General Multi Install CFS3 Question

Thread: General Multi Install CFS3 Question

General Multi Install CFS3 Question

Hi,

I have just upgraded my download limit and now have all the latest expansions for installation, MAW, ETO & PTO.

Presently I have a vanilla CFS3 patched to 3.1a Ubisoft version and OFF v3. I have kept to the default install path and directories with one exception. Installed to "D" instead of "C" drive.

Is there any special sequence to follow in installing the other expansions?

As well as the above I have Firepower, Just Flight's Battle of Britain & B17 bomber expansion and ABACUS mosquito expansion.

Now somehow I need to install all these if possible and keep my clean CFS3 for future expansions.

On my last PC I just setup a multi boot system with three operating systems, but I do not want to go to that much trouble again. But in the past this was easier for me than multi versions of CFS3.

I have Martin Wrights multi config program but in the past I have had problems using it myself. When I have used it when it came with other installers it seemed to work. Are there any guides with screen shots of how to use it correctly. When I folow the instructions I must be doing someing wrong as in the past when I tried to use it my installs got all mucked up.

To install Firepower into the Ubisoft version you make / add a folder to your CFS3 installed directory called BACKUP. I picked up this tip from the A2A forums. Are there any problems with the Ubisoft version with other mods?

This time I hope to have more luck. But I gather this will be a long term project.

Cheers MarkL

Quote Originally Posted by marklaur View Post
    ...I have Martin Wrights multi config program but in the past I have had problems using it myself. When I have used it when it came with other installers it seemed to work. Are there any guides with screen shots of how to use it correctly. When I folow the instructions I must be doing someing wrong as in the past when I tried to use it my installs got all mucked up....
    Cheers MarkL
    You'll find what you need in the ETO installation guide - see the sticky thread above.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    You'll find what you need in the ETO installation guide - see the sticky thread above.
    Thanks,
    I have started to go through that topic now. I will see how I go.

Cheers MarkL

Members who have read this thread: 1