OT: This is Where I'm From - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: This is Where I'm From

The editing in this video is terrible and obviosly the mic recording hasn't been added in this sample, but the images portray pretty well this little market town.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_H47DKEQlYc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Two thumbs up for this thread! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    Awesome idea Scratch! I have enjoyed ALL of the posted videos. Beautiful places!! Makes me want to just pack my bags and go! I LOVE traveling!<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Here's where I'm "currently" from. Enjoy!<o></o>

[youtube]XZC0t_Iu0Bs&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud9Gal View Post
    Two thumbs up for this thread! <o></o>
    <o></o>
    Awesome idea Scratch! I have enjoyed ALL of the posted videos. Beautiful places!! Makes me want to just pack my bags and go! I LOVE traveling!<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Starts checking airline tickets prices to Pittsburgh.

Nice city Cloud9Gal. I went there once and enjoyed my trip. It is a beautiful area. If I ever go back, I would love to find a nice restaurant overlooking the water. I bet the view at night is spectator.

BTW- If you want to see where I am from, just go back and look at Scratch's video again. Nice thread Scratch!
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    That's truely a place of amazing grace there Scratch, you must be happy to live in such a beautyfull area of the world.

Not much "footage" about my hometown in the www so here's something that has been on TV a few month ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI6UUiFz_8o&hl=deOne more from another source:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqIVs9Yo0Mg&NR=1
    As you can see our locals are pretty proud of their train station which has been "overhauled" in recent years by Friedensreich Hundertwasser.
    Thanks Mathias, and everybody. Watching all those videos gives me the traveling bug again. There really is no place like home though.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

This is the beginning of a good turtle sauce piquante. First get a good turtle:ernae:turtle.jpg

turtle2.jpg

Just don't stick anything you are not willing to destroy near the business end of the turtle
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    This is the beginning of a good turtle sauce piquante. First get a good turtle:ernae:turtle.jpg

turtle2.jpg

Just don't stick anything you are not willing to destroy near the business end of the turtle
    Ummmm.....*wrinkles her nose*....I'll pass on the turtle sauce piquante.

*feels her stomach churning a little...*

Didn't quite escape.
    I really cannot believe someone made a slideshow of this place... But yup, you can see our house in a couple of the shots.

And my YT links don't want to work, so have a boring one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQrGAgUGhJY

Two thumbs up for this thread! <o></o>
    <o></o>

Pittsburgh?

(awaiting the weekend when my beloved Brownies get beat up by the Steelers...once more...)

Quote Originally Posted by bkeske View Post
    Pittsburgh?

(awaiting the weekend when my beloved Brownies get beat up by the Steelers...once more...)
    *shakes her head and smiles*

Yeah....ahuh...ok...suuuuuuuuure!!

bkeske, I see you like to dream Really can't blame you, seeing WHO you root for!!

My Steelers will take a bite out of your Brownies and that will be the end of that story!

Yea, as I said, I'm awaiting the day when the Browns will get beat by the Steelers again

Someday things will change.....

Quote Originally Posted by bkeske View Post
    Yea, as I said, I'm awaiting the day when the Browns will get beat by the Steelers again

Someday things will change.....

LOL!! Crap! I completely misread that!! Sorry bkeske

In that case, I completely agree with you! See, how it's easy to get along with me bkeske?

Noordwijk, the Netherlands.

Well you asked for it; a promotion video from the village I was born, grew up and still live in. Before you all think that there are only hotels, conference centres and restaurants.... there are 25,000 people living in this village and working eiter in the village or in the surrounding area. Most of these people have nothing to do with hotels or conference centres and only have to live with the annoyance of being visited by millions every year!

But is actaully quite nice to live this close to the sea.

[YOUTUBE]UlzFJs9FWtc[/YOUTUBE]

And one of the beach

[YOUTUBE]VhhXpreG6IM[/YOUTUBE]

Ummmm.....*wrinkles her nose*....I'll pass on the turtle sauce piquante.

*feels her stomach churning a little...*
    Yeah, I know. It looks like a gross Dino-turtle, but trust me the finished product on your plate is to die for. We have a recipe for everything that moves through land, sea, and air here
    That's why we don't have a UFO problem here. It's because the aliens know that as soon as they land somebody will put on a pot of rice

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I know. It looks like a gross Dino-turtle, but trust me the finished product on your plate is to die for. We have a recipe for everything that moves through land, sea, and air here
    That's why we don't have a UFO problem here. It's because the aliens know that as soon as they land somebody will put on a pot of rice

So true, so true!!
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Ok... This could be bad.. But here it goes.

First, put on some sun glasses. Welding goggles preferably. This will protect your retna from Omega band radiation light emmiting from the monitor.

Next, drape some aluminum foil over your chest area and forehead to prevent radiation burns from occurring.

Finally, click on this link. It has a very strange voice narration, but all the facts are there.

Yes, we are called Phoenicians (fee-nee-shions). Also, radioactive patients, burn victims, temp tested, dusty people basically.

(the land of dust and cactii, where people are high temp tested and your power bill from the AC running comes to near the cost of house payments.. arrgh.. Life on Mars!)

[YOUTUBE]jxdgyFKhGAw[/YOUTUBE]
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Ok... This could be bad.. But here it goes.

First, put on some sun glasses. Welding goggles preferably. This will protect your retna from Omega band radiation light emmiting from the monitor.

Next, drape some aluminum foil over your chest area and forehead to prevent radiation burns from occurring.

Finally, click on this link. It has a very strange voice narration, but all the facts are there.

Yes, we are called Phoenicians (fee-nee-shions). Also, radioactive patients, burn victims, temp tested, dusty people basically.

(the land of dust and cactii, where people are high temp tested and your power bill from the AC running comes to near the cost of house payments.. arrgh.. Life on Mars!)

[YOUTUBE]jxdgyFKhGAw[/YOUTUBE]
    Cool vid Bill. It's been a long time since I've been to Arizona, but hopefully I will be there sometime this Fall to visit my sister in Scottsdale. I love the desert.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Cool vid Bill. It's been a long time since I've been to Arizona, but hopefully I will be there sometime this Fall to visit my sister in Scottsdale. I love the desert.
    Oh man.. Well, at least you are arriving in the heat of the summer. Heavy on the human body.

Have fun on your stay. I hope your sister has double pained glass windows. Helps on the electric bills.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Hi guys,

great idea and some neat videos!

Here's a nice HD video I found showing an approach over my town (Sidney) into CYYJ. The restaurant at the Victoria Flying Club (last minute of the video) is a favorite hangout of yours truly.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=.../2/to0i5Unz1lk

Cheers, Holger

Hey,

two vids showing my little home town, Lomza. Small, 60k city in the NW part of my country. While I don't live there anymore, I come there often, visiting my parents. Movies were taken from ultralights as once a year there are ultralight competitions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwIixKD5xSA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX7Me3-8nyc
    Just take a look on the autogen

Lucas

Members who have read this thread: 0