IRIS P-40 repaints..

Thread: IRIS P-40 repaints..

IRIS P-40 repaints..

Hi again,

Does any one know of any repaints for the FS2004/FSX P-40 by IRIS Simulations?

I'm looking for any of restored, airworthy aircraft?

i have a few unreleased, let me get them all batched up and uploaded :ernae:

I did three,
    VH-KTI, restored and airworthy, though presently in France:
    http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...rp&DLID=130382

Lady MacDeath from the 325th FG:
    http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...rp&DLID=130381

and Snafu, of the Dutch Air Force:
    http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...rp&DLID=128581
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I have one - it will be hosted on my website in the coming days.
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

nice teeth!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Should be up now - anyone care to risk exploring my site and moving my traffic up a bit?
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

Jug 47
    I did 2 repaints ..IRIS_P-40F_L_USAAF.zip and IRIS_P-40F_L_AVG.zip .

You can get them here ..http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...dName=Jug%2047

Hope ya like em

I released this set of repaints along time ago for the original FS9 release, and I have future plans to recreate them for FSX, with spec maps, and proper, to-scale bump mapping, but currently I just don't have the time nor energy. The FS9 E model schemes fit the FSX model, but there is some work that has to be done within removing old FS9 textures that have no place, and adding the FSX texture folder .cfg file to each of the new texture folders.

Available from Avism: p40wrhwks.zip

<TABLE border=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD><TD width=*>File Description:
    This is a repaint pack only for the IRIS P-40 Warhawk. This first pack contains four P-40s of today and one straight from the combat skies of WWII. These include The Fighter Factory's P-40E "AVG Flying Tiger - Tex Hill", Ron Fagen's P-40E "Shirley II", Warbird Inc.'s P-40K "Aleutian Tiger" (applied to the E model), Murray Griffith's P-40N "Little Jeanne", and P-40N "Burma Banshee" of the 80th FG.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

john, i have got these ones... They're exceptional, love the aluetian tiger.
    BTW has any one done any alternate prop textures for this bird?

Paints look great, IŽd be interested in relatively cheap native warbird, is it worth it? PCAviator has it for 9.99$... VC looks quite simple, how about the FM?

Have seen Little Jeanne at the Hahnweide airshow, beautiful bird!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    Paints look great, IŽd be interested in relatively cheap native warbird, is it worth it? PCAviator has it for 9.99$... VC looks quite simple, how about the FM?
    Relatively cheap warbird....you pay for what you get...
    $18.99 gets you either the P-51, Me-109 or the Spitfire by A2A, all of which are native by now, and a lot better in my mind.
    $24.99 gets you the A2A Corsair, not as good I think...
    $27.99 for the Aerosoft Catalina, which is fantastic
    $29.99 for the Classic Hangar FW-190, which is outstanding,
    and for the A2A P-40, which is much better that the Iris P-40
    $32.99 for the Vertigo Hellcat, or the A2A B-17, also very good

and $34.99 gets you the best of the best, the WoPIII P-47 by A2A (but then you need another $29.99 for the Accusim pack). All money well spent though, you will not regret it.
    There are other warbirds, but I don't like them as much..the ones above are the ones I fly

It's all my opinion of course, but I think you're much better off with say the A2A P-51 over the Iris P-40.

Yeah, the A2A birds are the reason why I kept off this one, not too much more, and as I like great VCs, the A2A WoP Fighter solos are attractive, too.... Probably IŽll just stick with the stuff I have...

Thanks for the information!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

lovely Repaint, Eagleskinner,

I need a replacement prop, though, as I accidentally deleted the default one...
    Would anyone be kind enough to email me a replacement if I PM you my addy???

Hey there Rowdy, can't you just reinstall it? Takes 2 minutes, just back up your .cfg first and copy it back afterwards.