Milviz Updates! AV-8B and Sikorksy/Erickson Skycrane

Thread: Milviz Updates! AV-8B and Sikorksy/Erickson Skycrane

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries

Milviz Updates! AV-8B and Sikorksy/Erickson Skycrane

Good evening everyone. Had some new renders come across my mailbox so trying to get them out ASAP. I know we have had some people inquiring about the Skycrane and progress on it. So far the external model is completed, and now work has moved into the cockpits. So as soon as the VC progress is sufficient we will have shots of that up as well. The textures are high resolution at the moment, but we are currently in the process with all aircraft looking at releasing them with smaller textures to increase simulator performance. I only have one shot of the AV-8B cockpit. That is of course a work in progress. The P-38 is shapping up very nicely as can be seen in some of the screenshot threads floating the forum. Now on to the screens. As always comments are welcome, and thanks for taking the time to look. Keep in mind they are all renders in the design program, and they are works in progress.

AV-8B Harrier Cockpit
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Hard to believe but this chooper just popped into my head, so I came to SOH in order to search for it, and I found this thread sitting here with only 1 view. It must have popped into my head the moment it was posted. lol Looks amazing.
    Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem Quad @ 4.2GHz
    EVGA GTX260 216 710/2500MHz
    OCZ Platinum CL7 6GB
    EVGA Intel X58

MCDesigns
    Looks amazing as expected!! The real key is going to be performance in the sim.

Thanks for the updates!

Very cool, Steve! You will make the rotorheads and hover phreaks very happy!

looking forward to the SkyCrane!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

JamesChams
    Starting to look good, gents!

Master of Disaster
    AV8B!!!:ernae:
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the comments. As I was saying above performance is something that we are closely looking into with our partners after what we went through with the Huey. Is good to be ambitious but sometimes to much ambition is also not good, . The P-38 will reflect this consideration to performance across a wide range of machines. While I cannot directly speak for these as they aren't in the game yet. The fact that the Huey's performance issues were readily fixable is a good sign. Which speaking of the Huey work on the next patch was begun some days ago. Should be a busy end of the year from us though. Got a number of stuff in the pipeline. Expect to get progress on the F-15 soon as well. I have begun putting together documentation and reading up the manual to put together checklists. Can never start to early. The more time I have to weed out mispellings and other mistakes the better. :ernae:
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    If you can get a copy of "Flying US Cold War Aircraft" or something like that, there is a section on the F-15 written by a pilot, He goes through the entire preflight and startup checklist.

BTW, it's a great book but whoever wrote the captions should do a little research, they're really funny!

Roll on the Harrier for me, can't wait!

looking good, guys!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Members who have read this thread: 0