Windows 7 OEM Prices Unveiled

Thread: Windows 7 OEM Prices Unveiled

Retired SOH Administrator

Windows 7 OEM Prices Unveiled

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

MASSIVE discount for college students

If you are enrolled in college, you may be able to get a copy for $30!

http://www.win741.com/

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/academic/dd861347.aspx

Never thought I would wish I was back in school...
    "I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy"

My son got a copy for FREE at his college. He just installed it this past weekend and loves it. Guess his tuition money is actually being put to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommoz View Post
    If you are enrolled in college, you may be able to get a copy for $30!
    Got mine for free.

Hey All,

Those looking to take the OEM route for a cheap upgrade must consider a handful of downsides. First, the install will wipe out any data on your hard drive, unlike the Upgrade edition, so its important you back your data up beforehand. Also, you are not permitted to transfer the license from one machine to another. Microsoft also offers no support for its OEM licenses, so be prepared to be scouring online resources if you have problems.
    We seem to always focus on money. Why? Of far greater concern to me is the inability to transfer a license from one computer to another - that is no transferring from one motherboard/CPU to another correct? What does this do to your ability to upgrade the fundamental processing power of your computer WITHOUT the expense of another OS?

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

We seem to always focus on money. Why? Of far greater concern to me is the inability to transfer a license from one computer to another - that is no transferring from one motherboard/CPU to another correct? What does this do to your ability to upgrade the fundamental processing power of your computer WITHOUT the expense of another OS?

-Ed-
    certainly an important consideration. however, it seems the majority of the software you buy is intended to be more like a "rental" than an actual ownership.