For real : Alphasim c-17 is out - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For real : Alphasim c-17 is out

Congratulations Alphasim. Marketing genius.

Most addons probably sell the most copies in the first few weeks after release. All those people desperate for something new to fly (reminds me, I still need to figure out how to fly my C130) rush to buy the latest and greatest and then rush to publish their opinions on the forums. By releasing a half finished version now and the final version in 1-2 months (timeframe according to alphasim) they effectively get to release their product twice and thus double the amount of free publicity they get. Pure genius .

Is number 4 engine looking ok though from the alpha shots its looked different to the others!

Guys,

I want to apologise if my original post started the trend that's continued for four pages. I wasn't bashing AS, or critisising their cost etc. In fact, I stated they'd done a good looking job and I was looking forward to seeing the completed model before I parted with my hard earned cash.

I've bought a number of Alphasim planes in the past, however I was merely pointing out that it was a bit pricey for my piggy bank at the moment.

I wasn't belittling their efforts and I look forward to seeing what happens over the next few months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smudge , no complaints from me , i figured she was pricey and looking forward to the completed model , i just had to compare the external model and its preformance in an airshow setting , i guess we are going to see some amazing screens in the future .. one type off plane doing things lessors would do .

New powered up pc , had to check this thing in FS9 , best of both is what they do at Alphasim , their models everything the same as the X model

I guess its a little quirky .. but this thing has more power that a Garlic Steak ! and not a Garlic Sausage , jezzz its slippery

Maybe i,m simply just waisting fuel

Time to Hanger this till me avionic.s guys give me some real controls
    <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_8249674-->

--------------------
    NZ & World Aviation & Naval History Buff , maybe a little scenery , maybe a little fly , <!--coloro:#FF0000--><!--/coloro-->burn me<!--colorc--><!--/colorc--> <!--coloro:#FFA500--><!--/coloro-->tail feathers<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->

I have a few AS products and am quite happy with the Blackhawk. I'd like to add the C-17 to the stable, but in this case I will be waiting for the VC. The exterior does look pretty good. The UKMIL looks promising as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Time to Hanger this till me avionic.s guys give me some real controls
    Even then, will we get anywhere near "real" controls? I doubt it...

I really hope someone can make a military cargo plane with proper avionics and systems modeling- realistic FMC et al.

KIWI CAT , I go to Alpha for the , well i need this ! if not for screens , just to look and play and the fun , CS for your aircraft systems on a Military transport and LD and PMDG for the airlines yes your right , I no Alpha fills the gap for many , you never no what could be around the corner , .. look how A2A approached the concept , FMC's um yes! , not Alphas forte , but a C17 in an airshow circuit wont use one 'a FMC' and this is were the fun begins
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Remember folks...
    The easiest & least controversial option is to wait until the V/C version is released & then make your assessment
    Well said.

By the shots posted so far, she looks a stunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Remember folks...
    The easiest & least controversial option is to wait until the V/C version is released & then make your assessment
    100% agree with this. Personally I'll just wait until the VC version is out, then wait for the inevitable patch, and THEN take a serious look at buying the product. With so many excellent products currently on the market there really is no need to rush out and buy stuff as soon as it's released.

In the last couple of years I have only purchased one product that lacked a VC and that is the awesome Digital Aviation Fokker. No disrespect to the guys at AlphaSim but I just can't see the systems modelling coming anywhere close to the DA product. So for me to even consider a purchase it really will need to have a VC.
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    I hope you're kidding.

The quality range of mods for FSX is just as wide as the one for every other shooter/game out there. And in terms of complexity, mods like Forgotten Hope for Battlefield 1942 and that LotR total conversion for Rome:Total War are at least on par with stuff like PMDG's MD-11..
    With due respect, that wasn't what I meant. I meant that MS gave us the basics, now its up to the addon makers (freeware or payware) to make it better. There is no other 'game' like FSX that covers the whole world. However it covers the whole world as best it can. The UK landmass is nothing like as "real as it gets", but payware scenery make it better and more detailed.

I'm not of course saying (being a fan of FPS games) that there are good addons for other types of game, I was trying to differentiate between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Even then, will we get anywhere near "real" controls? I doubt it...
    What is the point in speculating on something you haven't seen yet? :isadizzy:

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    What is the point in speculating on something you haven't seen yet? :isadizzy:
    Please, please, please, prove me wrong then. Please! I want a realistic C-17 simulation! :ernae:

I'd even pay 60+ USD for one!

I've been waiting for this one for awhile so I'll wait for the whole package to come out. There's a few other birds in the hangar that I can aquaint myself with.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    With due respect, that wasn't what I meant. I meant that MS gave us the basics, now its up to the addon makers (freeware or payware) to make it better. There is no other 'game' like FSX that covers the whole world. However it covers the whole world as best it can. The UK landmass is nothing like as "real as it gets", but payware scenery make it better and more detailed.

I'm not of course saying (being a fan of FPS games) that there are good addons for other types of game, I was trying to differentiate between them.
    Fair enough.

It just came out a bit wrong in my eyes, but thanks for elaborating anyways.

I've been looking forword to the C-17 for a long time,The price is a little higher than I'm willing to pay right now for an aircraft with no VC and I'd like to see what systems will be implemented.

I've waited a long time,I can wait alittle longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
    I've been looking forword to the C-17 for a long time,The price is a little higher than I'm willing to pay right now for an aircraft with no VC and I'd like to see what systems will be implemented.

I've waited a long time,I can wait alittle longer.
    It will be worth the wait :ernae:

I'm glad that this project is still alive and i'm also waiting for the VC :mixedsmi:

tigisfat
    Who knows how these things will turn out?

I payed for an entire state of photoscenery from a prominent developer. It was released early and at a discount because it was unfinished. Most of the airports didn't line up even a little. It was promised that it was released as a fundraiser to pay bills, and the updates to fix all of it's problems would be released.

I'm a year down the road, and it's never been finished. The developer told me they gave up on it, and they had more important projects to work on. I was also told that I was "welcome to edit the scenery myself" to make airports line up.

I'm out an appreciable sum of money with no updates ever to be offered. Again, I won't buy anything partially completed with promised updates ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    Who knows how these things will turn out?

I payed for an entire state of photoscenery from a prominent developer. It was released early and at a discount because it was unfinished. Most of the airports didn't line up even a little. It was promised that it was released as a fundraiser to pay bills, and the updates to fix all of it's problems would be released.

I'm a year down the road, and it's never been finished. The developer told me they gave up on it, and they had more important projects to work on. I was also told that I was "welcome to edit the scenery myself" to make airports line up.

I'm out an appreciable sum of money with no updates ever to be offered. Again, I won't buy anything partially completed with promised updates ever again.
    No one is asking you to :ernae: if you want to wait, you're welcome to. The choice is yours!

Cool! I'm with panther though. I'll wait a bit. Then we'll see if I like it enough to spend the cash. Model also looks a bit old, not as smooth in some areas as I would have hoped but that's probably cuz it's also thrown into FS9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have to say I couldn't wait any longer so I've taken the plunge with the FSX Alpha C-17 and even though Its needs a VC I'm terribly happy with it, the sounds are just excellent, the night lighting is very realistic around the refueling aperture and on the fuselage and the flight dynamics are spot on from what I've read and seen of this aircraft and it just looks awesome in my opinion. Heres some shots from in and around RAF Brize Norton, I must say guys if your wavering on whether this is good or not I have to say after buying it that I'm very happy. I personally never really fly heavies but this is just excellent and I'm glad I have taken the plunge and bought her even if it does cost a bomb!

Heres some pics!!

On these last pics I'm trying to show the fluorescent night lights, I've actually forgotten there true name oops!

Sorry I know its very dark but I hope this gives you an idea of what it looks like!
    Regards Pete.

Charter Member 2015
    If it is true FSX you should be able to install the default 747 VC into it?

David

tigisfat
    I hope the systems modelling and VC are topnotch. The model and textures are nice, but not cutting edge enouhg to justify the price for me.

Can anyone sneak some VC WIP pics out of Phil's vault?

Nice Peter!! Great Shots!! She is a Beaut!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick