid up the track, but he didn;t let up, only that little cruch of the left rear slowed him enough for JJ to make the pass. I still despise cookie-cutter tracks though!

Caz

when i drove stock cars (well the hobby stock) i kept the right rear bumper beat in to the fender..that way it wouldnt hang up when i put the car against the Krail wall surronding the outside of the track.i passed many cars that way.my folks,and other fans,including the announcer,would point out the fact that there was a stripe of clean wall after each pass...lol...from about the middle of 2 and down the back stretch...lol sparcks and mud flyin off the wall...lol

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    I still despise cookie-cutter tracks though!

Caz
    Which is why I still prefer the "old" Atlanta track....:mixedsmi:

And today Carl said the 16 "got loose", which is technically accurate but slightly incomplete, given that he got loose because Carl tried to bump draft him in the corner because "we'd been doing it all day".

Oops...

Jack R wasn't too pleased either. Love to be a fly on the wall at the Monday morning meeting at Rouche Racing... :d
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Hey All,

Yeah BIG STROOUP on Carl's part! Carl said it well when he suggested - you come to Talledega worried about the idiots and today it was him. You could kinda tell he didn't know how to handle Talledega spinnin out on pit road all by himself. And Junior said it well "Some of us know how to bump draft some of us don't!" If anybody in NASCAR is qualified to comment like that it's Junior.
    Jimmy did OK though.

-Ed-

An edit: I didn't mind what Carl did a bit. I never complain when Roush cars wreck even though I do like some of the drivers. Payback for what Martin did years ago.
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,
    Payback for what Martin did years ago.
    You still stuck on this :ques:

Hey All,

No one ever beats karma Panther.

-Ed-
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Interesting....it appears on the surface to be a hatred for Mr Martin here...

What's enough payback/karma for you to be satisfied or the slate being called "even" ?

Hey All,

I don't hate Martin - I just don't like him getting away with it. Plus I never liked how Roush stroos up engines and then calls on Yates for help gets good engines and never fulfills his part of the deal - giving Yates real help on his aero setups. If I were Yates Roush would never get engine help from him again.

-Ed-

Members who have read this thread: 0