High Definition Clouds from Pablo Diaz! - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: High Definition Clouds from Pablo Diaz!

Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Wow, I am still saying that about these clouds. I think the three best things are they are easy on the fps, there are large cloud masses, and the 3d effect. My rig is happy with the second best res set.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

These clouds are simply superb, I've had no trouble with them whatsoever.
    PJ
    www.uk-warbirds.net Historic flying in the UK

The only time I have had any issue with the HDE Clouds was the other day, during a flight way up north in Alaska. Weather was horrid....all those pretty clouds floating everywhere made it real real real hard to find the airport I was wanting to land at. Took 4 go arounds and heavy use of the GPS to find the airport. Couldn't drop down below the clouds as there was a heavy ground fog and mountains kept jumping up in front of my plane.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    The only time I have had any issue with the HDE Clouds was the other day, during a flight way up north in Alaska. Weather was horrid....all those pretty clouds floating everywhere made it real real real hard to find the airport I was wanting to land at. Took 4 go arounds and heavy use of the GPS to find the airport. Couldn't drop down below the clouds as there was a heavy ground fog and mountains kept jumping up in front of my plane.

OBIO
    Welcome to my IRL world be it Canada or Alaska. As long you brought the bird down in one piece and you made it home for dinner, you won the battle with mean old mother nature.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

I know what you're talking about:

Just made a short haul at dawn with my Buffalo C-46 from Hay River to Yellowknife in some nasty FSMETAR conditions:

These two lighted spots in the background are the lighted aprons of Yellowknife with rwy 33 in the middle.
    I doubt whether I would have found the strip without ILS...
    One note for the "hand-flyers": I use to switch off the AP at about 2000 ft. This one was quite challenging with a crosswind (90°) of 10 knots!
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?
    The Patron: I heard it on that radio there.
    [Kelso shoots the radio]
    Captain Wild Bill Kelso: Radio's wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HDE 2.0!

Hi,

I have just seen that Pablo Diaz is already working on HDE 2.0

HERE are some great preview pictures.

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    Hi,

I have just seen that Pablo Diaz is already working on HDE 2.0
    Tim

DROOOOOOOL!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bull494
    Holy Moley!!!!

Reading through the thread the link goes to...Pablo is claiming that the frame rates with HDEV2 will be better than V1, the sky color is more realistic, cloud shapes and colors more detailed and realistic.

I have not had a problem with frame rates using V1, so if V2 offers even better frame rate behavior this is going to be the cloud package of all cloud packages.'

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2020
    Reading through the thread the link goes to...Pablo is claiming that the frame rates with HDEV2 will be better than V1, the sky color is more realistic, cloud shapes and colors more detailed and realistic.

I have not had a problem with frame rates using V1, so if V2 offers even better frame rate behavior this is going to be the cloud package of all cloud packages.'

OBIO
    I've been using V1 (VERY HIGH: HD clouds (1024x1024), 32bit.) for some time now with no problems and if Pablo has found a way to improve them , then it's a must have.

Pete.

Oooo yeah. But I wonder if he can get rid of the Bunny Cloud? Have others seen this?
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

There was a thread about the bunny cloud a while back...seems as though it is used to mark the location of thermals in one of the hang glider thermal packages or some such stuff.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HDE 2.0 is now available!

>Avsim Library<

Thanks a lot Pablo!

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Thanks for the heads up Tim. This looks great.

Moses

dl'd teh package, note that the ENB bloom mod is included. Any advice on this? I got no clue, and a middlin system.

BP

I have the HDE V2 installed. I used the highest detail "1-Cumulus- VERY HIGH (HD)32bit" when I installed. I just tested the new clouds, including the Cumulus, and had NO drop in frame rates over HDE V1...but I did get a slight increase in frame rates during T-Storms using the new Cumulus cloud. I above, through and below a major thunderstorm (using the predefined FS9 weather thingie for Major Thunderstorm) and my frame rates were the same as if I were flying through a cloudles sky: 24.8 to 24.9 (I have my system locked at 25 FPS)

The Bloomers thingie....I installed it, checked it out a bit...did not like it. I did not experience any frame rate loss...but I did not like the way it made everything seem washed out and milky. Maybe if I spent some time tweaking it to work better with my system (P4 3.0 gig processor, 2 gig PC3200 RAM, 512Meg Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS)...but I think I can find better uses of my time than tweaking the bloomers thingie.

Not sure what your "middlin" system is...but on my older and less powerful system, HDE V2 had no negative effect, some positive frame rate effect. The Bloom thing...still don't like it.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(P4 3.0 gig processor, 2 gig PC3200 RAM, 512Meg Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS)...but I think I can find better uses of my time than tweaking the bloomers thingie.

Not sure what your "middlin" system is...but on my older and less powerful system, HDE V2 had no negative effect, some positive frame rate effect. The Bloom thing...still don't like it.

OBIO
    Thanks OBIO,
    Got the same system as you, card and ram wise, appreciate the advice. I think the bloom deal is a tweaker's specialty, I know some screenie artists swear by it. But I dont need it to enjoy simming.

cheerio
    brady

I tried the bloom thing a while back when it was the hot topic of the forum....I dumped it after a couple days. My set up and install looks better without it. And, one less thing for my poor old system to have to tend to.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had the Alphasim RA-5C Vigilante up for a dawn flight to test the exhaust effects work that I am doing on it....and I had the weather set to storm (don't know why) but as I climbed up through the clouds, I was greeted by the best looking night sky I have ever seen in a sim. It was BLACK..and not that "it's just not black enough" black...but that deep rich black you see in real life...with the stars peppered about and looking like they are close enough to touch.....that is how the night sky looks using HDE 2.0. Definitely a WOW moment.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just installed V.2...WOW! I've flying with V.1 since day one (thankks to some download help from OBIO). Also installed Pablo's sky color for the first time. I'm also trying out the BLOOM EFFECT app from Vorontsov Boris Ivanovich. Still have some tweeking to do.

I didn't think the clouds could get very much better than V.1. WRONG!

Skirting building t-storms near Meridian.

Duckie
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

SOH Staff
    okay, okay, I'm sold!
    downloading now
    thanks for the link, Tim :salute:
    sometimes the magic works.
    sometimes it doesn't.

Charter Member 2011
    I'm not sure what the difference is between V1 and V2 but looks great nonetheless.
    I tried the new grass textures too, and they are as good as the freeware REX I've been using.
    This shot is without bloom tweaks, but that won't stop me trying stuff later

Pablo certainly understands what to address in MSFS

thanks for the HU about V2
    seems that the Install on my notebook gets new clouds

on main system I have Payware REX for FS9

BR
    Tom

Pablo definitely made the FS9 sky look as close to real as I could possible hope to have in my sim....not if someone would do the same thing for the ground!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 6