NAS Fallon is out!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAS Fallon is out!

Icon5 NAS Fallon is out!

Alright folks, Naval Air station Fallon, Nevada is available for your download at Flightsim.com.

Jim

Awesome, i like your sceneries alot, Jim, thank you for your work and spending your time on enhancing our flightsimulator experience.

Thanks Jim, downloading now.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Retired SOH Administrator
    Nice work Jim :ernae::ernae:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Great work.

Your additions to the NAS sceneries are deeply appreciated.

Just can't get enough of that type of scenery

VCN-1

Outstanding work as always. Now to get familiar with the area using the default Hornet while waiting for the VRS Rhino FSX version release.

MCDesigns
    :ernae::ernae::ernae:

Jim, This is your best, yet! Absolutely stunning!

Many Thanks, Paul

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    WoW!! Solved my win7 Scenery Library issue and got it added. Beautiful!!

Thank you!
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

JamesChams
    Is an FSX version planned?

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesChams View Post
    Is an FSX version planned?
    Um, it is for FSX James.:isadizzy:

Thanks so much Jim! Mike :ernae::USA-flag:

Blog Entries
    Jim, you created another masterpiece. I just flew out of Fallon NAS in a F-5 and after landing, I taxied and parked with the other F-5s. So cool!!

Thanks for another excellent military base.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Thanks for the kind words guys, and you're all so very welcome.

The second I hit "Upload," I immediatelyremembered a few things more I was going to do to the place...but didn't.

In that same vein, There were folks I left out of the intro that should have been there...Like I didn't even mention Fighter Composite Squadron 13, The Saints.. and they're huge players in the everyday training of fighter pilots.

And the third category (of which I'm most ashamed) is that Navy 81 (Deke) gave me most of the initial info on the ranges, or I would still be looking, and I forgot to thank him in the readme.

Enjoy!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jdhaenens View Post
    ..............remembered a few things more I was going to do to the place...but didn't.................
    Well, perhaps you can add them? Fallon is the base for Top Gun.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...Weapons_School

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Going to fly one of the F/A-18 Aggressors out of Miramar enroute to Fallon. Kind of a virtual PCS of sorts.

JamesChams

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Um, it is for FSX James.:isadizzy:
    Well maybe in his excitement Mr. Jim D. forgot to edit/change the title in his README.txt file which actually say "for FS9" and there is NO mention of FSX or did I download the wrong version?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesChams View Post
    Well maybe in his excitement Mr. Jim D. forgot to edit/change the title in his README.txt file which actually say "for FS9" and there is NO mention of FSX or did I download the wrong version?
    Did you install it into FS9?
    Mark

You're right, James. I pulled the readme from my last rendition which WAS for FS9. Didn notice that I failed to change that in the header, sorry. It is for FSX.

JamesChams

Quote Originally Posted by jdhaenens View Post
    You're right, James. I pulled the readme from my last rendition which WAS for FS9. Didn notice that I failed to change that in the header, sorry. It is for FSX.
    No Prob., Sir!
    Just didn't want to make a mess of things on my installation. I'll install it sometime tonight and enjoy it! Thanks for all the hard work.

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks again Jim for a fine scenery. Love your detailed hangar. Sure was a big undertaking and well accomplished.

Many thanks, Jim! Absolutely brilliant work Very detailed and very good performance

BTW, for those who are experiencing flickering issues in FSX (DX9 mode), it helps to enhance the in-game AA via the nVidia driver (FSX in fullscreen mode).

Jim,WOW!!! Fantastic!! Thanks very much for a great gift!!
    Cheers!

ps thanks to svicar for the VFA-83 paint!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

It blends in very, very well. And those AI statics are very well done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz dual core800 MHz FSB, (HP)MB Livermore-GL6, 2GB RAM PC2 4200 DDR 2 533 Mhz, ATI Radeon HD OC 4890 1GB GDDR5, Turbo-Cool 510 ps, Vista SP2 Home 32 bit, MS Sidewinder FF2, REX 2.0

Members who have read this thread: 3