FSX Acceleration Contact Points

Thread: FSX Acceleration Contact Points

FSX Acceleration Contact Points

I'm sorry to post this question, as I know it has been asked and answered before, but whenever I searched for it, the only things that came up were four threads that no longer exist from the forum hacks.

Does anyone have a fix/modification to the Acceleration F-18 Contact Point issue, where the main gear seem to be permanently extended too far? I thought I had downloaded or copied this information from one of the other threads, but I cannot find it anywhere in my files, and now none of the threads that had the info exist anymore...

Thanks in advance to someone who had better foresight than me.

Brian:d

Quote Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
    I'm sorry to post this question, as I know it has been asked and answered before, but whenever I searched for it, the only things that came up were four threads that no longer exist from the forum hacks.

Does anyone have a fix/modification to the Acceleration F-18 Contact Point issue, where the main gear seem to be permanently extended too far? I thought I had downloaded or copied this information from one of the other threads, but I cannot find it anywhere in my files, and now none of the threads that had the info exist anymore...

Thanks in advance to someone who had better foresight than me.

Brian:d

Here's what I'm using:

;Gear
    point.0=1, -18.00, 0.00, -6.70, 1600, 0, 1.0350, 75.0, 0.30, 2.80, 0.650, 3.0, 3.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0
    point.1=1, -35.50, -6.00, -7.00, 3200, 1, 1.2349, 0.0, 0.80, 1.30, 0.550, 3.9, 3.9, 2, 0.0, 0.0
    point.2=1, -35.50, 6.00, -7.00, 3200, 2, 1.2349, 0.0, 0.80, 1.30, 0.550, 3.7, 3.7, 3, 0.0, 0.0

and

static_pitch = 0.00
    static_cg_height = 7.00

This allows the Accel F/A-18 to sit level with the ground and still work with the carrier practice missions (provided you're real patient with pulling back on the joy stick at the end of the deck). Some people prefer the back end to be lower but I've also seen lots of photos where the a/c looks level too when sitting at rest so that's what I went with.

Here's a screen shot.

There is a lot of good tweaks for the Acceleration Hornet here:
    http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...board,4.0.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you both for the information and links. I've saved the info in text files now and placed them where I can find them, so hopefully if the forums go down again, I won't have lost the info...

Brian

Members who have read this thread: 0