No pilots voices with ICB in ETO

Thread: No pilots voices with ICB in ETO

No pilots voices with ICB in ETO

Hardly a big issue, but I've noticed their are no pilots' voices/audible radio commands in ETO when ICB (Italian Co-Belligerent) aircraft are flown. It doesn't matter whether it's the single "stock" ICB P-39 or any other aircraft whose XDP files have been changed to "Italy_Allied".

Again, no big deal, but is there a simple way to fix this?

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi wsmwsm,

its cuased by not having a set of voice commands named up to match the ICB country.

In the sounds folder you'll see a heap of gvp (I think thats the extension) files, these are the files that give the various in game wingman responses.

If you were to take a set of voice files (say german) and rename the files to match the ICB country you would then hear wingman commands but they would be in German.

At this stage I do not know how to make the gvp files so there is no short term fix to get proper language responses planned at the moment.

I'll look tonight and get some proper instructions on what you need to copy and how to rename them, to at least get some wingman responses.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

If you have MAW installed, just copy the following files over from the "sounds" folder:

air_ita.gvp
    ground_ita.gvp
    pilot_ita.gvp
    wingman_ita.gvp

rename them, replacing ita with icb and you and your wingmen are speaking italian.

you can also leave a set of files named *-ita* then you have the same soundset for the italian planes....

hope it helps!

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Italflyer,

thanks for the heads up mate, I'll do that tonight. I'll also check through my MAW docs and see if I can find out who made them. We may be able to get some more sets made with some of the other langauges.

As for ETO all the gpv files are in there for each country, but ICB nationality files have been miss labelled.

CHANGE
    ground_itb.gvp
    pilot_itb.gvp
    wingman_itb.gvp

TO
    ground_icb.gvp
    pilot_icb.gvp
    wingman_icb.gvp

and you have the wingman sounds (in German)

I wiil correct all this for the ETO update.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

You're welcome!

what's still missing now are the voicepacks for the polish, russian, finnish and spanish pilots! That would add a bit of immersion to flying for those nationalities!

BTW in MAW you will also find the Greek sounds!

cheers

Thanks. Will give one or the other method a try.

It works. Italian voices for Italian planes. Cool.

Members who have read this thread: 0